• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: QI "too many citizens in employment" bug

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
Troubleshooting
Yes
I can't sell anything, not even a road, apparently because I have too many citizens in employment.

Here is my current city layout, 2 Villas, 3 Roof Tile Houses, 3 Butchers, 5 Tailors, 2 Triumphal Arcs and 1 Limestone Mason.
I have no idea what triggered this bug...

FireShot Capture 011 - Forge of Empires - zz1.forgeofempires.com.jpg

Browser or App version and version number
Version 121.0.6167.161 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Recreation steps
Vuilded a Villa, couldn't delete anything anymore afterthat...
Actual Behavior
Expected Behavior
Frequency
Urgency
Of course
Can this be reproduced?
Yes

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
It is not really a duplicate, as I don't have more population than I should have, like MooingCat, I am just unable to sell any buildings in the city, roads included, because of this "too many citizens in employment" error.

Norde

Merchant
2 Villas + 3 Roof Tile Houses = 2*200 + 3*50 = 550 population
3 Butchers (3*25=75) + 6 Tailors (6*50=300) + 1 Limestron Mason (1*100=100) + 1 Archery Range (1*100=100) > 75+300+100+100 = 575 population cost

In fact, more residents are employed than you have. 550-575= -25
so it counted one Villa twice, -> 550+200=750 population -> 750(bug) - 575 (actual cost) = 175 (what's written on top left corner)

logen

Farmer
Here another variant:
1 cottage + 3 RTH => 250 population provided
2 butchers + 3 tailors => 200 population needed

The Euphoria widget says demand is 350, so it must have counted twice the cottage.

So, why would it not allow me to remove a supplies building (a butcher), since it just consumes population, and it would free 25 population?
It is a total non sense.

QI-Bug.JPG

Last edited:
Same problem when I try to sell an Amphitheater :
- euphoria 750/450 (productivity 120%, required for next level 150)
- Quantum Resident : 125

GateKeeper

Baronet
Same issue today, cant sell any buildings with 175 people available, so added a house fo r50 more people, can still cant delete, can't even delete the house I just planted

Caprea

Merchant
I had some ghost working in my settlement. But now the production of butcher an so only shows NaN where the amount should be.
I am going to try to remedy this by building a new house, problem is, I am not quite sure, how many I need

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
It is still bugged, I cant even sell a road.
Then you don't have enough population. Please place a residential building, once your population is 0 or above (it can only display positive numbers, so it might already display 0, even if you have less than that), you will be able to sell buildings again.

Nancy

Farmer
Then you don't have enough population. Please place a residential building, once your population is 0 or above (it can only display positive numbers, so it might already display 0, even if you have less than that), you will be able to sell buildings again.
That is not possible since I cant remove anything Juber. I cant even remove a road so it is not possible to place a residential building. And not enough shards to buy another exp.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
In this case you have to either buy an expansion, move your buildings around, so you have space for a residential building (I had a look at your city and this is certainly possible :) ) or wait until the next Incursion. There is nothing else we can do in this case.

Nancy

Farmer
In this case you have to either buy an expansion, move your buildings around, so you have space for a residential building (I had a look at your city and this is certainly possible :) ) or wait until the next Incursion. There is nothing else we can do in this case.
Yes you were right, swapped few roads and the archery and was able to place a house, ty Juber!

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Still doesnt work
Could you please clarify what's not working and if you have tried this already:

Bigbartxc90

Farmer
yeah, did work.
i had to buy an extension for 100 shredds, build an rooftilehouse - and now i was able to sell an amphitheatre^^