• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Guild Expedition Buildings! (GE Update?)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Honestly I expect quite a challenge, units with 1000 attack and 1000 defence in 2 waves in the last confrontation at GE5 in SAJM.
Given that it's using defending army stats, I somewhat doubt that. Or at the very least, a wide range extending to much lower than that probably makes sense so that *some* value is gleaned from a small investment in defense.

The issue being that since the defending army stats aren't "valued" anywhere else in the game atm, if you suddenly "need" 1000% boost which is no small investment for it to have *any* value to you, then a lot will go "then it still has no value to me" and opt to negotiate instead.

As such I think that the "worst" it should be is similar in requirements to the end of GE4. But we'll still have to see what kind of difference those fortifications can make - maybe they'll be the answer for how someone with "some" investment manages to make that investment of non-zero value.

Astrid

Baronet
You have the alternative to negociate... but what if the negociations costs will be outrageous? Or one of the negociations slots will always ask for 10-20 diamonds? Obviously if you want to finish the expedition you will pay the diamonds, but, in the long run you will increase your defending stats by quite some margin to get rid of the high costs of goods, special goods, diamonds.

I expect the new level to be rewarding but also very challenging, no matter what option you choose, fight or negociate.

They want to give a challenge to all players, especially to those that increased their attack for attacking army to over 3000. And there is no way to challenge those players unless you basically make their 3000 attack for attacking army useless in GE5.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Or one of the negociations slots will always ask for 10-20 diamonds?
That would be highly unfair to the non-fighting community. It’ll be expensive in default for sure. Likely more than GE4 but to what extend is to be seen.

GE5 neg. Option costing diamonds
Press X for doubt
Me: X!!!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You have the alternative to negociate... but what if the negociations costs will be outrageous? Or one of the negociations slots will always ask for 10-20 diamonds? Obviously if you want to finish the expedition you will pay the diamonds, but, in the long run you will increase your defending stats by quite some margin to get rid of the high costs of goods, special goods, diamonds.

I expect the new level to be rewarding but also very challenging, no matter what option you choose, fight or negociate.

They want to give a challenge to all players, especially to those that increased their attack for attacking army to over 3000. And there is no way to challenge those players unless you basically make their 3000 attack for attacking army useless in GE5.
We'll have to see. It's a hard balance to strike. But I can say I can handle quite some crazy negotiation costs without any additional city space. i.e. I've negotiated well past attrition cap on occasion in GBG when I used to actually care.

But i also can't imagine the rewards being that much of a leap forward as to merit that kind of crazy cost.

Ultimately yes, we want a challenge. But it has to be a challenge that at least a fair number of people look at and go "yea, that's worth doing". The switch to defending army stats is almost certainly to handle those 3k+ attack boosts, because they *haven't* been building defense (yet). So it should keep the raw number down some.

Kronan

Viceroy
An interesting point to consider.

GE 5 isn't like an event, which can be played by anyone, in any age.

Competency to finish GE 4, so as to then enter GE 5 (if indeed that is the plan...), is an important consideration for newer beta players, or those who haven't had a chance to build up warriors, medals, goods, and attacking attack/defense stats, and even city defense stats, too.etc.

Many people in beta have ample quantities of all that stuff so as to be able to exercise the new GE 5 level through traditional progression steps. But many want to, but can't. Maybe one time by pushing hard through GE 1-4, (having people help with goods, etc), but certainly not in a sustained week to week testing cycle.

People will most likely try it once, then exhaust themselves and not be able to do it a 2nd, or 3rd week, etc - because they know they should't be up there anyway, as their city isn't built out to participate continuously at that level.

So I wonder - to get the best test environment to study this, will there be a special entry point to GE 5, or will only going through GE 1 - 4 successfully be the ONLY key to get there.

It may leave a LOT of people out.

shad2389

Viceroy
An interesting point to consider.

GE 5 isn't like an event, which can be played by anyone, in any age.

Competency to finish GE 4, so as to then enter GE 5 (if indeed that is the plan...), is an important consideration for newer beta players, or those who haven't had a chance to build up warriors, medals, goods, and attacking attack/defense stats, and even city defense stats, too.etc.

Many people in beta have ample quantities of all that stuff so as to be able to exercise the new GE 5 level through traditional progression steps. But many want to, but can't. Maybe one time by pushing hard through GE 1-4, (having people help with goods, etc), but certainly not in a sustained week to week testing cycle.

People will most likely try it once, then exhaust themselves and not be able to do it a 2nd, or 3rd week, etc - because they know they should't be up there anyway, as their city isn't built out to participate continuously at that level.

So I wonder - to get the best test environment to study this, will there be a special entry point to GE 5, or will only going through GE 1 - 4 successfully be the ONLY key to get there.

It may leave a LOT of people out.
am prity sure it will be AB tested like some things they implement , AB testing is when they test stuff here and on international server at same time cause they won't have enough testers here or they will create a temporary server and invite diamond perchaseplayers to go test it there with citys already built to test the GE5

I'm especially curious if they go up to 12 different goods and 6 slots in negotiations. Otherwise they can barely make negotiations more difficult. I expect 10-20 goods to be negotiated which could mean about 4000-4500 goods for the last level alone.