• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Feature request: Aid and Decos

DeletedUser

Related to the Aid system introduced in 1.40 update.

I'd like to see the Aid system put decorations after everything else, so that the decorations will only be polished after all other buildings have already been mot/pol-ed.

So the end result would be something like:
1. Special event buildings
2. Everything else
3. Decorations

To be clear, this feedback thread is not about a custom priority list, that's a different feature request thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1264

I'd prefer it to ignore decorations entirely, but +1 to the general idea.

Edit: As ThePhantom notes below, what we mean by "special event buildings" in this proposal needs to be made more specific.

DeletedUser5663

If they want anyone to keep using decorations, thats what they need to do.

DeletedUser

Agree with OP, and yes, please ignore the decorations entirely.

Andi47

Overlord
+1
When I look at my event history, polishing deco seems to be by far the most likly action now when clicking the "aid" button....

Please ignore decos as long as there are other polivatable buildings available - or at least drastically reduce the likehood to polish deco!

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I believe a slightly inconvenient part of this implementation for the devs would be to differentiate decorations from special events, since just by selecting "special event buildings" first you're also including Palm Trees, Phoenix Statues, etc. A number of special event decorations would find themselves on the top priority list. I'm sure a differentiation can be made to exclude special event decorations, but thought I'd mention it up front so maybe it can be added as a note in OP's post that special event decorations should also fall down to last priority.

Otherwise looks good and I'm all for it. +1

DeletedUser1264

I believe a slightly inconvenient part of this implementation for the devs would be to differentiate decorations from special events, since just by selecting "special event buildings" first you're also including Palm Trees, Phoenix Statues, etc.

Indeed, "special event buildings" in general aren't what we want prioritized. That should read Shrines of Knowledge, Oases, HoFs and Witch Doctors, not decorations like palm trees.

Just for reference, here's what the person who told us how it's supposed to be prioritizing things said (s/he was mistaken about Tigers' Dens having a second function when polished, but ... well, never mind!)

Hi Guys! :)

As to the Aid thing: there is no wishlist planned, as we really want you to still visit each other ;). The new feature is basically a quick way for someone who currently just runs through all the cities in guild everyday and clicks a random building as quickly as possible. The difference is that it's better to use the Aid button for this, as it is not entirely random there. As I see no reason to hide the selection algorithm, I will just share it:
  1. Buildings like “Shrine of Knowledge” or “Tigers’ Den” that trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized.
  2. If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age.
If you want to polish/motivate a specific building, you're still free to do it - simply visit the city and click the building of your choice - nothing changes here :).
So yes... there will be no wishlist, however it is of course possible that the selection algorithm will be adjusted in the future.

DeletedUser5663

So that means it's safe to use deco from past ages! That's good... if only the cherry trees werent so pretty :D

DeletedUser5608

so that might explain why my mobolith is the only decoration it avoids polishing - as it is an age lower than mu current city age (despite giving a lot more happiness than the current age decs.) (although my premium bronze age pillars do get polished)

DeletedUser5663

No, it isn't safe, actually, because the thing hasn't been working as described.

So what, it is a beta, that's what this forum is for, so they can fix it. Then it will be safe to use deco.

DeletedUser1264

So what, it is a beta, that's what this forum is for, so they can fix it. Then it will be safe to use deco.

Yes of course it will be, because they will fix it to work even better than what they've described there. Thank you for contributing to that outcome

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
so that might explain why my monolith is the only decoration it avoids polishing - as it is an age lower than mu current city age (despite giving a lot more happiness than the current age decs.) (although my premium bronze age pillars do get polished)

I believe that might be because the feature is still random, just gives a higher priority/bias toward special event items and buildings from the latest age. Not sure on this obviously, don't take my comment as a certainty, but imo the description says it's still random at the end of the day.

DeletedUser5663

Yes of course it will be, because they will fix it to work even better than what they've described there. Thank you for contributing to that outcome

All I did was point out that if it works as intended, we can use deco from lower ages safely. What are you doing?

DeletedUser

I think the Aid button is great and I don't have enough items in my city to worry that only the deco's will be polished.
Between 140 friends on my list, Guild members and Neighbours.....I just don't see the order of preference ever being an issue but I do see this encouraging more players to be active and it will make the game much easier when playing on an android or ipad system.
However I'm not sure that I want to be an FOE Aid Worker. :)

DeletedUser5663

Really? Because I was rejoicing, wasn't snarky at all. His reply correcting me however...

DeletedUser2752

Hey guys, let's refrain from a pointless argument here, okay?

Regarding the idea, I would prefer if decos were prioritised last (but I'm not entirely for the idea itself)