• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Forum Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
it's much simpler to open those two individual spoilers
Sorry to disagree for this. You are revealing the spoiler content, without spoiler button approach doesn't require any user action to reveal anything since the content are ready to be glanced without any extra effort. In both scenarios, depending on the contents, scroll will be needed.
Losing all the convenience of the spoilers in the name of reducing clicks just doesn't make sense to me.
Already it is not convenient to me using through mobile. Cannot switch to PC for it. If PC means, I could have not raised this concern and agree with you(since mouse handling I can do better). I just don't like it in the mobile. One spoiler with big screenshot I will be scrolling and suddenly one more spoiler button and I need touch means coming out of scroll and again do the scroll to see the contents of that spoiler image like goes on. Sorry, I don't want to argue, since the approach is annoying me most of the time.

-Alin-

Emperor
Sorry to disagree for this. You are revealing the spoiler content, without spoiler button approach doesn't require any user action to reveal anything since the content are ready to be glanced without any extra effort. In both scenarios, depending on the contents, scroll will be needed.

Already it is not convenient to me using through mobile. Cannot switch to PC for it. If PC means, I could have not raised this concern and agree with you(since mouse handling I can do better). I just don't like it in the mobile. One spoiler with big screenshot I will be scrolling and suddenly one more spoiler button and I need touch means coming out of scroll and again do the scroll to see the contents of that spoiler image like goes on. Sorry, I don't want to argue, since the approach is annoying me most of the time.

The issue is with xenforo on mobile and smaller screens.
You can always activate the desktop variant of the forum in Your phone browser and everything will be Nice and clear, and You can zoom in, zoom out as You wish, easy as that.

Screenshot_20230318-122501.png

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
The issue is with xenforo on mobile and smaller screens.
You can always activate the desktop variant of the forum and everything will be Nice and clear, and You can zoom in, zoom out as You wish, easy as that.

Already tried and didn't want to go with zoom behaviour. Text is so small. It will be better, if we remove spoiler button setting itself. Everyone can read everything without any extra action. How that cannot be accepted as a good suggestion. PC and mobile, everywhere same behavior and whoever creates the content no need try spoiler setting. Just placing the bold text can give the differentiation. No zooming, no clicks, no spoiler buttons adding etc...just scroll and read. Is this not simple?

-Alin-

Emperor
Already tried and didn't want to go with zoom behaviour. Text is so small. It will be better, if we remove spoiler button setting itself. Everyone can read everything without any extra action. How that cannot be accepted as a good suggestion. PC and mobile, everywhere same behavior and whoever creates the content no need try spoiler setting. Just placing the bold text can give the differentiation. No zooming, no clicks, no spoiler buttons adding etc...just scroll and read. Is this not simple?

Ok, so because some people are just lazy to open a spoiler and to scroll, it means we, that post spoilers should not use spoilers at all? ...

I had no problem with opening them, not on pc and not either on phone.
It is way better to keep things ordered with spoiler rather than having all on a Page and bore myself trying to find something that interests me, even if it's with bold, crazy colors, it will be worse, having to search into a looooooonggggg and boring post between tens of photos ...

Also, You do a lot of clicks daily, thousands of them on game itself, opening webpages, programs, etc, why would be a problem for 10 more clicks opening and closing a "spoiler"? ...

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster

Without the spoilers all the content is there, but there is also irrelevant content between the pieces of content you are interested in, that you would have to scroll through each time you go back and forth between the buildings you are comparing.

I guess we'll have to disagree, I find the spoilers even more helpful on mobile. The screen is smaller and less content fits. If everything is available all the time you have to do a lot more scrolling. Also, if I do want to open all, it's so easy to do if you open them from the bottom of the thread:

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
Without the spoilers all the content is there, but there is also irrelevant content between the pieces of content you are interested in, that you would have to scroll through each time you go back and forth between the buildings you are comparing.

I guess we'll have to disagree, I find the spoilers even more helpful on mobile. The screen is smaller and less content fits. If everything is available all the time you have to do a lot more scrolling. Also, if I do want to open all, it's so easy to do if you open them from the bottom of the thread:

Please make the same content without spoiler button in mobile and say which is easy.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Please make the same content without spoiler button in mobile and say which is easy.
When viewing all there is no difference except you have to click all the spoilers, which as you can see takes hardly any time. If you are looking for something specific, you have to scroll and look for it, instead of being able to go to that specific item through the spoilers.

If you want to view everything, the spoilers add a second or two of clicking on spoilers, but otherwise is exactly the same as everything being available. If you want to view something specific, the spoilers make it much simpler to find that thing. I don't think it's worth losing that to make the first scenario slightly easier.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
When viewing all there is no difference except you have to click all the spoilers, which as you can see takes hardly any time. If you are looking for something specific, you have to scroll and look for it, instead of being able to go to that specific item through the spoilers.

If you want to view everything, the spoilers add a second or two of clicking on spoilers, but otherwise is exactly the same as everything being available. If you want to view something specific, the spoilers make it much simpler to find that thing. I don't think it's worth losing that to make the first scenario slightly easier.
So only asked for open all as a improvement initially if possible through xenforo or something, since whoever expects current behavior, they can continue and myself just click on the new open all button and gets satisfied too.

JavaScript:
$('.bbCodeSpoiler-content').toggleClass('is-active');
this bit of code put into the browser console will open and close all spoilers on a page. should be easy enough to create a button for it, if @Juber is allowed to.

edit: made it work better

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
Now it is almost 50-50 vote, but this voting doesn't make sense. People using PC may get less interest and people using mobile app will get more interest. How this voting solves that different device context of the mentioned issue. Seems quite, inappropriate. Few months back, separate mobile app forum discussion came up and I felt that much big change is not necessary but good to keep it like felt, but for recent days it makes me feel it will be best to keep it.

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Now it is almost 50-50 vote, but this voting doesn't make sense. People using PC may get less interest and people using mobile app will get more interest. How this voting solves that different device context of the mentioned issue. Seems quite, inappropriate. Few months back, separate mobile app forum discussion came up and I felt that much big change is not necessary but good to keep it like felt, but for recent days it makes me feel it will be best to keep it.
This is not any official or binding vote. Its just an opinion poll to see how many like the buttons and how many don't.

nice2haveu

Baronet
For Feedback's, it's a mixture of positive and negative depending on the each member commenting. If any ways to adjust, find a mechanism to add positive and negative comments separately. That way, how many member posting against recent changes may be seen very clearly and same for supporting recent changes too. Maybe (green) color marking for positive feedbacks might also good to have. Currently knowing all positive or negative feedbacks are not easy.

Nerf's are happening in the middle and feedback kept to flow continuously which also need to have (checkpoint), to know basic game feedback and nerf/buff feedback separately. Hope this has a way to implement in the forum.

nice2haveu

Baronet
This is not any official or binding vote. Its just an opinion poll to see how many like the buttons and how many don't.
Okay but knowing 50% support for either side, what was the final decision to be applied. Recent weeks, seeing many spoiler buttons in different threads. What was the point of keeping spoiler buttons in forum, though they are going to view them by clicking it. Why can't they just add image directly to their post or comment.

My knowledge of spoiler is, something to indicate before it's actual presence. Few are still using for that only, but many are using for something else (and making those in feedback/discussion etc). Anyways, this won't be changed too like GE5, so I will try to stop thinking about it.

.Chris

Baronet
I would love to have a PlugIn that improves the vanilla xenforo tables.
I wanted to make one that is a little "advanced" and it's just not possible...

nice2haveu

Baronet
Please enable video upload option to the forum threads for posting. Within my mobile, if myself made any recordings of the game by some screen recorder, forum threads doesn't accept the video file ".mp4" to apply in the threads/posts.

Xenforo has the ability to support video upload too for each thread/posts. Instead of going YouTube/Vimeo or other sites to link my videos in the forum, enabling the option in the forum itself is a better choice.

Maybe if it has already available in forum and forum members not given with video upload permission means, please try to grant the permission.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Voting poll referring to the actual spoiler button, but it got requested for "open all". The word "extra" is confusing, if it is for "open all" and those many no's means very shocking.

@Velvet Thunder,
Is that extra button related to "open all" a new button or "spoiler" button which is existing already?

If it is meant for "open all", I need to change my voting.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
Voting poll referring to the actual spoiler button, but it got requested for "open all". The word "extra" is confusing, if it is for "open all" and those many no's means very shocking.

@Velvet Thunder,
Is that extra button related to "open all" a new button or "spoiler" button which is existing already?

If it is meant for "open all", I need to change my voting.
Poll is created for existing "spoiler" button. Not for "open all" button. If it is raised for open all, I would have been happily vote yes. But it is actually referencing the existing spoiler button only.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
Please enable video upload option to the forum threads for posting. Within my mobile, if myself made any recordings of the game by some screen recorder, forum threads doesn't accept the video file ".mp4" to apply in the threads/posts.

Xenforo has the ability to support video upload too for each thread/posts. Instead of going YouTube/Vimeo or other sites to link my videos in the forum, enabling the option in the forum itself is a better choice.

Maybe if it has already available in forum and forum members not given with video upload permission means, please try to grant the permission.
This is something good to apply in the forum. Hope, any one of the moderator or community manager can able to apply this change in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.