• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

jovada

Regent
Well there is pro and contra, we will see how things evolve on thursday and like Juber said based on feedback they still can make adjustments before it goes live.

Boo...

Baronet
the funny thing about the new ranking
it is only for a period of 16 weeks and then probably reset :D

during current championship
and a championship is a period of 8 seasons
if there is a "championship" period, then each season should be clearly marked - 1 out of 8, 2 out of 8, 3 out of 8...

Kommodor

Merchant
I think only real champions should get the champions tower, not just all members of the winner's guild. There must be a barrier of 750-2000 battlegrounds points per season for a guild member to receive bonus building fragments.

CrashBoom

Legend
I think only real champions should get the champions tower, not just all members of the winner's guild. There must be a barrier of 750-2000 battlegrounds points per season for a guild member to receive bonus building fragments.
how about fragments depending on the players place in advance ranking of the season
1st ranked player: 200% (=one full level 2 tower)
2nd; 150%
3rd: 100%
4-10th: 80%
11-20: 60%
21-30: 40%
31-40: 20%
41-80: 10%

and then we see who is the real CHAMPION player

but how to include other factors?
GBG is not just fighting (or negotiating)
a player who donates 5k goods per day is more useful than someone only giving 500 goods
and someone finishing a building with diamonds also helps the guild with that.

so let's take 2 player:
a) first making 10k fights, only Arc (for his advantage not for the guild goods) and no other guild goods giving building. never speeds building with diamonds
b) second: made only 8k fights. all guild goods GB and other buildings which gives 5k+ goods per day. spends every day 500 diamonds to speed up

then b) is the real champion and a) only a parasite :rolleyes:

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Attack/defending stats for GbG only.
Attack/defending stats for GE only.

Coming next:
Attack/defending for hood only.
Attack/defending for PvP arena only.
Attack/defending for Continent Map only.

Attack/defending only for ranged units, only for heavy units, only for artilerry units, etc.
Whats next?

Fragments of fragments of these boosts?

CrashBoom

Legend
addition to the announcement (made 34 minutes ago)
The new buildings are: Guild Fieldcamps, Barracks, and Guild Command Posts. Guild Fieldcamps are available to you right away, in the starting Province! You can only build one building there. Each building also has 3 tiers that give higher chances and boosts depending on the tier, as well as cost more resources and take longer to build. These buildings will replace most the old ones, with only Decoys, Traps and the Watchtower remaining.

so the old Siege Camps are gone
and fighting with less attrition automatically means: more advances needed to get sector where the new buildings are

AllamHRK

Baronet
Exclusive building for the guild that wins the diamond CB... even higher goods costs...

Now more than ever CBG becomes an exclusive resource for large guilds... small guilds or solo players are simply ignored.

Suggestion.... soon make new exclusive resources for a certain religion and exclude others, or an exclusive resource for white people and exclude blacks and other ethnic groups... it would be good, right?

Do you want to play Forge of Empires? Be aware that you will be required to play in one of the 2 biggest guilds on the server to have access to all game features... otherwise you will be an outcast!

Ah... be aware that you will also need to have several fake accounts and buy a good bot/script to battle against the other guilds that also use bot/script and several fake accounts.... that's the reality of the game.

Is it CRAZY to ask for a fair balance??? In a resource where what determines who wins is solely the amount of people in the guild... why can't small guilds compete against other small guilds... and large guilds compete against other large guilds??? The same way it is in the expedition??

It's very logical and fair for a guild with 80 members fighting in CB against another guild that has 10.... very right, right!! Likewise the costs of buildings are the same for a guild of 80 members compared to a guild of 10 people...

It's all wrong with this ****.

It's hopeless, it's going to get worse in every sense, this game is over, everything changes only for the worse...

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
addition to the announcement (made 34 minutes ago)

so the old Siege Camps are gone
and fighting with less attrition automatically means: more advances needed to get sector where the new buildings are
Actually, before the announcement said, that it replaces all buildings, which was not correct. The mentioned ones remain.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Exclusive building for the guild that wins the diamond CB... even higher goods costs...

Now more than ever CBG becomes an exclusive resource for large guilds... small guilds or solo players are simply ignored.

Suggestion.... soon make new exclusive resources for a certain religion and exclude others, or an exclusive resource for white people and exclude blacks and other ethnic groups... it would be good, right?

Do you want to play Forge of Empires? Be aware that you will be required to play in one of the 2 biggest guilds on the server to have access to all game features... otherwise you will be an outcast!

Ah... be aware that you will also need to have several fake accounts and buy a good bot/script to battle against the other guilds that also use bot/script and several fake accounts.... that's the reality of the game.

Is it CRAZY to ask for a fair balance??? In a resource where what determines who wins is solely the amount of people in the guild... why can't small guilds compete against other small guilds... and large guilds compete against other large guilds??? The same way it is in the expedition??

It's very logical and fair for a guild with 80 members fighting in CB against another guild that has 10.... very right, right!! Likewise the costs of buildings are the same for a guild of 80 members compared to a guild of 10 people...

It's all wrong with this ****.

It's hopeless, it's going to get worse in every sense, this game is over, everything changes only for the worse...
As someone will probably never win that exclusive building because I prefer smaller guilds, I really don't mind it. If it gets diamond guilds to behave better (fight each other rather than coop), it could have trickle down effects to low-diamond, platinum, etc. And it's not like it's the only OP building in the game - it's not something you *need* but something to aspire to want - and to remove the cancer that is GBG coops, aspirational goals are important.

Lower leagues have the aspiration of moving up leagues to get more per encounter at least. But diamond didn't have one before - anywhere in the top 4 was the same result (and even 5th or 6th in 1000 still kept you in diamond). They didn't rule out adding additional incentives to lower leagues later - but diamond is where it's needed most.

The strong HQ building is a big development - 60% to 80% attrition reduction next to your HQ means you may not feel overly punished for being in an outmatched league. Either they let you out and you get to play or you fight at reduced attrition all season with a building you can't lose. The 80% one is indeed a bit pricy, but the 60% ones that don't fluff your victory points are no more expensive than affording a comparable amount of current siege camps. So there's no reason to avoid diamond. And if being beached is still a thing for you, 75000 goods for a season of 80% reduction is something you can work towards being reasonable, even as a small/solo guild.

In the most optimistic case, these championships include new matchmaking standards - if the matchmaking is sane (i.e. you don't leap from 100+ ranked guild in the server 1 season to fighting the number 1 guild the next season) and a small guild progresses to fight the big diamond guilds, their smallness shouldn't insulate them from tough matches (if it did, it'd also have to automatically disqualify them from some level of rewards - even if they can handle beating guilds 2, 3, 4 times their size - which is worse).

qaccy

Emperor
It's weird to me how similarly priced the Barracks and Command Post both are. I guess the Barracks offers a slight discount on goods in situations where your guild doesn't need the extra victory points? Seems almost inconsequential, though.

Glad to see Siege Camps going away, but Watchtowers remain. Should have done away with both IMO.

Hopefully these changes mean there're more opportunities to participate in the feature without needing to set an external alarm as a reminder to come back before all the farmers clean every free sector out immediately. Big fan of the attrition tracker too. Just wish it came sooner so I could see just how many players are only hitting free sectors and who actually pushes their attrition limit.

AllamHRK

Baronet
75000 goods for a season of 80% reduction is something you can work towards being reasonable,
It's quite possible, right... 75K of goods, and a player with a level 180 bow produces about 20K of goods during a CB... you'd have to add atomium, observatory and hydra at very high levels + some other buildings to have a possibility of getting close to those 75K of goods... not counting the EG...

But here comes inno's checkmate through this stupid goods balancing system, in which it is very likely that those 75K of goods are distributed like this...

10 goods 1
10 goods 2
10 goods 3
10 goods 4
74,960 goods 5

So you'll have to break the inventory on the first building you do... good luck!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's quite possible, right... 75K of goods, and a player with a level 180 bow produces about 20K of goods during a CB... you'd have to add atomium, observatory and hydra at very high levels + some other buildings to have a possibility of getting close to those 75K of goods... not counting the EG...

But here comes inno's checkmate through this stupid goods balancing system, in which it is very likely that those 75K of goods are distributed like this...

10 goods 1
10 goods 2
10 goods 3
10 goods 4
74,960 goods 5

So you'll have to break the inventory on the first building you do... good luck!
Noone said it'd be easy for a solo guild :p But it is possible - I was already considering options to make 10k *personal* goods a day in SAT cities. Such a city could, if I deemed it worthwhile, simply trade for and donate the goods short.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
I slaughter! Yet I would be humble enough to know and understand that it's a guild activity. If an NBA team wins a championship, they don't just give the best players the ring. The whole team gets the honor. Why would it be any different in this situation?

Kommodor

Merchant
I slaughter! Yet I would be humble enough to know and understand that it's a guild activity. If an NBA team wins a championship, they don't just give the best players the ring. The whole team gets the honor. Why would it be any different in this situation?
in football, the championship title is awarded to those players of the team who played a certain number of minutes on the field, otherwise you were just getting paid for sitting on the bench!

PackCat

Squire
It seems INNO keeps shooting itself in the foot. They think it will help the little guy. but if the bigger Guilds do not build camps, the smaller guilds who depend on the leftovers certainly will not either. Just look at real world reality over the last 3 years. Diversity and Equity have failed miserably.
You cannot help the little guy by restricting the bigger Guilds. WE all proved in the last failed test, that the non-aggressive Guilds do not magically get better, nor do they fight harder with INNO putting their thumb on the scales.

Let's face it, GBG is not for every Guild, and they should be compelled to sign-up or want to be a part of it, to be accepted. It is a waste of everyone's time to be matched with dud Guilds for an entire season. At the very least, make diamond or a crystal league competitive where ONLY the best Guilds compete and not have 2 active, and 6 inactive Guilds together in a season. You should get knocked into a lower league if you do not come in 3rd or 4th (each season). Only the top 20 Guilds in the rankings should be in the highest league. We are lucky to have 2 Guilds willing to compete, and since there are no other Guilds to compete, Farming is the fallback position to gain the most personal rewards. I would rather INNO do the same as the Quest rotation limit (2K) and put a hard cap on the number of battles a day, say 1K, instead of just FUBAR an entire segment of the game.

There has got to be a better way than just fighting with one hand tied behind your back.

PackCat

Squire
If there's an attrition cap, it doesn't matter how many building slots there are because the max you can build is up to 80%.

16 weeks is a very long time!!! o_O Please don't release this to live until at least one round of this happens.

I agree that higher good cost, longer build time, attrition cap with additional fights required is not exactly encouraging people to play. SAT players really got the worst of the worst deal, they can't fight quickly, they can't pay for anything.
I think INNO should release it to the live servers immediately... I want to watch the tsunami of player exodus from the game.
INNO like Disney+ and other failed entities, must show a positive user base. If it diminishes, the shareholders will not be happy.

Aerendil

Squire
Let us start with the most powerful addition – the Tower of Champions! This building is a Championship reward, specific to the Diamond Leagues. Not only that, the new Championship rewards have been designed with rotation in mind, so after every Championship you might see an updated reward and the chance to get the one you wanted might be gone!

The challenge to get the Tower of Champions is truly not easy. Win at least three Diamond League Battlegrounds in a Championship to get enough Fragments to unlock level one of the brand new Tower of Champions. Win SIX Battlegrounds in a Championship to unlock level 2!
Can we collect the victory fragments over different seasons and use them when the same tower comes again or are they deleted after every season?

Is there an update from lvl1 to lvl2 for 3 victories or do we have to invest 6 directly?

I would prefer keeping victory fragments for later use and a lvl1 kit for 3 and a lvl2 upgrade kit for another 3 victories

AllamHRK

Baronet
Noone said it'd be easy for a solo guild :p But it is possible - I was already considering options to make 10k *personal* goods a day in SAT cities. Such a city could, if I deemed it worthwhile, simply trade for and donate the goods short.
I'm not saying it should be easy or difficult... I'm saying it should be the same for everyone, in other words FAIR.

Ok, CBG is easy for big guilds and hard for small guilds or individual players, that's ok.... the question is... will we ever have the opposite??? Something that is easy for small or solo guilds and difficult and harmful for large guilds??? I do not think so....

Think about it, very simply... in CBG what determines which guild is stronger is the one that can beat more points of friction, which means that guilds with more players have the advantage compared to smaller guilds.

Now, how about if for example we win the EG championship and we put big guilds of 80 members against small guilds with 3 players, who do you think wins? Who would take advantage?? Would it be fair to the bigger guilds???

That's the point here... but anyway, justice in today's world is a mere illusion.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm not saying it should be easy or difficult... I'm saying it should be the same for everyone, in other words FAIR.

Ok, CBG is easy for big guilds and hard for small guilds or individual players, that's ok.... the question is... will we ever have the opposite??? Something that is easy for small or solo guilds and difficult and harmful for large guilds??? I do not think so....

Think about it, very simply... in CBG what determines which guild is stronger is the one that can beat more points of friction, which means that guilds with more players have the advantage compared to smaller guilds.

Now, how about if for example we win the EG championship and we put big guilds of 80 members against small guilds with 3 players, who do you think wins? Who would take advantage?? Would it be fair to the bigger guilds???

That's the point here... but anyway, justice in today's world is a mere illusion.
It is inherently harder to manage an active large guild - personalities, egos, making sure everyone contributes. The benefit to that is you have more people to help.

If the small guild wants to have the advantages of the large active guild, they have to grow - and that's fine.

But many large guilds aren't very active or strong, and are in fact quite beatable for a small guild. Size offers potential for more strength but doesn't guarantee that potential is realized.

If the rating system worked well (it doesn't as is - but we'll see if they made any improvements over the coming weeks), guilds big or small would rise to the approximate level that's fair to what they are - whether they're held back by lack of treasury, lack of members, or lack of activity they'd run into guilds that may have different weaknesses but approximately the same overall strength.

It doesn't make sense to have a "best < 5-man guild" category with the same rewards as the "best overall guild", because best overall is *way* more work in general. Also the overall pool already suffers from a lack of guilds to do good matchmaking - splitting the existing guild pool into smaller subpools would make the existing situation worse.

If your 5-man guild somehow can be among the best overall though, that's great for you! And you shouldn't be told you're not allowed to compete for it because your member count doesn't meet an arbitrary cutoff.

So matching based on guild size is not something that seems like a good idea to me.