• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

plotus

Farmer
The announcement sneaks this in at the end: "We've given the Conquest Rewards a makeover". Did someone say nerf?! Who thinks this means we can win more diamonds?

AllamHRK

Baronet
It is inherently harder to manage an active large guild - personalities, egos, making sure everyone contributes. The benefit to that is you have more people to help.

If the small guild wants to have the advantages of the large active guild, they have to grow - and that's fine.

But many large guilds aren't very active or strong, and are in fact quite beatable for a small guild. Size offers potential for more strength but doesn't guarantee that potential is realized.

If the rating system worked well (it doesn't as is - but we'll see if they made any improvements over the coming weeks), guilds big or small would rise to the approximate level that's fair to what they are - whether they're held back by lack of treasury, lack of members, or lack of activity they'd run into guilds that may have different weaknesses but approximately the same overall strength.

It doesn't make sense to have a "best < 5-man guild" category with the same rewards as the "best overall guild", because best overall is *way* more work in general. Also the overall pool already suffers from a lack of guilds to do good matchmaking - splitting the existing guild pool into smaller subpools would make the existing situation worse.

If your 5-man guild somehow can be among the best overall though, that's great for you! And you shouldn't be told you're not allowed to compete for it because your member count doesn't meet an arbitrary cutoff.

So matching based on guild size is not something that seems like a good idea to me.
Again you only look at one side of the story, the side of large guilds. It is logical that there is no problem for big guilds with this matchmaking, while smaller guilds serve as NPCs for bigger guilds, there is no problem for them, very convenient, isn't it?

But ok... following this logic of "the number of members does not influence the performance of the guild, what matters is being a guild with active players, no matter the number..."

How about... Inno puts 80-member guilds together with 3-member guilds to fight for the championship in guild expedition?

AND MORE!!... How about if they put a new op building giving 200% attack and defense on offense + 200% attack and defense on defense + 100 FPs per day.... only for guilds that do 166 % on EG?

It would be great, right... and it would certainly be fair for everyone, both for small guilds and for large guilds... the number of members would not be a problem in this case, after all, an active guild of 80 members can easily battle against another of 3 members in the expedition championship, and in the end everyone doing the 80 duels reach 166% without problems, just like a small guild, right?

They should just get rid of silver/gold (??) leauges. Just have a bronze, platinum and diamond. Bronze for guilds who want to try. Platinum for guilds who will get a sector or two or just want to chill out. Diamond for guilds who are at the top of the top and will eat each other to get those fights.

You can't get into diamond if your guild can't get to 100% GEX !

Just putting a limit on daily fights, ehh I don't know about that. If it got rid of all attrition, the top players regularly get 10k fights per season so 1k fights per day really isn't going to limit the farming but the reason people get the attack % buildings is to farm gbg and be able to do that higher attrition.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Again you only look at one side of the story, the side of large guilds. It is logical that there is no problem for big guilds with this matchmaking, while smaller guilds serve as NPCs for bigger guilds, there is no problem for them, very convenient, isn't it?

But ok... following this logic of "the number of members does not influence the performance of the guild, what matters is being a guild with active players, no matter the number..."

How about... Inno puts 80-member guilds together with 3-member guilds to fight for the championship in guild expedition?

AND MORE!!... How about if they put a new op building giving 200% attack and defense on offense + 200% attack and defense on defense + 100 FPs per day.... only for guilds that do 166 % on EG?

It would be great, right... and it would certainly be fair for everyone, both for small guilds and for large guilds... the number of members would not be a problem in this case, after all, an active guild of 80 members can easily battle against another of 3 members in the expedition championship, and in the end everyone doing the 80 duels reach 166% without problems, just like a small guild, right?
You do realize I play exclusively in small guilds atm? That it would be more accurate to say I don't see the large guild perspective with perfect clarity?

I just don't expect that I *should* beat the most active large guilds. But I'd like the opportunity to try if I do find myself in a situation where I think it possible somehow.

And have stated that the current matching has issues? I just don't think size matching is the solution to that. The core issue is that you can go from winning platinum (where any guild from a 1-man army to a diamond-regular that just got booted out of diamond because of a packed round could conceivably be the winner) to facing the best guild on the server the very next season - the gulf between platinum and diamond in activity is absolutely massive.

Upward movement should be slower near the top to reflect that the #1 guild and a guild that was #100 just last week *never* belong together - regardless of size.

But I think it's plausible that whatever they're doing for the championship setup might impact the matchmaking in some way, so perhaps it is addressed to some extent.

CDmark

Baronet
It's quite possible, right... 75K of goods, and a player with a level 180 bow produces about 20K of goods during a CB... you'd have to add atomium, observatory and hydra at very high levels + some other buildings to have a possibility of getting close to those 75K of goods... not counting the EG...

But here comes inno's checkmate through this stupid goods balancing system, in which it is very likely that those 75K of goods are distributed like this...

10 goods 1
10 goods 2
10 goods 3
10 goods 4
74,960 goods 5

So you'll have to break the inventory on the first building you do... good luck!
Well maybe the HQ building can be an equal draw, possible upgrade. Maybe it already is (doubt it) and the others are random.

CDmark

Baronet
If 75000 K goods equals 80% off, waterfall map you get 4 provinces to hit all season. 25 siege camps now cost 75K and they are gone in 4-8 hours. So, currently, you can go after 8 provinces with 3 SC (3K short on goods). the new way, 4 provinces the whole season @ 80% off. work a deal with bigger guilds, 2 flips a day, 8 provinces per day. Say it is 24 hours build time, that is 80 provinces @ 80% off. So smaller guilds may have some advantages with that cost. Not 3 player guilds but those with 20+ and some Arcs, think it isn't a bad deal. Just looked at map, the north and south HQs only get 3 provinces on my current map. So 60 provinces, worst case

If 75000 K goods equals 80% off, waterfall map you get 4 provinces to hit all season. 25 siege camps now cost 75K and they are gone in 4-8 hours. So, currently, you can go after 8 provinces with 3 SC (3K short on goods). the new way, 4 provinces the whole season @ 80% off. work a deal with bigger guilds, 2 flips a day, 8 provinces per day. Say it is 24 hours build time, that is 80 provinces @ 80% off. So smaller guilds may have some advantages with that cost. Not 3 player guilds but those with 20+ and some Arcs, think it isn't a bad deal. Just looked at map, the north and south HQs only get 3 provinces on my current map. So 60 provinces, worst case
Thats assuming they build sc, field camps may be the way to go to reduce the amount of fights necessary. The other set ain't too bad either gives basically the same as sc.

Inno, this is great. Some of the best players in Arvahall are optimistic this will spice up the game and make more sense of the effort put into GbG relative to the other aspects of the game. Fixing the ranking is something lots of us have been harping on, so way to go. Get the bugs out and roll this out to the live servers, let's get it on.

Those of you who knock Inno for small guilds not being able to "make it"...this has been the case in the game forever. GvG and especially Battlegrounds lends itself to larger guilds. Like my father told me a long time ago, if you want to be dumb you better be tough. That's how I think about the players scattered in all of these smaller guilds. The game is great for making friendships and bonds...and I think the developers want that, so good for them for setting up a system to align everyone's interest for that outcome. It's not their fault people don't get it.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Also the overall pool already suffers from a lack of guilds to do good matchmaking
I think this is one of the core problems of GBG. There just aren't enough active, diamond guilds on every world to have healthy matchmaking. You get thrown in with the same guilds again and again.

Boo...

Baronet
I like the idea of splitting the ratings. We need to see how it is implemented.

Stop comparing the battle championship with the football championship! We have a different algorithm for choosing opponents.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
funny guild ranking
on top places: new guilds which are getting +50% in their league result o_O
and guilds in battlegrounds with only 7 guilds are at the end because there the winner gets only 150 and not 175

CrashBoom

Legend
It's quite possible, right... 75K of goods, and a player with a level 180 bow produces about 20K of goods during a CB... you'd have to add atomium, observatory and hydra at very high levels + some other buildings to have a possibility of getting close to those 75K of goods... not counting the EG...

But here comes inno's checkmate through this stupid goods balancing system, in which it is very likely that those 75K of goods are distributed like this...

10 goods 1
10 goods 2
10 goods 3
10 goods 4
74,960 goods 5

So you'll have to break the inventory on the first building you do... good luck!
like this :rolleyes:

pic.jpg

What is needed is the ability for mid lvl guilds to fight the top 3 guilds. Maybe something like...
XDDDDDDD

no, this mid guild should evolve.

how you can even write sth like this. So in sport, when jamaican are the fastest in the world, they should start not for 100m, but for 120m? cuz they are too strong? xD

CrashBoom

Legend
What is needed is the ability for mid lvl guilds to fight the top 3 guilds.
top 3 guilds shouldn't be hard to fight against :D

pic2.jpg

The old ranking hasn’t been fair for years so this is much preferable, they just need to clarify and we need to see how it works.
this new ranking looks much better :rolleyes:

for the current season (2 weeks) new guilds on place 1 in their league will be top (because they get +50% on their result)

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
1692862846038.png
1692862855299.png
Fortified Command Post and Fortified Barracks cost the same amount of goods and take the same time to build, but the Command Post also gives +100% Victory Points, so why should one choose the Barracks?
Is there something that I'm missing?

Boo...

Baronet
Buildings in the headquarters of the three types of goods? Why so many products from only three eras? Will these be random eras? If the guild has players from all eras, why are only three spent?