• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Boo...

Baronet
half an hour ago I wanted to play how I wanted (in my live world)
a few fights in GBG
You need to change your guild to a more active one. GBG is a team game. Look for a strong team.
Ah, it takes some effort...
That's what you wrote to us above.

CrashBoom

Legend
You need to change your guild to a more active one. GBG is a team game. Look for a strong team.
Ah, it takes some effort...
That's what you wrote to us above.
or even better
go to a weaker and less active guild

which doesn't have 1000 LP

and for that reason isn't bullied by the top guilds

guilds in gold league or lower never get trapped in their HQ

:rolleyes:

Boo...

Baronet
or even better
go to a weaker and less active guild

which doesn't have 1000 LP

and for that reason isn't bullied by the top guilds

guilds in gold league or lower never get trapped in their HQ

:rolleyes:
Is this Agent 007 telling me?
I am disappointed.

Mysty 5

Farmer
As was pointed out in this thread a couple of times, one of the dumbest things in GbG is popping from Platinum to 1000LP Diamond after one season. It has never made sense and is so simple to fix. I've already stated how more than once and everyone just ignores it and moves on. Ah, well.

I've already witnessed one guild dissolve after this last season on live over the forthcoming changes. They used to be one of the most competitive GbG guilds on our server and have hit a spell of not being able to back-fill GBG leads and fighters. So they evaluated they have no chance as a high-medium guild and the leaders decided to either move to other guilds who are top tier or just quit the game....and we don't even know when this lackluster "fix" is going to live. Just can't wait to watch all the mid-level guilds either combine or dissolve once the "updates" hit.
for me this is the biggest issue, Guilds move up to the diamond league and are not able to compete and then spend the next round trying to drop back down to platinum by not fighting. If you end up with 5 of them on the map then 1 of them ends up staying in 1000lp group with min number of fights, not because there aren't fights but because they don't want them. Maybe number of fights need to be taken into consideration to stay in 1000 lp rather than just finishing 4th.

Kono

Merchant
Is it just my wrong impression or majority of people commenting here don't even have an account on Beta? I thought the point of this thread is to provide feedback on a change AFTER one has tested it...

RonTeddy

Merchant
Quite,

Farming is fine for those who think that is what the game is about but it’s pretty obvious from the comments that those players seem to find no other interest in it. There are better fp streams to be gained from other things, and it’s actually nice to have a team that can compete and enjoy the teamwork that requires. Both to build the treasury in the first place, and their own individual strength to do so. This is a fighting game after all.
When I started this game I built straw huts and army buildings, fought manually. My city was created from the profit of the fighting. Nowhere in the game are there more rewards than in GBG. And of course you want to play GBG in a top 10 guild, that's what I do. Now you come and try to sell me a new religion - you won't succeed.

When I started this game I built straw huts and army buildings, fought manually. My city was created from the profit of the fighting. Nowhere in the game are there more rewards than in GBG. And of course you want to play GBG in a top 10 guild, that's what I do. Now you come and try to sell me a new religion - you won't succeed.
Nobody is selling anything. These changes are coming whether you like it or not.

Arch1e

Marquis
Rubbish. Just telling you that what you think will happen, i.e. that a majority of players will walk away because they can’t keep doing what you have been doing, is most likely wrong. Since there is likely a much bigger player base that has been waiting for exactly this, to actually use the cities they created out of scratch, with much more effort than you have put into yours, on an even playing field. I’m not trying to convince you to do anything differently, just calling you on the statements you make about how people will quit or majority don’t like these changes.

RonTeddy

Merchant
Rubbish. Just telling you that what you think will happen, i.e. that a majority of players will walk away because they can’t keep doing what you have been doing, is most likely wrong. Since there is likely a much bigger player base that has been waiting for exactly this, to actually use the cities they created out of scratch, with much more effort than you have put into yours, on an even playing field. I’m not trying to convince you to do anything differently, just calling you on the statements you make about how people will quit or majority don’t like these changes.
Rubbish

LiMuBi

Farmer
Would you mind to explain what do you mean by even playing fields?
GbG is available to everyone, so everyone has a chance to do tons of fights. If you are in a semi-inactive build where members spend more time trying to snipe someone GB than on the GbG battlefield you can't blame other guilds because yours can't get out of your base. Those guilds are active and work hard toward building an active player base and towards a sustainable guild treasury. Those who you call "farmers" put significant effort into the game farm more than any FP swapper, snipper or trader ever did. To build up all guild treasury GBs, attack, and defense buildings takes dedication, a lot of it.
I don´t mind most of the changes, a championship is a good goal for competitive guilds with relly nice rewards, and extra attack and defence bonuses hell yea! But increased costs of support structures i am not a fan of and definitely not supporting the idea of 80% maximum attrition reduction.

Arch1e

Marquis
Would you mind to explain what do you mean by even playing fields?
GbG is available to everyone, so everyone has a chance to do tons of fights. If you are in a semi-inactive build where members spend more time trying to snipe someone GB than on the GbG battlefield you can't blame other guilds because yours can't get out of your base. Those guilds are active and work hard toward building an active player base and towards a sustainable guild treasury. Those who you call "farmers" put significant effort into the game farm more than any FP swapper, snipper or trader ever did. To build up all guild treasury GBs, attack, and defense buildings takes dedication, a lot of it.
I don´t mind most of the changes, a championship is a good goal for competitive guilds with relly nice rewards, and extra attack and defence bonuses hell yea! But increased costs of support structures i am not a fan of and definitely not supporting the idea of 80% maximum attrition reduction.

Very happy to. There are players who have been playing the game for years before, it seems, players like RonTeddy even started. They happily played the game as it was, raised their stats and developed their cities to cope with what changes there were. When Gbg was started as a feature, they went for it as the replacement for Gvg it was marketed as. What happened instead was that it became a forge point and diamond mine, often for players who joined strong guilds with strong treasuries and raised their cities in turn off the backs of said older players. That would all be fine, but we all know what 0% attrition gain does, and everyone has by now heard of the high age unit loophole as well. So, the first issue is that being able to farm indefinitely off low attrition is simply skewing the competition (‘even playing field’) and the second is new players, some with higher era units, fighting further and longer than players with better stats and more developed cities. I don’t doubt that everything has its place if managed correctly, but the way Gbg has developed and is being used needs an overhaul, which is what the feature now being tested out, and hopefully will come live as soon as possible, is striving to do.
As for semi-active snipers - sorry. You have no idea what amount of time that can take, but also what you can gain from doing it. I’m also well aware of what it takes to build up both a guild and its treasury, I am not coming at this from the point of view of a small inactive guild at all.