• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Anniversary Event?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Luckily, based on the "IDs", it seems that won't be the case.

Link for lvl9 Hut: https://foezz.innogamescdn.com/assets/city/buildings/W_SS_MultiAge_PAT23A9-2c836c067.png
Link for lvl10 Hut: https://foezz.innogamescdn.com/assets/city/buildings/W_SS_MultiAge_PAT23A10-dce260f07.png

Link for lvl11 building "3": https://foezz.innogamescdn.com/assets/city/buildings/W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A11c-b160368a2.png
Link for lvl11 building "4": https://foezz.innogamescdn.com/assets/city/buildings/W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A11d-b3ab0eddc.png

The fact it's A11d and not A12 implies it's just a variation, but of course it's merely a guess.
It seems we where both wrong and right: not just that outlying lvl is the premium one but all of them.

------------------

It's not P2W, like @ArklurBeta tried to explain but let's simplify the difference even more:

P2W - Premium levels behind hard cash wall only
F2W - Premium levels obtainable through free sources, E.G. large frag. packages through progress in the event + / or Frag. sub. premium lvl

Put it in other words in time needed:

P2W - Only option to buy it with cash, no amount of time will grant it for free
F2W - Significantly faster / instant premium lvl for cash, delayed through free sources, E.G. progress in the event + / or frag. sub premium lvl

Pre-premium level instances:
2nd buildings: Semi-P2W use diamonds from mass farming or pay cash to get 2nd building now, or wait a year

Actually the deals we're offered with St. Patrick's day is way better than what we got before. Basically the frag. of 2 maxed out grand event buildings for the space of only 1 grand event building. If wanted 2x faster buildings from parent building for free would take app. 1 year, if lucky. E.G. winter event 22, for a 2x the daily frag. for guardhouse, it'll take you at least till this year's winter event. If their kind enough to giving selection kits as a daily. With St. Patrick's day the 11-12 months delay is sliced under half of the time to 5-6 months. With BG even more months can be saved. While were also saving space compared to winter event's parent building.
I understand that most of us got spoiled and framed our expectations into getting for free the best possible version of a given grand price at the end. Though we all forget this is in no way an obligation. Also the lost of sight on what is truly P2W. We tend to judge and scream first before realising P2W does mean no other option than paying to achieving the same thing. Anyways I'm with Inno on this concept. Patching mass diamond farms might have more severe consequences and less effective in encouraging using cash. Making cash deals way better, while still keeping true to the F2W event style and giving F2W players just as always the same results but with a delay, like always but now in this format, is just plain genius. Even though the farmers can still getting instantly the premium level. Though not so quickly 2x a premium lvl, which is just great. As they could still getting much faster 2x premium buildings if they play smart, compared to a true F2W player getting 1 grand price to the premium lvl. Forge is defiantly entering a new age, of self-building cities and self-levelling F2P premium lvl buildings and for cash or a diamond sink for diamond farmers instant premium lvls.

---------

allage_anniversary_keymaster_large-15db8bbda.png

"Keymaster"
ANNIVERSARY_B_Loading_Screen_1-68775e019.jpg
ANNIVERSARY_C_Loading_Screen_1-e8577bc1b.jpg
reward_icon_upgrade_kit_ANNI23A-92599872a.png
Main Upgrade

reward_icon_golden_upgrade_kit_ANNI23A-91398db12.png
Golden Upgrade - probably for Lvl 10 - Lvl 11(A-D)
reward_icon_selection_kit_ANNI23A-97d4ebbba.png
Main Building Selection Kit - seems to include the golden one
reward_icon_upgrade_kit_ANNI23B-d3e414130.png
Secondary Upgrade

reward_icon_selection_kit_ANNI23B-b141775da.png
secondary Building selection kit

reward_icon_selection_kit_epic_ANNI23-5dd59bb8e.png
Epic selection kit - Odd to appear for a first time event, but maybe it includes stuff of last years Ages Event (Stage of Ages, Orrery, Grand Monarchs)maybe also includes spring stuff, but would not expect that
reward_icon_selection_kit_epic_historical_questlines-dba350ba0.png
Historical Questline Epic Kit (will likely include all the buildings from historical questlines)
Speculation but I think the side building might be the new ''child''-building from the grand price. Yet slowing down the self-building city concept by giving it a couple of levels. Surely something really interesting for a more futuristic event building city. If my speculations are true, even more so for self-building event cities.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
It seems we where both wrong and right: not just that outlying lvl is the premium one but all of them.

------------------

It's not P2W, like @ArklurBeta tried to explain but let's simplify the difference even more:

P2W - Premium levels behind hard cash wall only
F2W - Premium levels obtainable through free sources, E.G. large frag. packages through progress in the event + / or Frag. sub. premium lvl

Put it in other words in time needed:

P2W - Only option to buy it with cash, no amount of time will grant it for free
F2W - Significantly faster / instant premium lvl for cash, delayed through free sources, E.G. progress in the event + / or frag. sub premium lvl

Pre-premium level instances:
2nd buildings: Semi-P2W use diamonds from mass farming or pay cash to get 2nd building now, or wait a year

Actually the deals we're offered with St. Patrick's day is way better than what we got before. Basically the frag. of 2 maxed out grand event buildings for the space of only 1 grand event building. If wanted 2x faster buildings from parent building for free would take app. 1 year, if lucky. E.G. winter event 22, for a 2x the daily frag. for guardhouse, it'll take you at least till this year's winter event. If their kind enough to giving selection kits as a daily. With St. Patrick's day the 11-12 months delay is sliced under half of the time to 5-6 months. With BG even more months can be saved. While were also saving space compared to winter event's parent building.
I understand that most of us got spoiled and framed our expectations into getting for free the best possible version of a given grand price at the end. Though we all forget this is in no way an obligation. Also the lost of sight on what is truly P2W. We tend to judge and scream first before realising P2W does mean no other option than paying to achieving the same thing. Anyways I'm with Inno on this concept. Patching mass diamond farms might have more severe consequences and less effective in encouraging using cash. Making cash deals way better, while still keeping true to the F2W event style and giving F2W players just as always the same results but with a delay, like always but now in this format, is just plain genius. Even though the farmers can still getting instantly the premium level. Though not so quickly 2x a premium lvl, which is just great. As they could still getting much faster 2x premium buildings if they play smart, compared to a true F2W player getting 1 grand price to the premium lvl. Forge is defiantly entering a new age, of self-building cities and self-levelling F2P premium lvl buildings and for cash or a diamond sink for diamond farmers instant premium lvls.
While much of this may be true for the textbook definitions of the terms, InnoGames states:
1674155518700.png
(from their website)

The question isn't whether it's pay to win, the question is whether the free options available can be considered an "awesome gaming experience." And to me, changing events that have for years have given you a fully leveled event building for free to one where it comes down to pure, dumb luck? That's the problem. You absolutely should get an advantage for spending real money. But when that advantage comes not from added value, but rather from removing value from the free to play game, then is it really an "awesome gaming experience" anymore?

This game wasn't built for the monetization features they are trying to implement, so they've ended up trying to shoehorn monetization into any space they can. What happened to event-pass exclusive buildings? Why not give the smaller building in this event as part of the event pass, rather than making the main building harder to get? Instead of diluted "epic" selection kits, you could get an exclusive leveled building.

And while InnoGames has no obligation to players to offer a fully leveled event building for free, why would free players want to play a game where they can't complete an event building during the event? They could just as easily start a new game in the months it will take to see the fragments all accumulated.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
While much of this may be true for the textbook definitions of the terms, InnoGames states:

The question isn't whether it's pay to win, the question is whether the free options available can be considered an "awesome gaming experience." And to me, changing events that have for years have given you a fully leveled event building for free to one where it comes down to pure, dumb luck? That's the problem. You absolutely should get an advantage for spending real money. But when that advantage comes not from added value, but rather from removing value from the free to play game, then is it really an "awesome gaming experience" anymore?

This game wasn't built for the monetization features they are trying to implement, so they've ended up trying to shoehorn monetization into any space they can. What happened to event-pass exclusive buildings? Why not give the smaller building in this event as part of the event pass, rather than making the main building harder to get? Instead of diluted "epic" selection kits, you could get an exclusive leveled building.

And while InnoGames has no obligation to players to offer a fully leveled event building for free, why would free players want to play a game where they can't complete an event building during the event? They could just as easily start a new game in the months it will take to see the fragments all accumulated.
They are still truthfully to the statement of the SS. It's still not mandatory to pay or using diamonds to getting the premium levels. It just takes either patience (collecting at worse 150x), or luck to speeding it up. Alternatively it's offered to getting it quick or instant.
As I've said before, we got spoiled and framed our expectations around walking guaranteed at the end of an event away with a maxed out grand price. Inno changes it to either get it now or a few months later. That has nothing to do with luck. So, the statement that luck is required to get the maximum lvl or premium lvl, is just plain false. It requires now patience to get it for sure, luck for getting it faster or diamonds or cash to get it instantly. Nothing wrong with, other than that it doesn't met expectations.

GateKeeper

Baronet

and the lawyers just removed "awesome" from a gaming experience lol.... and that was joke... dont everybody go looking for that lol

GateKeeper

Baronet
I do have a question about the Historical questline... I started after those "event questlines" stopped... are those just events without some sort of animation or football players just falling down? Maybe those reward buildings are back and will now have a level 2, or upgrade kits on those historical event buildings?

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I do have a question about the Historical questline... I started after those "event questlines" stopped... are those just events without some sort of animation or football players just falling down? Maybe those reward buildings are back and will now have a level 2, or upgrade kits on those historical event buildings?
They were basically really short (like 15 quests) questlines that would last maybe 2 weeks where if you completed them, you would get a buildings somewhat related to the person. They were a really nice, do-at-your-own-pace historical event, if that makes sense. My guess is they removed them because there was no way to monetize them, and they decreased time between events. I wish they'd come back, but I doubt it, because Inno can't monetize them. Maybe if they made it so you had to pay a $1.99 monthly fee to access them...

Tanmay11

Regent
I don't like that this is going to be a new thing, but I can *accept* it at some level. And again, calling it P2W...? Players spending thousands of diamonds (or hard cash, $$$) to place multiple event buildings, 2x, 3x, or whatever-x their attack boost, "no one cares", but if there is an additional level that makes the building better, everyone goes mad how P2W that is...? Why? Between the 2, the 1st is much-much worse, much more P2W. But I explained my real issue with this in one of my previous comments.

If, (IF!) the player puts enough effort into the event, so "worst case" scenario he will have to wait...1-2 months? 3 months?...to get the premium level...then that should be fine. As a player obviously not going to love it, but with the new changes...don't think I'll lose my mind over it.

maybe its fine for you, not me.
I have played for 8 out of the last 10 years and it has always been possible to get the maxed building if you complete the questline.
I don't care that there's players spending thousands of diamond either through WW farms or cash. every game has whales.
they're always going to have an advantage now you're giving them even more of it by making events complicated and harder.

but for the vast majority of us that play events actively at least its possible to get the maxed building while also having a shot at daily specials. maybe that levels the field a bit or maybe not. it gives some sort of satisfaction..

last few events its been very clear what direction the games heading.
they pretend to balance the event after removing surprie box. now we know what they had actually planned.

making it hard event after event. either place in top 20%, follow this very specific strategy or you dont get the maxed building

last year it was possible to play the slow tow strategy(5 towns) and still get celtic farmstead. now they've taken that choice from us.
you have to grind 450 tasks, and you're still not guaranteed 150 frags immediately.
sure for now there's frags...but i wouldn't be so confident about that in future given the direction this game's heading.

same with forge bowl. they raised the ultimate coach to 450. if you dont have diamonds you have to prioritize between yards or daily specials.
bit weird for me that players are advocating that we must grind more for something that for so many years was available by simply completing the questline.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
yeah the golden fragment situation is a total mess

they should just change it to the original intention:
only for paying people in the premium pass

that would be a clear statement
no unfairness with random generator, no waiting up to 150 days after the event

just money = golden upgrade

ArklurBeta

Baronet
maybe its fine for you, not me.
I have played for 8 out of the last 10 years and it has always been possible to get the maxed building if you complete the questline.
I don't care that there's players spending thousands of diamond either through WW farms or cash. every game has whales.
they're always going to have an advantage now you're giving them even more of it by making events complicated and harder.

but for the vast majority of us that play events actively at least its possible to get the maxed building while also having a shot at daily specials. maybe that levels the field a bit or maybe not. it gives some sort of satisfaction..

last few events its been very clear what direction the games heading.
they pretend to balance the event after removing surprie box. now we know what they had actually planned.

making it hard event after event. either place in top 20%, follow this very specific strategy or you dont get the maxed building

last year it was possible to play the slow tow strategy(5 towns) and still get celtic farmstead. now they've taken that choice from us.
you have to grind 450 tasks, and you're still not guaranteed 150 frags immediately.
sure for now there's frags...but i wouldn't be so confident about that in future given the direction this game's heading.

same with forge bowl. they raised the ultimate coach to 450. if you dont have diamonds you have to prioritize between yards or daily specials.
bit weird for me that players are advocating that we must grind more for something that for so many years was available by simply completing the questline.

The point I'm trying to make here, in short, is that I believe, and this comment of yours confirms (?) that to me, that even your issue isn't how this change makes the game (more) P2W but makes the game more "pay-to-be-fulfilled", "pay-to-completeness", the emphasize is not on the P2W factor.

Last edited:

Tanmay11

Regent
The point I'm trying to make here, in short, is that I believe, and this comment of yours confirms (?) that to me, that even your issue isn't how this change makes the game (more) P2W but make the game more "pay-to-be-fulfilled", "pay-to-completeness", the emphasize is not on the P2W factor.
It is making the game more P2W tho. people that pay already get the maxed building and the dailies
They are just making it even harder for people not spending.
having to choose between Daily specials and the main building. this was not always the case.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
yeah the golden fragment situation is a total mess

they should just change it to the original intention:
only for paying people in the premium pass

that would be a clear statement
no unfairness with random generator, no waiting up to 150 days after the event

just money = golden upgrade

I would prefer to have the mess.

At least by making the fragments available in some manner you're not completely locked out as a free to play player. Once it's exclusively paywall it's also putting a cap on what a free to play player would ever be able to achieve no matter how many diamonds they've got through playing the game

ArklurBeta

Baronet
It is making the game more P2W tho. people that pay already get the maxed building and the dailies
They are just making it even harder for people not spending.

That's true, but with the new changes, F2P players can still get the highest level, just takes more time, similarly how it takes more time to get multiple event buildings for free. In that sense, from a P2W perspective, there is barely any difference.

But let's agree to disagree.

Dessire

Regent
The Building has 4 Variations at Level 11:
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A1-ef1f0e5c0.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A2-8a11021b7.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A3-4f88adf6f.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A4-93a4d9336.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A5-46d54727b.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A6-4884d3449.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A7-6695ec46c.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A8-07a8d53aa.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A9-32cd97758.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A10-c898933f9.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A11a-e15b6eda1.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A11b-3f949123e.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A11c-b160368a2.png
W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23A11d-b3ab0eddc.png
ANNIVERSARY_A_Loading_Screen_1-d7330a76f.jpg
It so perfect!!!! OMFG!!! FINALLY FINAAAALLLYYY AN EVENT WITH A FUTUISTIC BUILDING AS A REWARD! OMFG!! I LOVE IT!! I WANT ALL NEXT EVENTS HAVE THE SAME THEME!!! THANK YOU INNOOOO!!!! AFTER YEAAAARS MY WISH WILL BECOME TRUE! AT LEAST DURING ONE EVENT!!! AND THE PORTRAIT OF AKARI I LOVE IT!! WANT IT FOR SURE TOO!!!

Dessire

Regent

Say that to rise of cultures players where event buildings have 40 levels but in order to have the building at max level, you need like 50 or more kits xD and you can only get the building at level 10 or 12 for free and you must wait 1 year to earn more kits of that building if you do not want to spend real cash xD

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
Skipping this event; the buildings don't appeal to me whatsoever.
Also: There being another golden upgrade nonsense thing is also part of that decision.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Say that to rise of cultures players where event buildings have 40 levels but in order to have the building at max level, you need like 50 or more kits xD and you can only get the building at level 10 or 12 for free and you must wait 1 year to earn more kits of that building if you do not want to spend real cash xD
Imagine having to draw 40-50 skins of each grand event building and only the last few are actually worthwhile

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The Cheat Sheet got an update - it now discloses how certain objects on the playing field may be combined:
anniversary_window_cheat_sheet-84cc6d7e0.png

It seems that combining gems with gems gems of the same color that are on glass will directly give rewards:
- blue--> FP/coins/BP
- yellow (orange) --> Units/attack/defense potions?
- green-->goods, medals, supplies

combining gems with same gems on glass marked with passive key pieces -> generates gems with active key piece
combining two active fitting key pieces gives a full key
using the full key on a drop-plate (UI item or an item on the board???) gives 1 key

using a special full key on a drop plate will give 3 keys... it is not disclosed, how that special full key is produced: I guess you combine two full keys or it is generated on random when creaing a full key?

the keys probably are used to open chests that likely contain daily specials and other rewards

Last edited: