• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

2014 Beta Wishes - 1 wish per tester

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Dear FoE Beta Team,

my wish is the improvement of the Message Center / Message System

I do read a lot of Mails in our Guild on the live Server and after some time it is a little annoying, especially:
(I do add some screenshots to explain the written)

1. When you write a message, the part of the window where you write your text is not that large. After 3 or 4 row´s, the text scrolls down automatically. So if you write a bigger text, for exmple with 15 or more row´s, it is very inconvient if you want to read the beginning of your text again. The problem is the same with the part of the window where you read the Answers from the opponents. If you are in a guild conversation with 30or more people, it´s very annoying if you can only read messages from 2 players. (check 1. Screenshot)

1.jpg

2. Each site of the Inbox should contain more than 4 Messages. Furthermore There should be a possibilty to switch more easily between all messages in your Inbox, even when you read a message at the moment. So in total, a combination of Inbox and writng window would be gorgeous (check 2. Screenshot - i tried to build a pic with ms paint to show my intension - sorry for the bad quality)

2.jpg

3. You should be able to turn off the blinking signal of the Letter Icon in the Tool Box (i Don´t know the correct name of it) down left

3.JPG

4. It should be possible to put in Pictures, for example Screenshots, easily in Messages (e.g. Copy and Paste)

Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to talk about our wishes to improve the game. And sorry 4 my english and the bad quality of the pic´s.

Greetings,

Nuttz Neaser

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5350

Sort the troups !

Alcatraz gives lots of un-bound troups, which is good !
Fights harm the troups.
and all troups are mixed in order in a strange way i cant figure out !

My suggestion is:
Sort the troups so first the bound un-harmed troups are shown, then the un-harmed un-bound troups, and after that the harmed bound-troups and at last the harmed un-bound troups.

The gain is that
- we wont have to struggle to find unharmed bound troups
- we wont have to struggle to find unharmed un-bound troups
- we easily can tell the difference of bound and un-bound troups (since they are separatedly sorted) Having more than 50 troups of the same kind, today it just kills my eyes to tell them apart.

DeletedUser5350

optional "tagging" of unbound/bound trups

marking the troups using the orange stripe is Genious !

This can easily be double as good by giving me as user control over the choice of if it is the bound troups or the un-bound troups that shall have the orange stripe.

Personally, having MANY un-bound troops from Alcatraz, I'd very much prefer to have orange-marking on the bound troups instead, making them Much easier to find !

DeletedUser5350

Possibility to "park" already built buildings into a "garage"

Today we get buildings as gifts from the game, and they are "parked" in a "garage" until I choose to build the building.

This suggestion is to make it possible to NOT have to demolish a building to "remove" it from the village.
Instead, it shall be possible to "park" the build building in the same "garage" as the today given buildings already are.

Gain of the suggestion:
It will be Much easier to rebuild the village.
It will be much easier to fulfil event quests, where we today are forced to destroy a wanted building to gain space to be able to fulfil the quest-line, only to afterwards re-build the previously destroyed building..

DeletedUser5350

unbuilt gifts - old eras :(

given gifts are usually "dated" by the era when it was given to me.

the result is a growing "garage" of outdated gifts, never ever to be built.

Suggestion is that the gifts should inherit the age "When Built" - not "When Given".

Gain is obvious - people might even start building things later on in the game ( for example Champions Retreat, which is told to be great in contemporary era, but mor or less unwanted in earlier eras )

DeletedUser5350

Bird-view over the village ( and/or rotation of the village ! )

It would be most appreciated if it is easier to actually "see" how the village has its building placed.

At the moment it is sometimes difficult to see if there are unused spaces behind larger buildings or not.
or exactly where the road are missing one tile.

both a rotation and/or temporary bird-view would help here...

DeletedUser5350

FP and Demolishing a GB..

to level up a Great Building ( GB ) a massive amount of FP is needed (thinking higher levels )

However, even GB's are starting to get out-dated !
Newer GB's arrive having quite better properties.

When demolishing a GB, all or at least a part of the invested FP's in the building should become 10 / 5 / 2 packages of FP.

Example, a GB having a total of 1503 FP ( all levels summarized ) will render 150 10-FP-packages and one 2-FP-package ( if we get back 100% of the FP. )

Today, when we sell a building we get back a % och Coins and Materials - this is "the same idea" acting on FP's.

DeletedUser5350

being a warrior-gamer, this "sorting" suggestion is my top wanted enhancement =)
( knowing I have posted a number of suggestions )

ideally a person could themselves choose "how" the sort should be done - maximizing the benefit for each and everyone.

DeletedUser5926

NEW: A F.O.E Banking feature

I wish the was a F.O.E. banking feature. The bank would only deal in the deposit and exchange of forge points (FPs). It would allow the user to deposit FPs in units of 2, 5 or 10 only. It would also, and this is important, allow the user to exchange a 10 FP deposit to create two 5 FPs deposits or take two 5 FP units to make a 10 unit pack. Of course the bank feature would allow the player to withdraw FPs, also in units like it does now from the players inventory. I feel the self deposit and exchanging being the main reason for the bank as the current way to access FPs in inventory is excellent. With the increase FPs players get via the great buildings (GBs), specially the Cape Canaveral which can give out more than 10 FPs at a time, there is a need to allow the player to store these extra FPs.

The F.O.E bank feature could be incorporated into the inventory or the actual FP transactions could be separated out and use the now unused 'gift' feature. It could become the 'Banking' feature. Players could go into their inventory, click the banking feature and then deposit, exchange, or withdraw FPs. The deposit and exchange function would be new but the withdraw could be done in the bank or has the player is visiting their or others FP required area. Like when in they tech tree or on they own or an other players GBs.

JtW

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5439

Timing is everything.

Unfortunately the time units available for production of goods are less than optimal. Many of the players here are in employment - unlike many other wargames I play, this one seems to attract a more, shall we say, mature player. Those who are in employment leave for work, work 8-9 hours (normally with no or limited access to a computer for gaming) then have to travel home again. This gives them two options: first, stick to 24-hour builds, which means they're not online here as much (and probably not buying diamonds, hint, hint) OR second, to risk losing much of their production to those who are online and working the 'hood for plunder.

I would like to see all builds from EMA onwards to lose the 5 minute option (which is probably only used for quests, and a 15-minute option would work for them equally) and add in a 12-hour option. This would be more compatible with work and school schedules, giving us all more time to indulge our FoE addictions.

DeletedUser6049

I would like the mailsystem to improve. Mails disappear, reappear, get mixed up.
it is quite annoying when you have to refresh to find right threads.
Surely a better working email feature can be thought of?

DeletedUser

Increase the number of alliance members and neighbours. Since now it is easier to help (motivate/polish) or attack them, i think the number like 100 should be fine.

Macha

Squire
we are now starting to get nice collections of buildings, ie christmas, halloween, summer etc. These buildings are great & i have seen players build beautiful areas in their cities using these groups of buildings, however i dont particularly want a christmas area all year round so i have a tendency not to even bother building them so they just sit in my inventory.

when i unlock a building in the tec tree it goes into the build menu & i can build & sell these buildings as often as i want, i would like the same thing to happen these special buildings, either through the inventory or via a new special buildings category on the build menu, if i unlock 1 EMA festive tree i would like to build it, then sell it after xmas, and then have it available to rebuild for next year. I dont suggest being able to build multiple items, if i win 1 then i can only ever build 1 at a time, if i win 3 then i can build 3, nor do i suggest that it should always be free to build, 1st time it should be free then every time after that it should have a coin & supply cost

i just think there are too many beautiful unique buildings sitting useless in many players inventories as they dont want to build them because they are inappropriate all year round or because they are soon outdated and not a good use of space so eventually will be sold, but more players would build them in the correct season if they could sell them & reuse them as with all normal buildings in the game

DeletedUser6051

I think a great new feature could be, giving the player the ability to "GIFT" items. You could gift them for "FREE" to guild mates, or at a "RATE" to friends and neighbors, just like when trading "Goods" in the MARKET. This could be anything from extra "Coin" and "Supplies", to "Forge Points" or even extra "Blue Prints". It may be a bit extreme to "Gift" whole buildings, but could add a whole new dimension to the game. Also, I think it would be beneficial if we had the ability to "STORE" event buildings in our "Inventory". This way we can decorate our cities with each event, and not have to worry about deleting them later on to save space, or when the event buildings become "Out Dated" by progressing to higher ages which eventually gives "Regular" buildings better payouts.. This would help the gamer save on space, but also keep event buildings for later placement. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I really hope this idea gets added to the game. Thank You

OhManCometh

DeletedUser3485

my wish would be to have a pop-up for the repeating quests where you can just check the box at the repeating quests that you want to do instead of having to keep skipping over the unwanted quests until you finally get to the one you want to do.
once the quests are complete for the current age mostly all i do are the Collect coins, Collect Supplies and Spend Forge Points.
it would save a lot of time to just check the box on the repeating quest that is available and click the accept button and you're done.

agramer66

Steward
My wish is for us to be able to decide (and change, maybe for a fee) which goods do we get out of Obs & Atomium. Like it is now, if a guild is fighting in lower era than PoMo, you don't need Atomium, or if you have it, it's a waste, and all the Obs are doomed to produce newest goods..
What's the point? It should be a help for guild in GvG, let it become that.

DeletedUser6014

Suggestion Type : Strategy Enhancement

The Problem: In PvP things used to be balanced with the rock/paper/scissor style of troop strengths and weaknesses. ie : If an attacker was daily attacking my city with tanks then I would make him pay the next day by having a wall of artillery waiting for him. He would change his attackers to Fast and I would change my defenders to counter. The (albeit limited) strategy element at least added some sort of guessing game challenge to the PvP aspect of the game.
With the advent of the Rogue however this all went out the window since there is no defense against a one (anything) 7 Rogue attacker. My brain-dead A-I defenders always go after the rogues first thus insuring that my army will be wiped out with either no or minimal damage to the attacker. There is no defense against the devastating 1 fighter 7 rogue attacker.

The Solution : Either...
A) Designate at least one class of the existing fighters (Artillary for example) that will not by default always go after the Rogue first (it should always attack a standard fighter if it is in reach while attempting to stay our of reach of the Rogues travel range). Or...
B) Change the default defense behavior to something similar to what you have done in latter Tower Battle ages where all defenders focus on my non-rogue attackers first (greatly lessening the effectiveness of my heavy rogue attack).

The Effect :
Either of the above changes will re-open the door to at least some sort of strategic element of how I can defend my city rather then the current (set it and forget it because no matter what I defend with the rogues will still wipe me out and escape unscathed) mode that many players now utilize.

Pasha

Farmer
Good day,
1. As discussed in the division army free - non-free, healthy - not healthy
2. Collect more than 10 points without losing the timer and limit. Points collected from all buildings and put the timer is not reset so

DeletedUser

I would like to be able to set preferences between polish, motivate production or gold in my player profile so that the Aid button, when clicked by another player, respects this wish list and its order.

Status
Not open for further replies.