• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Shapes Database/spreadsheet

Kronan

Viceroy
I'm wondering, has anyone done an FULL analysis of the FoE building (ALL buildings: GBs, events, build menu, etc....) shapes in the game? In particular, if I'm looking for a specific shape to fit a hole in my cityspace that needs to be filled, and am wondering how many different choices there are and what they are.

For example:
A Zeus GB is 2x3 (2 across to the top, horizontal dimension, and 3 down vertically).
A Little Wishing Well is 3x2 (3 across the top horizontally, and 2 down vertically).

I wonder if anyone has built a query-able tool, spreadsheet, or query addressable dataset, which can be searched using a size query input (input for example: 3x3, or >5x5, or <6x4) and all the buildings fitting the criteria would be returned from that query.

I'd really like to see where the "holes" are - you know, the size dimensions with very few quantities of buildings that exist in that orientation.

One I can think of now where few exist is 4x3. There are plenty of 3x4 (House of Wolf, Demon, or even SoH), but few 4x3.

The only non-build menu building that comes to mind is the Great Elephant building family.

I'm sure there might be BUILD MENU choices that are 4x3 though, but again, those aren't really as important as event buildings to me at the moment.

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
Full analysis, definitely no.

But few building flashing in my mind when thinking for 4x3,
Sun temple from Aztecs, grand bridge and harvest barn main building. 4x3 dimensions no gb released I think.

Sun temple and harvest barn are my choices and rest other 4x3 buildings are for ADs only.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have a spreadsheet with dimensions in it. I suppose it could be sorted by those columns to group them together. Alas, linking a spreadsheet on these forums is forbidden ;)

It's not comprehensive because it only includes things that were at one time of interest to me at least... and I think as far as 4x3 goes it's all already been covered (harvest barn not making the list because it doesn't exist as just a 4x3):

Sun Temple431
Elephant's Royalty431
Elephant's Bazaar431
Elephant's Citadel431
Grand Bridge431
Tribal Square L2431

Sun Temple and Elephant are the only two I'd build personally.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Xiphos sadly I'm not aware of such complete list. However on the EN wiki of Forge there is a list of special buildings, which includes event buildings, settlements, GE, GbF and special gifts. It's sorted by size and dimensions (horizontal/vertical). In the distant past there was a site offering an online sandbox for city building. It was closed down due to the option to upload existing cities. That was seen as a privacy breach and for that reason it was forced to stop.
That been said, anyone with sufficient excel know-how could build a custom excel spread. While it could save enormous amounts of time, once build, I'm not sure if it'll be able to save more time than it required to build. Depending on what you want to analyse, for example all buildings in existence on any particular: pop., happiness, coin/supply, (guild) goods, fps, medals, bp's, frag. of various items, etc. The more extensive you like to analyse what's the most efficient for whatever you're looking for, the more complex, lower performance and more storage it'll need. Personally I think including "normal" buildings is unadvisedly. Cause most, if not all event buildings and GB's outperforming them. Regarding GB's in the analysis, I would recommend to focus on a data feed from lvl10, upwards to the reasonable highest lvl for each GB individually or up to the highest lvl for each GB we have data on. For example lvl 202 for AO.

Kronan

Viceroy
@Xiphos sadly I'm not aware of such complete list. However on the EN wiki of Forge there is a list of special buildings, which includes event buildings, settlements, GE, GbF and special gifts. It's sorted by size and dimensions (horizontal/vertical). In the distant past there was a site offering an online sandbox for city building. It was closed down due to the option to upload existing cities. That was seen as a privacy breach and for that reason it was forced to stop.
That been said, anyone with sufficient excel know-how could build a custom excel spread. While it could save enormous amounts of time, once build, I'm not sure if it'll be able to save more time than it required to build. Depending on what you want to analyse, for example all buildings in existence on any particular: pop., happiness, coin/supply, (guild) goods, fps, medals, bp's, frag. of various items, etc. The more extensive you like to analyse what's the most efficient for whatever you're looking for, the more complex, lower performance and more storage it'll need. Personally I think including "normal" buildings is unadvisedly. Cause most, if not all event buildings and GB's outperforming them. Regarding GB's in the analysis, I would recommend to focus on a data feed from lvl10, upwards to the reasonable highest lvl for each GB individually or up to the highest lvl for each GB we have data on. For example lvl 202 for AO.

yes, Moo's exceeding current (has the 3 trees in it from St.Patty's 2023 event already!!) table can be .csv or xlsw exported, and I know GS and VBA if I need to use that (probably not...). I used to teach advanced Excel, so very familiar with its power to do a lot without much code :)

Kronan

Viceroy
I have a spreadsheet with dimensions in it. I suppose it could be sorted by those columns to group them together. Alas, linking a spreadsheet on these forums is forbidden ;)

It's not comprehensive because it only includes things that were at one time of interest to me at least... and I think as far as 4x3 goes it's all already been covered (harvest barn not making the list because it doesn't exist as just a 4x3):

Sun Temple431
Elephant's Royalty431
Elephant's Bazaar431
Elephant's Citadel431
Grand Bridge431
Tribal Square L2431

Sun Temple and Elephant are the only two I'd build personally.

Yes exactly. That brings my point "front and center" 4x3 is a very weak offering for size with simplicity (vs 3x4). The Sun temple is a good fit geometrically, but to get a fully loaded one means you trudge through Aztecs - which takes some time. THe perfect building is something like an event building you win in a week, or 3 for the full event.

As for the Elephant "family".... it takes a few (or 1??) GbG session to get 200 fragments for a base unity, then a LOT longer to get it ramped up to it's branching choice. SO that's a big investment. As well, it's a base for Iridescent chains, so that has to be factored in, although they are not required, but if you've got all those upgrades, you probably have a few Iridescent pieces as well.

So in summary = easy direct 4x3 event buildings appear "under represented" ....

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes exactly. That brings my point "front and center" 4x3 is a very weak offering for size with simplicity (vs 3x4). The Sun temple is a good fit geometrically, but to get a fully loaded one means you trudge through Aztecs - which takes some time. THe perfect building is something like an event building you win in a week, or 3 for the full event.

As for the Elephant "family".... it takes a few (or 1??) GbG session to get 200 fragments for a base unity, then a LOT longer to get it ramped up to it's branching choice. SO that's a big investment. As well, it's a base for Iridescent chains, so that has to be factored in, although they are not required, but if you've got all those upgrades, you probably have a few Iridescent pieces as well.

So in summary = easy direct 4x3 event buildings appear "under represented" ....
Good standalone small buildings in general are few in number. They can make the event grandprizes more impactful statwise when they're bigger and I think that has a bigger effect on more people than the ones who ooh and aah over an efficient smaller grandprize that you need many of to make an impact. Usually they like them to be at least 20 if not 24 squares to allow for that effect.

i.e. when you look at 3x4s vs 4x3s that you actually want, house of horrors is the only extra standout. Statue of Honor is matched by Great Elephant. Your options are not so plentiful. It just has *one* you like ;)

There are other dimensions that I've occasionally gone "what would I want that's that shape" and usually it comes down to, yes, there's things that are that shape, but I don't consider them worth pursuing ; time to rejig the layout to get rid of that shape, or line an edge of a building I do want with 1x1s to *make* the shape I have to fill.

-Alin-

Emperor
No, it's not down:

FoE Helper city planner works very well. You can upload your city there.
He wasn't speaking about the FoE Helper city planner.
There was another, which copied exactly the graphics and layout of any city You wanted, but sadly was discontinued.
As many others from the very past of FoE.
city-editor-4.jpg

Also foestats was the very first planner and game stats website for foe back in 2013.
It looked like this.
Cityplanner.png

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
yes, Moo's exceeding current (has the 3 trees in it from St.Patty's 2023 event already!!) table can be .csv or xlsw exported, and I know GS and VBA if I need to use that (probably not...). I used to teach advanced Excel, so very familiar with its power to do a lot without much code :)
Updated with anniversary buildings and latest St Pat values (tree changes weren't updated), thanks for reminding me :)

Atokirina

Squire
@-ScytheNinjAlin-

nAOMwM6.png

I would like this so much in the FoE-helper.

Then it would be so much easier for me to help my guild newbies build their cities.

angelgail

Baronet
He wasn't speaking about the FoE Helper city planner.
There was another, which copied exactly the graphics and layout of any city You wanted, but sadly was discontinued.
As many others from the very past of FoE.
View attachment 9108

Also foestats was the very first planner and game stats website for foe back in 2013.
It looked like this.
View attachment 9109
i miss it so much