• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Feedback Update 1.40

DeletedUser

When Easter will come people will visit, everyone wants his/her deco's to be polished so they will do the same, I'm pretty sure.

DeletedUser5936

Do you even know how the Easter event works? I assure you, during that time polishing decorations is the last thing anyone wants, since it sabotages your ability to get eggs.

DeletedUser

If the players population is enthusiastic the aid button still motivates a building, whe not it is random. Dekorations should be excluded, because its pointless.

Yes, if a wish-list is too much requested, I'd vote for this. However, waiting untill population is below enthusiastic is not good as polish-dependant players will get very annoyed. I'd improve the algorithm in this way:

1. Special buildings that gives some sort of motivation-exclusive bonus.
2. If enthusiastic is running out within the nearest hour (59:59 minutes) then polish the currently aviable building that gives the most happiness.
3. Motivate coins or supplies randomly.

But still, some players want coins rather than supplies or the other way around, so the best solution would be a wish-list :)

EDIT: Or a combination of both. Let the algorithm do the first 2 steps and then have 1 setting in the player settings for alternative 3 (coins or supplies) :)

DeletedUser

Do you even know how the Easter event works? I assure you, during that time polishing decorations is the last thing anyone wants, since it sabotages your ability to get eggs.

Obviously I meant one has to visit to place eggs so by aiding wont help anyone including himself/herself as he/she wont get back any eggs.

Thanks for the correction.

DeletedUser1264

Does the design/development team understand that by not setting the "aid" gizmo to ignore decorations, they are pressuring us all to eliminate all decorations from our towns and avoid acquiring new ones, including diamond decorations and specials (the mobilith, nutcrackers, that hot-dog thing when FoE won a prize, etc etc)? Is that really what they want? If so, can they explain why?

DeletedUser

I doubt that a few decos will make such a big difference. Actually your city will be more often polivated as before bec now it's less time consuming and people will give that 5 minutes to polivate the guild, friends and whoever. So you gain some and loose some but unless you have dozens of decos there shouldn't be dramatic changes in my opinion.

DeletedUser5902

Ahh, yours is the FIRST reasoned argument against this, the rest are just whinners... you're correct on the Easter Event + decos issue ;)

Here is another reasoned argument:
The Aid button has has replaced the visit button on Event History. So I no longer can go down my event history and visit those who M/Pd for me so I can choose what I'd like to click on. Now I can't choose the age of what I M/P when I reciprocate using my event history. This perpetuates mindless behavior. It makes it extremely difficult to reciprocate and hunt BPs. If this hits the regular servers I will quit playing this game.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Some simple personal facts. For the last 5 days my event list currently has 16 pages. Cut down 1 page due to non-M/P notifications, that makes 15 pages. Just from today, and today isn't over yet, I have 5 pages of events. Yep, this feature makes M/P so easy that today I've received 1/3rd of the M/P amount I've received in the previous 5 days!

Sure, quite a bit of my decorations are polished. I don't need those, but even if you take away those polishes (most folks using Aid wouldn't have visited your city anyway) that still leaves more useful actions in a single day as opposed to the other 4 days in my log. So please don't take this away. If further improvements can be made, that'd be great obviously. The better the functionality of the feature, the happier the customers would be. But it is good as it is --- some folks don't have the time, computer/device, or patience to survive a daily city visit of 70ish guildmates plus X number of friends. This will let those folks provide assistance on a daily basis regardless of how busy they are because it will only take 2 minutes.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The Aid button has has replaced the visit button on Event History. So I no longer can go down my event history and visit those who M/Pd for me so I can choose what I'd like to click on. Now I can't choose the age of what I M/P when I reciprocate using my event history. This perpetuates mindless behavior. It makes it extremely difficult to reciprocate and hunt BPs. If this hits the regular servers I will quit playing this game.

I agree that could be annoying indeed which should be fixed before going to the live servers. Beside the aid button there should be a visit button so one could choose whether to visit or just aid.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Oh my, I cannot believe this. I can no longer battle anyone in my hood for PvP points. The attack button has been replaced by the Idiot-Aid button. PvP is dead??? Is this some kind of sick joke?

See the changelog announcement, it explains all: http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4161-Changelog-1-40
YHPANaS.png

DeletedUser5902

"It is still possible to visit a player and choose which action to do and which building to polish/motivate. Which way will you choose? This is entirely up to you!"
Not from the Event History. This function which I use on a daily basis is lost. Now you have to write down the name of the friend, guildie, or neighbor and either scroll through your lists (in my case over 200 players) to find who you are looking for. Or alternatively go to the add friend and search for them if you want to visit them and reciprocate This wastes so much time the only reasonable way to reciprocate is to use the Idiot-Aid button and risk polishing a tree. Yes I was wrong in my earlier post. The Idiot-Aid button just ran out of other decos to polish and just auto-polished a tree leaving 17 present era coin and supply buildings unmotivated.

DeletedUser4446

Does the design/development team understand that by not setting the "aid" gizmo to ignore decorations, they are pressuring us all to eliminate all decorations from our towns and avoid acquiring new ones, including diamond decorations and specials (the mobilith, nutcrackers, that hot-dog thing when FoE won a prize, etc etc)? Is that really what they want? If so, can they explain why?

This.
It's a great feature, but it should REALLY ignore decorations. Nobody ever wants them polished.
Put them at the very bottom of the priority list, regardless of age, and we will be fine.
People with a bunch of residential buildings and kings from modern age will be very frustrated if they have a handful of post-modern decorations in their city.

DeletedUser5902

On the regular server, I keep decos of every age for friends, neighbors and guildies hunting earlier age BPs. But with the Idiot-Aid Button auto-polishing all decorations, they will no longer be available for my friends hunting BPs to polish.

It's LAZY! And it's completely mindless! Seriously, is this how you want to play this game???

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
This doesn't mean anything yet, unfortunately, because everybody is just testing the new feature now.

Yet this is also the beta forum where half the players on my social bar are either inactive or login just to get info. On the main servers where folks are more active it would be even prominent because you don't have folks testing things there, it will be part of their daily game routine (since it's quick, easy, yet you also help others and thus others will help you as well, plus you can still get blue prints).

DeletedUser

On the regular server, I keep decos of every age for friends, neighbors and guildies hunting earlier age BPs. But with the Idiot-Aid Button auto-polishing all decorations, they will no longer be available for my friends hunting BPs to polish.

It's LAZY! And it's completely mindless! Seriously, is this how you want to play this game???
they will be still there

because it is not auto-polish deco first: current age buildings are done first
so old deco will only be polished when all current things are motivated

DeletedUser5902

they will be still there

because it is not auto-polish deco first: current age buildings are done first
so old deco will only be polished when all current things are motivated

NO they won't! The Aid button auto-polished every decoration on my site including a tree leaving 17 current era coin and supply buildings unmotivated. The Aid button is little more than an auto-polisher for decos. Can't wait until all the high level "Please No Polish" players start getting ALL of their decos polished. It's gonna hit the fan!