• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Feedback Update 1.40

DeletedUser5132

I don't see how it is prioritized at all ... I received 6 polishings on 6 1x1 decorations ... I doubt those were on purpose by visiting people.
There should be a wish list or remove the AID option , I have permanent 120% and I don't wanna see any Polishing , yet that is the only thing I seem to get.
This feature will cause a lot of drama in the guilds ... thumbs down

DeletedUser4328

I would like the following questions answered before I decide if it is a good feature or not.

1. Is it totally random or is there any priority? What about decos.? How often will they get selected. I don't think it is right that decos are required in quests and then AIDs use them in PMing.
2. Will it motivate special buildings such as Hall of Fame and Shrine of Knowledge? This would be a deal breaker if it does not.
3. Do we still get random Blue prints? If we dont get them, that would be a big problem.

If there are positive answers to the above questions, I think the PMing issues with motivating and polishing will be slowly resolved with AIDs causing increased PMing.

DeletedUser

haters gonna hate....
HOWEVER, if you think this through you'll realize this actually solves the big issue of people not bothering at all with polivation cause their computers just couldn't handle the load.

It's an improvement.
If your city gets a polish, it's still aid. regardless whether or not you need more happiness.
There might be some whining about this for players who fill their cities with the small cultural buildings (Cartographer comes to mind) and numerous decos, Feel free to tell me if you disagree, but those cities are as a rule of thumb neglected; as in: not the player's "main" city... So, it won't be a problem...
I wouldn't spend space for Cartographers/Coifeurs/gallows/etc on my main city simply because there are better options to use.

Anjywho, it is a good improvements imho, but some people will keep whinning until you relent and give us a small bit of customiation in the order of the auto-mot/pol ;)

DeletedUser

some people will have very much from it :p

getting 10 unneeded polish and losing one motivation (a guy who switch from normal motivation to the aid button) could be a loss not a gain for many :eek:

lucky me:
in my main city I only have 2 old cultural building (scarecrow and a Zeppelin won in an event)
the rest of the needed happiness I get from roads and great buildings

so be smart guys:
only build cultural buildings and deco from your current age if you want it to be polished ;)
and you will be a winner with this feature

too bad that many of the people I will help with that button won't happy with a polish :rolleyes:

@bodette
your question 1 and 2 is already answered in page 2 :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5769

even though 90% of my decos are now polished i still like the new aid button :D
ofc there were some motivated buildings too, but only 2 culturals
i've been visited more time today in last few hrs, then in daily average ever since i started here on beta
so maybe my view that any help is better then none and the fact that i did the whole hood in matter on minutes (instead of fighting :p), make this improvement a good one imo (and also got a BP)
i will still be doing my guild and friends by their requests, but it is really helpful for not having to wait to load a city - i confess; i sometimes do the first thing that pops in the view, and last few days not even that, but some random star i find the closest to my cursor.....
for me with only 3 worlds this would be a great thing, i can only imagine for those that play 8 worlds or more....
and as for this treasure hunt, i just found out that first 2 have 1 hr waiting period for collecting, 4 hrs one has 4, so i guess 8 hrs will have 8, so liking that too for now...
and i hope idle icon will be shown for my goods buildings too (as promissed) - not ready to collect yet
;)

DeletedUser2752

I would like the following questions answered before I decide if it is a good feature or not.

1. Is it totally random or is there any priority? What about decos.? How often will they get selected. I don't think it is right that decos are required in quests and then AIDs use them in PMing.
2. Will it motivate special buildings such as Hall of Fame and Shrine of Knowledge? This would be a deal breaker if it does not.
3. Do we still get random Blue prints? If we dont get them, that would be a big problem.

If there are positive answers to the above questions, I think the PMing issues with motivating and polishing will be slowly resolved with AIDs causing increased PMing.
1) I believe it is totally random (even decos)
2) It is already mentioned that buildings that trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized. I believe (I am NOT entirely sure either) this only includes the Shrine of Knowledge, Tigers' den (though it lost its additional feature quite a few updates ago), Witch Doctor, and Oasis
3) Yes (as mentioned above)

DeletedUser5021

QUESTION---has anyone gotten a BP while using the aid button? Are the prints as random and as available compared to the regular MP routine??

DeletedUser1264

If your city gets a polish, it's still aid. regardless whether or not you need more happiness.

... In what way is it aid to polish anything in a city that's already at 120%? More like a waste of time, energy and pixels!

There might be some whining about this for players who fill their cities with the small cultural buildings (Cartographer comes to mind) and numerous decos, Feel free to tell me if you disagree, but those cities are as a rule of thumb neglected; as in: not the player's "main" city...

Not the case at all, in my experience. People have all kinds of reasons for having decorations; hiding hideous-looking structures behind urban trees is one popular use; the fact that some (like the playground) provide significant chunks of our 120% enthusiasm is another reason; and simply liking the look of them is another. None of those mean a city is in any way neglected or secondary - nor do they mean we need or want those decorations to be polished.

If they're not going to add a "wish list" option, they should make polishing decorations the absolute *lowest* priority.

Last edited by a moderator:

vakini

Squire
If the city already is at 120% happines, why doesnt aid just jump to motivation?
-
and when aid is motivating, what comes first, coins or supplies?

DeletedUser5769

i just visited my guildies the old fashion way, and at 2 of them there was nothing to be done
yet aid button was visible and by clicking on it i got 20 coins for each and timer was set
how is that possible? :confused:

vesgouo

Baronet
As already stated, there are other reasons why players visit the cities, but is unnecessary to visit the towns of ALL, every day. In this point, the button is extremely useful.
But it would be vastly better if there could be a list of priorities defined by the player.
No one else will visit the city to motivate. Only in specific cases, or special requests.
Who'll enter a city to polishing or motivate when you can click a button and make the action in 1/10 of the time, and there are more than 200 people to visit?

I play in the 9 worlds in the Brazilian server, and yet not like the implementation of the button as it was presented.
I (like many others) like to let the happiness always full, without the need for polishing.
I not wish to receive polish.
Polish is not a aid to me..... its only a missed opportunity of a motivation.
If there could be a list to set priority in motivation or at least an option to block polish, my opinion would be different.

Take this opportunity to let my support for the ideas of these players:
:D falcon93: http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.co...back-Update-1-40&p=19789&viewfull=1#post19789
:D byeordie: http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.co...back-Update-1-40&p=19813&viewfull=1#post19813

DeletedUser5930

About aiding, it would be better if there would be options on town hall, so that peaplse can choose, what they want polished or motivated, for example, options would be coins, supplies, cultural buildings and you could choose 1 or all or nothing and if you choose nothing (would be default) then aid is for all

DeletedUser5902

HUGE thumbs down to the aid button. Absolutely terrible as it stands today and I'm not hopeful any changes will be made to fix it. It should never be introduced to the non-beta world and should be dropped from beta immediately. Thanks to this wonderful feature all 9 of my non-tree or non-oblisk decos were polished today leaving my big supply and coin buildings unmotivated. My City name is MOTIVATE S/C. My profile status states: "Motivate Supply then coin. No polish needed. My people are always enthusiastic." Those who use this Aid button without it being fixed to allow prioritization and polish blocking either are unaware that they are being incredibly selfish or do not care. So much for helping others by M/Ping.
And regarding how it is supposed to work:
"If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age."
NO it does NOT. It would seem age has little to do with the Aid Button. It polished my prior age decos, some of them completely hidden from view, leaving over a dozen present age supply and coin buildings unmotivated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5936

People, people... you are not using your imagination. Sure the aid prioritization sucks, but none of you realize yet how bad.

Imagine what Easter event would be like with this function? Imagine how it would feel opening the game and finding all your decorations polished by helpful aiders, preventing anyone from hiding an easter egg?

In its present form this function is worse than not having it at all. At the very least decorations have to be made priority zero - only if there is absolutely nothing else to do. But really, unless players can choose their own priority settings, I would prefer not to have this function at all.

DeletedUser

People, people... you are not using your imagination. Sure the aid prioritization sucks, but none of you realize yet how bad.

Imagine what Easter event would be like with this function? Imagine how it would feel opening the game and finding all your decorations polished by helpful aiders, preventing anyone from hiding an easter egg?

In its present form this function is worse than not having it at all. At the very least decorations have to be made priority zero - only if there is absolutely nothing else to do. But really, unless players can choose their own priority settings, I would prefer not to have this function at all.

Ahh, yours is the FIRST reasoned argument against this, the rest are just whinners... you're correct on the Easter Event + decos issue ;)

DeletedUser

I don't understand why so many don't like the aid button. Who doesn't like it simply ignore it and visit the city as you did before. And as a receiver accomodate, delete some of your decos build more efficient cultural buildings change the production time, etc. I think with this modification people who have slow connection or lacking time will be able to polivate more often.