• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I also feel the costs of the buildings to be quite on the high side - on the other side, not as many will be needed as before.

I like the general idea of the HQ building as it removes the "need" to leave the HQ door mat in the hands of the respective guild for fair play reasons.

The HQ building taking 75k good on the uther side feels like a rip off - especially for the weaker guilds that will need it the most, as they might now barely get out of their HQ.

One championship taking 8 seasons meaning:
- the league of the guilds will not change during that time?
- matchmaking will be random across all guilds of a league?
- LP are only allotted at the end of the championship before the next one?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
the league of the guilds will not change during that time?
The championship does not influence the leagues. The championship is basically a replacement for the current battlegrounds placement rewards. These rewards are no longer based on the map and will change every 8 battlegrounds.

matchmaking will be random across all guilds of a league?
No change there.

LP are only allotted at the end of the championship before the next one?
League Points are still granted after each season.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I'm not a fan of these changes, but not for the reasons that you might think.

Let's first look at the core problems with Guild Battlegrounds:
  1. Players can infinitely farm rewards like FP with low attrition fights.
  2. A small handful of guilds collaborate to dominate the map, leaving little room for other guilds to break in.
  3. Every league outside of diamond and the top of platinum is completely dead. You win if you take a single province.
  4. Farming low attrition fights limits the ability for weaker players in the same guild to get rewards, and discourages guild cooperation, but rather single players farming provinces.
  5. Attrition is capped at a set limit, and with ever increasing event building boosts, we are approaching that max limit.
  6. Fighting vastly outpaces negotiation.
Now let's look at whether these changes address those problems:
  1. Eh, maybe? You'll be able to fight 5x more than if you gained attrition at a rate of 1/battle. With the increased fights needed to take a province, you'd be at 40 or 44 attrition with 80% reduction. Depending on your boosts, that's still a sizeable amount of rewards per day. I want to stress though that I do think this is a good change overall anyways.
  2. Not at all. Not at all. I believe the Fieldcamps are supposed to address this, but they fail to do so adequately. Often times, the guilds locked into their starting province are there because they don't have enough fighters to compete with the speed at which bigger guilds can swap provinces. Those other guilds will still have low attrition gain and will still be able to lock out guilds. Additionally, it still doesn't address the problem of a few guilds being able to farm provinces. With a full guild of 80 members, who can each fight to, say, 40 attrition, that's 1 province per member daily, or guilds being able to lock 13 provinces every 4 hours, which is enough to significantly lock down the maps.
  3. This does nothing to help the problem of guild distribution and guilds' interest in GBG. When limiting GBG to one world, there just isn't much that can be done to boost smaller guilds' participation. Adding more rewards to the top changes nothing for the smaller guilds. In fact, it only hurts them by having higher costs on the province buildings to reduce attrition - building costs should scale by league?
  4. Weaker players are still ignored, in fact the change to a linear increase of attrition only hurts them further. It would make sense for it to be exponential for the first bit of attrition, say up to 20, where it can then switch to linear.
  5. No clue on how this is handled and whether it is capped or not. We shall see.
  6. Again, nothing to fix this. Unless attrition costs are vastly reduced with the balancing, I can't see myself needing to negotiate.
So, here are some of my proposed changes, with the rather large caveat that I haven't played this yet :):
  1. Change the fieldcamp to start at level 1 for every guild for free (and maybe remove the VP boost from it on this first level). That way, regardless of guild size or strength, you have lower attrition gain provinces next to your starting province.
  2. Instead of each building having three levels that you can immediately build, they should have to be built at level 1, then upgraded. Each upgrade would take time. That would make it more of a risk to build those buildings, but the reward of much reduced attrition would be worthwhile. But on that topic...
  3. If you're going to cap attrition reduction at 80%, don't have buildings that can provide 60% reduction. If you only need 2 building slots to provide the maximum attrition reduction, you could just hold one sector and still be able to do a lot of damage. I would say maybe 10, 20, and 30% for each level of building. That way you can still reach that 80%, but it's a lot harder.
  4. Bring negotiations back. This can be done a couple of different ways - maybe have separate fight/negotiation attrition counters. Maybe make attritions worth even more compared to fights, for example 3, 4, or even 5 advances. Make negotiations actually pay off somewhere here.
  5. To #4's point, give the buildings goods or something to help with negotiations. It's disappointing that they don't. Or maybe introduce a new consumable boost that can reduce goods costs or give you an extra turn in GBG negotiations, since the tavern boost isn't an option here.

Idk. Just some thoughts. We'll see what happens on Thursday when the season starts.

CrashBoom

Legend
The championship is basically a replacement for the current battlegrounds placement rewards. These rewards are no longer based on the map and will change every 8 battlegrounds.
so in 16 weeks there will be a new Championship winner building ?

Let's face reality - it's not possible for a small guild to set up camp at headquarters for 75,000 goods. A small guild does not collect so much in a year.
small guilds play are in lower leagues
where they never lose their 3 sectors next to the HQ
they don't really need those buildings :rolleyes:
because it takes 24 hours to build the one for 75k goods
so for small guilds who are taking those 3 sectors in that time it is useless.
and for the other which needs longer: those shouldn't buy it either

and if a small guild is in diamond league then it should be treated as top guild and not as small guild anymore

BUT:
top guilds in close championships MUST have it
not because of the lower attrition (after 24 hours where they already have those sectors) but because the highest version doubles victory points
and that is why high costs are great :D

A level 80 arc produces nearly 300k guild goods annually. Still though, it is quite steep and the building costs should really scale by league.
and I think that HQ building should only be available in diamond league
in lower leagues any amount of goods is just a waste of goods

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
and has someone realized:
in diamond league players can get twice the amount of fights o_O

200 or 220 advances instead of 160
and level 3 buildings: "This province requires 30% more advances to be conquered"
so assuming a guild would build 2 of those buildings = 60%

that makes approx 320 advances (real amount depends on 200 or 220 normal advances and if guilds really build 2 or if one is already enough)
compared to the old 160

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
in diamond league players can get twice the amount of fights o_O
but that only means that the map will be conquered slower, as the total guild attrition will be used up at some point. not sure though, how much attrition potential a top guild has...

Boo...

Baronet
A level 80 arc produces nearly 300k guild goods annually. Still though, it is quite steep and the building costs should really scale by league.
And if there is no level 80 Arc? If a novice player, then the guild should tell him - get out?
Do you understand what this means? Novice players will be in poverty to download the Arc in guilds that are dead. But when you pump the Arc to level 80 (this is about a year in such conditions), then come. If you survive.

My guild wants players to develop and stay with us, and not swing in the garbage pit.

Boo...

Baronet
why should a novice player be in a guild which plays in diamond league :rolleyes:

they shouldn't let those player in :rolleyes:

long time players all started low
but novice players should directly join diamond guilds ?

why in the hell o_O
To develop faster.
To effectively build a city, and not fill it with "beautiful" buildings.
To find out what is good, what is bad.
To become a true ally in the guild.

CrashBoom

Legend
When a player upgrades the Arc with us, he does this with the collection twice a day. And we try to upgrade guild buildings first. A novice player is not a dependent if everything is explained to him.
maybe I explain it to you

your guild can
a) make novice players grow and have less guilds goods for those new buildings
b) make top players grow even bigger with having those new buildings on all slots necessary (because of all guild members are at least producing 3k guild goods daily o_O)

:rolleyes:

Let's face reality - it's not possible for a small guild to set up camp at headquarters for 75,000 goods. A small guild does not collect so much in a year
let's face reality;
those new buildings are for TOP guilds with too much goods o_O
and not for small guilds

When a player upgrades the Arc with us, he does this with the collection twice a day. And we try to upgrade guild buildings first. A novice player is not a dependent if everything is explained to him.
and why should a novice player start with guild buildings first :rolleyes:

I wouldn't even want to start in a guild where they explain you have to level your Arc up to 80 first o_O

Boo...

Baronet
maybe I explain it to you

your guild can
a) make novice players grow and have less guilds goods for those new buildings
b) make top players grow even bigger with having those new buildings on all slots necessary (because of all guild members are at least producing 3k guild goods daily o_O)

:rolleyes:

let's face reality;
those new buildings are for TOP guilds with too much goods o_O
and not for small guilds

and why should a novice player start with guild buildings first :rolleyes:

I wouldn't even want to start in a guild where they explain you have to level your Arc up to 80 first o_O
Let's not argue which came first, the chicken or the egg.
And I agree that the changes are for the top guilds, not the smaller ones. That's what I'm talking about - small guilds will drag out a miserable existence.
Top guilds will not be interested in novice players.
As a result, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

CrashBoom

Legend
one point with the new champion tower I don't like
the easier wins in diamond leagues where the guilds only have 925 or 975 LP

I would even suggest to give that Champion Tower in 1000 LP diamond leagues only o_O

and the reason for that:
a) a guild which drops regularly down from 1000 LP to 925/975 and win there will get more often a winning first place than
b) a guild which is performing better and regularly makes the place 2 to 4 but also never a win in a 1000 LP guild (like the guild in a)

result: better guild b) gets less fragments than guild a)
what I would consider unfair :rolleyes:

Boo...

Baronet
Is Tower of Champions temporary or permanent?
Do you have to win in a row or not?
What will happen to the Tower of Champions lvl. 2 in case of 2nd or 3rd place?

CrashBoom

Legend
Is Tower of Champions temporary or permanent?
permanent

Do you have to win in a row or not?
no
but you should be finished after 8 seasons because after that there could be a different building and then you have to wait for a longer period before it will back again
The championship is basically a replacement for the current battlegrounds placement rewards. These rewards are no longer based on the map and will change every 8 battlegrounds.

What will happen to the Tower of Champions lvl. 2 in case of 2nd or 3rd place?
in the case of not winning you just don't get more fragments