• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Kronan

Viceroy
I have had lots of memory problems lately with pages ending by 'Snap. Out of memory error.' or just going weird.
So I started to watch where the memory goes. When I opened the mini-game window to check the boat and city, chrome memory usage went up about 10% (of 8G). When I closed the mini-game, the memory usage did not go down. If all these minigames do that, they are taking lots of memory, because I play on 3 live servers too.
@estrid

Absolutely correct.

The minigame engine is very computationally intensive (for animation effects AND linear programming modelling for the game itself...) for the client (PC, etc) , and it's costly to leave it running as the forward window, vs background. I have software tools that show this "drain" clearly...

If you leave it open overnight, your PC is grinding up electricity to just make heat. Fancy that, eh?

I don't leave the St. Patrick's Day Event minigame open for ANY duration once I'm done checking progress
, or making an adjustment.

I also never leave FoE as my active window in my browser. When I'm done making city changes, collecting, or communicating (C,C,C,C), I bring any other browser tab/window forward (change focus) OR exit (close) the game until I need it again.

View the tool output:

A) Brave Browser and FoE as the open (forward) tab. Note the graphical usage - flat - and steady state for the time it was open.

Brave and FoE, no activity....JPG

B) Brave Browser and FoE as the open (forward) tab and the St. Patrick minigame open (including calculations and visual animations)

brave, FoE minigame open.JPG

See the graph at the bottom, with the jump up in activity? That's when I opened the minigame, and left it open.

The name of the tool is CORE TEMP, and can be found with a google search. I've used it for years - and it's very reliable.

In my case, the tool shows all 8 threads of my Core I7 processor, and the temperatures, usage. etc.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
It may have been a hasty change, but I wouldn't be surprised if they gained more revenue from the paid pass than via diamonds. With the $15 being about 3x the ~$5 the 1200 diamonds would cost, they'd only have to convert 1/3 of the players who purchased the diamond event pass to make the same revenue. Additionally, it could have drawn other players who would normally spend diamonds into spending real money. And once a player has spent real money, they're much more likely to do so, so the pass stays at $15.
I know but that's beyond my point of you're first post:
Well yes, but they're also trying to see if the paid features remain valuable to players, instead of just a one-time spike.
It took only 1 single AB test to determine this. It wouldn't take a genius to know on forehand this would give them much more profit. Considering diamond farms and worsening diamonds for cash deals over the years. The prior might cut deeper into their revenue than the letter. From which I'm surprised they haven't done much to limit the impact or doing much of damage control. The AB ''test'' rather feels unnecessarily since it was from the start pretty easy to know the results. For that, I rather question you're claim that they're trying to see if the paid features remain as profitable.
Personally I think the only way for them to remain popular, is by being simple good value for the money. Giving grand prize's selection kits can be good way. Since it can feel as an paid ''discount'' on set grand prize. The convince of getting a premium level quick without much hazel might also prove something. I think the $/€15 price tag is for many a low enough price to reasonable invest. When there is good value provided. For ForgeBowl and fellowship for example either cheaper ultimate couch/hero on top of premium levels fast and discounted additional grand prizes, might be really good value. While also doubling down on FoMO. Which already appear to be highly effective. Seeing the criticism of the premium levels. Which are still free to get (without cash) but getting it quick without hazel costs convince money.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
The prior might cut deeper into their revenue than the letter. From which I'm surprised they haven't done much to limit the impact or doing much of damage control.
You sure? When's the last time you saw wishing wells as daily specials? Seriously. Look back. At most, you'll see one or two fragments available in certain cases, but it's been a silent elimination of events as ways to get wells. They're making it harder to build up a diamond farm, but don't want to touch those that already exist so that they don't make those players (re: long-term, experienced players) angry.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
You sure? When's the last time you saw wishing wells as daily specials? Seriously. Look back. At most, you'll see one or two fragments available in certain cases, but it's been a silent elimination of events as ways to get wells. They're making it harder to build up a diamond farm, but don't want to touch those that already exist so that they don't make those players (re: long-term, experienced players) angry.
You've forgotten that WW ain't the only renewable source; GbF for example yields 1.000s per month, GE4 meanwhile is providing everyone I know off renewable diamonds, the letter can also still produce FoY and shrink kits of them. Enabling unhindered gradual transition towards an hybrid GE4/FoY diamond farm with reliable stream of renewable diamonds.
I guess only trying to downplay a very small sentence of my reply with such effort says a lot already. If farmers quit Inno's income wouldn't be compromised. Let's be honest, would someone quitting who've farmed out premiums and never spend a penny affect their revenue?
Either way if you're really putting in the effort to responding on a small observation of mine, let's start a discussion topic about it. Don't worry, Inno is likely too occupied with other stuff to patching renewable diamond farming effective anyways. GE will probably become only more farmable in the near future anyways.

Beta567

Baronet
You've forgotten that WW ain't the only renewable source; GbF for example yields 1.000s per month, GE4 meanwhile is providing everyone I know off renewable diamonds, the letter can also still produce FoY and shrink kits of them. Enabling unhindered gradual transition towards an hybrid GE4/FoY diamond farm with reliable stream of renewable diamonds.
I'm just curious.. have you tried to build diamond mine with FoY and WWs these days? because I tried and it took me about 2 years to get 20 FoY (upgraded) finishing GE4 every week. Does it give some kind of super advantage? Yes, you get some diamonds from GE4 itself but it is not guaranteed that you have 100-200 diamonds per week though.

Emberguard

Emperor
I'm just curious.. have you tried to build diamond mine with FoY and WWs these days? because I tried and it took me about 2 years to get 20 FoY (upgraded) finishing GE4 every week. Does it give some kind of super advantage? Yes, you get some diamonds from GE4 itself but it is not guaranteed that you have 100-200 diamonds per week though.

Is that with or without utilizing the Temple of Relics and Space Carrier Great Buildings? Both would grant either the Wishing Well or the Fountain of Youth, albeit at a slow rate.

Is that 20 with or without Events and Daily Challenges? Granted that probably would start to get a bit more time intensive than ideal, but Wishing Wells are usually in the Grand Prizes even if they're not a direct Daily Special.

I started 4 GE diamond farms 493 days ago. Three are Iron Age, the fourth is Indy. No Tor, only the Triad/ARC/Traz. I was able to finish GE64 on the 2nd or 3rd season and everytime since. The WW/FoY counts are 29/30/30/36. I complete all of the daily challenges that include WWs or WW frags. Have done all the events but no WWs were obtained from any of them as far as I can remember.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I guess only trying to downplay a very small sentence of my reply with such effort says a lot already. If farmers quit Inno's income wouldn't be compromised. Let's be honest, would someone quitting who've farmed out premiums and never spend a penny affect their revenue?
Either way if you're really putting in the effort to responding on a small observation of mine, let's start a discussion topic about it. Don't worry, Inno is likely too occupied with other stuff to patching renewable diamond farming effective anyways. GE will probably become only more farmable in the near future anyways.
You literally referred to wishing wells as cutting deeper into Inno's revenue, and being surprised that they have done nothing about it:
Considering diamond farms and worsening diamonds for cash deals over the years. The prior might cut deeper into their revenue than the letter. From which I'm surprised they haven't done much to limit the impact or doing much of damage control.
Once again, they can't cut into GE without gaining too much negative pushback. Heavily reducing the ability of players to get wishing wells is one of the simplest solutions they could have chosen. Yes, with enough effort you can still easily make a diamond farm, but Inno can not change the odds of GBG or GE diamonds without angering the players.
Wishing Wells are usually in the Grand Prizes even if they're not a direct Daily Special.
In 2022's Events:
  • Winter: 5 fragments (total) from Grand Prizes
  • St. Patrick's: 1 fragment as a task prize, 1 well from grand prizes
  • Anniversary: 1 well as Grand Prize
  • Soccer: 1 fragment possible from a player, 1 from grand prize
So if you were lucky, maybe 4 wells from events in 2022. Not exactly a big number. You can get a lot of shrink kits though.

Beta567

Baronet
Is that with or without utilizing the Temple of Relics and Space Carrier Great Buildings? Both would grant either the Wishing Well or the Fountain of Youth, albeit at a slow rate.

Is that 20 with or without Events and Daily Challenges? Granted that probably would start to get a bit more time intensive than ideal, but Wishing Wells are usually in the Grand Prizes even if they're not a direct Daily Special.
I'm talking only about FoY, no ToR or SC.
We haven't had WW as a daily special for a very long time. Inno gave us WW shrink kits though but no WW itself. Inno put WW in the premium prize line - yes, but who is going to pay money in diamond farm worlds?

I may be wrong but I think that the average diamond payout from GE64 is right around 150.

Emberguard

Emperor
Inno put WW in the premium prize line - yes, but who is going to pay money in diamond farm worlds?
Yeah I do find that bit a little bit funny. Same with the Castle System

What someone could do is just never sell any of their Wishing Wells ever on the off chance that maybe one day they'll decide to convert it into a Wishing Well farm after a few years of playing

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
It is disturbing to see fragments addiction from FoE Dev's. Many fragments related stuff introduced. They should atleast bring the selling option in the auction or trade with guild members for these fragments.

Astrid

Baronet
A suggestion, after each town completion we should have a guaranteed epic kit available in the chests. This way we can get some kits for the older buildings that were introduced in previous years. For example we can get several epic kits in the forge bowl event, so here it should be the same. At the moment the epic kit or epic kit fragments are available only behind the paywall.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I have, it produces consistently and reliable on average 150 diamonds weekly per world. Besides that occasionally it provides me with a FoY (shrink kit). The letter more often than any event. Unlike my WW/FoY experiment, which has even an BG to slightly buffing it. The WW/FoY is very unreliable source unlike GE4. Also GbF pumps out a lot of diamonds.

You literally referred to wishing wells as cutting deeper into Inno's revenue, and being surprised that they have done nothing about it:
No I didn't. I said diamond farms. That isn't an WW exclusive reference. Anyways @UBERhelp1 don't you mind starting a discussion topic about diamond farming? It seems you're really invested into it. Since only a small observational note has sparked all of this. Or @Fire Witch or @Juber could one of you pls relocate this discussion about diamond farming / renewable diamonds discussion to a topic about it? The topic of event passes for cash have gone very deeply off-topic into a subject of its own...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have, it produces consistently and reliable on average 150 diamonds weekly per world. Besides that occasionally it provides me with a FoY (shrink kit). The letter more often than any event. Unlike my WW/FoY experiment, which has even an BG to slightly buffing it. The WW/FoY is very unreliable source unlike GE4. Also GbF pumps out a lot of diamonds.

No I didn't. I said diamond farms. That isn't an WW exclusive reference. Anyways @UBERhelp1 don't you mind starting a discussion topic about diamond farming? It seems you're really invested into it. Since only a small observational note has sparked all of this. Or @Fire Witch or @Juber could one of you pls relocate this discussion about diamond farming / renewable diamonds discussion to a topic about it? The topic of event passes for cash have gone very deeply off-topic into a subject of its own...
The core advantage of WW/FoY is the low-effort. This is why it's considered the standard in diamond mining. People aren't looking to put as much time into their "mine" worlds as they do their main. Which rules out GBG entirely. If you're GBGing for diamonds, it's just another main.

If *getting* the wells has ceased to be low-effort (used to be you could just do whatever was lazily possible in an event, spend your event currency on the well day, and get a few wells), that's a pretty effective deterrent to new diamond mines. A GE4 diamond mine takes quite a bit of setup before it's ready to mine efficiently as well (along with more time to actually do the GE4 every week).

A GE4 run being worth 150 diamonds sounds about right - compared to 7 Collections of WW a week, that's ~43 wells worth.

As for in-depth discussion of current diamond mine strategies, I don't think it's really in the players best interest to have such a discussion in the open on inno forums ;) Some of the details of the less-popular strategies (i.e. how to set them up efficiently) being obscure may be what protects them. Someone could go through and make a "things to nerf" list :p

GateKeeper

Baronet
event conclusion: for best chance at lvl 10
  1. Fast method only,
  2. Follow the suggested Manager levels, and number of quests per town, stick to that. (search "mooingcat")
  3. check in every day, collect all incidents daily
  4. spend very little gold pots on Town 1...take the easy town completion as free as possible.
  5. Burn through town completion as fast as you can, 1.5-2 days per town
  6. only select Free chest, UNLESS the 50 frags are in the 6 possible rewards
    1. if 50 frags in chest, either gamble and hope you find it in the first 5 chests, or buy all option
  7. Get to quests 300 for 50 frags. (this step skipped if you lucky to find 3 50frags in the chests)
  8. If unlucky in Chests, need to get to 450 quests for 2nd 50-Frag, if reeeeeally unlucky in chests get to 600 quests!
OR

Spend $15, and slow method on cruise control. Just get to quest 275

Happy hunting all! ;)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
event conclusion: for best chance at lvl 10
  1. Fast method only,
  2. Follow the suggested Manager levels, and number of quests per town, stick to that. (search "mooingcat")
  3. check in every day, collect all incidents daily
  4. spend very little gold pots on Town 1...take the easy town completion as free as possible.
  5. Burn through town completion as fast as you can, 1.5-2 days per town
  6. only select Free chest, UNLESS the 50 frags are in the 6 possible rewards
    1. if 50 frags in chest, either gamble and hope you find it in the first 5 chests, or buy all option
  7. Get to quests 300 for 50 frags. (this step skipped if you lucky to find 3 50frags in the chests)
  8. If unlucky in Chests, need to get to 450 quests for 2nd 50-Frag, if reeeeeally unlucky in chests get to 600 quests!
OR

Spend $15, and slow method on cruise control. Just get to quest 275

Happy hunting all! ;)
You come out on top for buying chests individually hoping to get the frags on average, but even if not, the worst case scenario is paying 450 pots more. I'd take the chance and gamble.

And I think your conclusion can be simplified to:

Free players: Do an unnecessarily hard strategy introduced because we can't have nice things
or
Paid Players: Spend money on the event and take the easy way out