• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Interface improvements and feature test

The daily rewards are trash. Day 28 is a coin boost. These prices need to be age differentiated - in IA yeah I would need coins, but in FE or SAT I've got a literal gagillion coins and only giving 2000 medals when the expansions costs millions/billions is total BS. Even the goods are not great because you get 5 goods on day 1 but it literally costs 10,000 goods in SAT for tech, for GB, for GEX every week. 5 goods ain't going to make ANY difference in SAT, it should be increased substantially. Throw some items in there, put finish/mass coin/supply items, put a reno kit or one up kit. Put in special goods for that age (not random). In 28 days people should be moving up the ages as well.

If I log in every day for 28 days, I should be getting something substantial. GEX 5 is a substantial reward for doing that for one month straight.

Harvest farm selection is garbage, I hate set buildings.

If I just started SAT, I'd just keep resetting to day 1 because the other prices are not worth the wait.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'd argue that the milestone prizes should be turned into selection kits, with a wider variety of prizes (though not needed to be greater in quality) instead of a RNG between items you may not care about depending on your progress into the game (early game player might feel gypped for not getting a building ; late game player might feel the opposite - 28 days for AH fodder, just wants the FP)

These sorts of daily login systems in a game tend to be based around the pledge that if you make it through the whole set you're *guaranteed* something you want. Not a chance at something you want and a larger chance at something that doesn't personally appeal to you as worth maintaining your streak.

jovada

Regent
What are you complaining again ,yes of course the daily prizes are "weak" but it's a reward for login in each day, the milestonechests are reasonal prizes , what do you expect to receive for just login in each day? Every event i'm amazed how players react to the buildings or prizes on a greedy way , always we want more and more.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I guess I'm in the A group, this was enabled for me this morning. To be candid, I think it's extremely punitive to drop someone back to the very start of the program level (ie, 1) for a single day miss. What some other game vendors/adopters of this design do, is to drop you back a few rungs on the progress ladder, NOT drop you back to rung 1.

Please consider something like this:
  • 1 day miss: drop back 5 rungs of the 28 day ladder, and no re-accrual of prizes for 5 days
  • 2 consecutive day misses: drop back 12 rungs of the 28 day ladder, and no re-accrual of prizes for 12 days
  • 3 day (consecutive or individual count in 1 month...or more): back to 1

There are so many legitimate reasons people can't play for even a single day - due to real life.
1) PC based players that don't have mobile devices have to travel, especially across timezones that subtract time for them
2) Mobile players going to areas of the world with NO connectivity.

If you make this so punitive that no matter what the achievement obtained, you eviscerate all progress, I think it works counter-productively to you and your community members. It won't achieve the adoption levels it could. This needs a more friendly and workable reminder system.
Since this is a freebie, I have no problem with it dropping back to 1 if you miss a day. It's like a lot of other feature in the game, you have to do certain things to complete it. But if you don't, you can still play - it's not required to move forward. Plus you immediately get to start trying again.

I disagree that it is punitive - nothing is take away if you miss a day, to the contrary you still get a freebie when you do log in.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What are you complaining again ,yes of course the daily prizes are "weak" but it's a reward for login in each day, the milestonechests are reasonal prizes , what do you expect to receive for just login in each day? Every event i'm amazed how players react to the buildings or prizes on a greedy way , always we want more and more.
Well I mean if they're going to add feature bloat, I would want it to mean something. I would be perfectly content with them *not* adding a daily login. But if it's there and demanding space in the UI, clicks from me, etc, I want it to have something of value.

I don't mind that the daily prizes are crap. I don't mind the quality of the milestone prizes. I do mind that I don't get to pick (or know) which milestone prize I get. It's hard to look forward to a 33% chance of the thing you actually want, that takes a month to get to.

jovada

Regent
Well I mean if they're going to add feature bloat, I would want it to mean something. I would be perfectly content with them *not* adding a daily login. But if it's there and demanding space in the UI, clicks from me, etc, I want it to have something of value.

I don't mind that the daily prizes are crap. I don't mind the quality of the milestone prizes. I do mind that I don't get to pick (or know) which milestone prize I get. It's hard to look forward to a 33% chance of the thing you actually want, that takes a month to get to.
Typical reaction of an endplayer , but i think a lot of new players will be very happy with this

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Typical reaction of an endplayer , but i think a lot of new players will be very happy with this
I think they'd be happier if when looking at the last milestone they knew they could get the one they wanted. A harvest farm kit for instance might not appeal to a true-newbie as a single set building they have nothing that goes with (a veteran player might know how to leverage the antique dealer to make it useful). But a stage of ages is something to be pumped about at the start.

Emberguard

Emperor
I guess I'm in the A group, this was enabled for me this morning. To be candid, I think it's extremely punitive to drop someone back to the very start of the program level (ie, 1) for a single day miss. What some other game vendors/adopters of this design do, is to drop you back a few rungs on the progress ladder, NOT drop you back to rung 1.

Please consider something like this:
  • 1 day miss: drop back 5 rungs of the 28 day ladder, and no re-accrual of prizes for 5 days
  • 2 consecutive day misses: drop back 12 rungs of the 28 day ladder, and no re-accrual of prizes for 12 days
  • 3 day (consecutive or individual count in 1 month...or more): back to 1

There are so many legitimate reasons people can't play for even a single day - due to real life.
1) PC based players that don't have mobile devices have to travel, especially across timezones that subtract time for them
2) Mobile players going to areas of the world with NO connectivity.

If you make this so punitive that no matter what the achievement obtained, you eviscerate all progress, I think it works counter-productively to you and your community members. It won't achieve the adoption levels it could. This needs a more friendly and workable reminder system.

No re-accrual is counter productive to the goal. The kind of player that misses a day is the kind of player that is likely doing so regularly.

Punishing them by requiring 5-12 days of activity to get literally nothing in return isn’t going to make it worth logging in any more frequently. Especially if real life prevents them from logging in on a specific day(s) each week. Worse, if someone is consistently unable to log in for two days each week then your proposal will permanently lock them out of the feature as they will have enough activity to “retain” their spot but not enough to get past your proposed lockout timeframe

I would rather it have a 3 day grace per 28-day period, allowing the player to skip 3 days out of 28 in any way they like before it resets back to day 1

Dessire

Regent
What I hate about daily rewards is best reward(s) is(are) from the last day and then, the next day, the counter goes back to day 1 instead of giving you each day the best reward if you are able to log in on time always as other games do. Keeping your counter at max as long as posisble should be rewarded and not punished by returning you back to day 1.

Emberguard

Emperor
What I hate about daily rewards is best reward(s) is(are) from the last day and then, the next day, the counter goes back to day 1 instead of giving you each day the best reward if you are able to log in on time always as other games do. Keeping your counter at max as long as posisble should be rewarded and not punished by returning you back to day 1.

2,000 forge points, 10 stage of ages and 10 harvest barn kits per month..... that would sure be quite the incentive to log in, but somehow I don't think they'll want to make it quite that powerful as then it's the kind of output you get from Events without the equivalent effort

One possible variation of your idea would be to add a continuous streak prize on top of the current structure. That way you could get something for never missing without having to water down the current prize pool balancing to accommodate that

Alternatively, Day 28+ could rotate between milestone rewards so it's not just milestone 4 but still not restarting at day 1

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Am I the only one that find that there is no a/b test and that arguments they give are complete nonsens????

Examples:
Fellowship some have silver and gold prizes other only silver. where is the a/b test ????? If you give boths options to everyone you just see how many pay for gold and silver and how many just pay for silver or how many pay for nothing. This is not an a/b test , an a/b test should have been one part of players silver and then the gold row and an other part of players first the gold row and then the silver and then have a look wich of the two payed the most 25 euro to have them both.

Now the new milestone , some have it other not , can you please tell me where is the a/b test ????? there is an A but where is the B ????

Oooooh stupid me , i just realised that the B stands for how many players will react to the unjustice they create between players, mea culpa.
It's also semi-biased "testing." Those who usually buy are discouraged. Knowing they could've gotten a better deal if they where offered both cash passes.

jovada

Regent
I think you all forget one thing and that this 28 days rewards are in function of new players and an addition to the making it easier to reach colonial era that they announced.