• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler 2022 Halloween Event

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Seems like there is a new mechanic this time around, there are a lot of different versions of a new "tool orb". The first four are different versions of the standard "tool orb" it seems, with the rest being "active", "bright", "clearable", "unlit" and "without_shadow".

resource_shop_halloween_tool_orb.png
halloween_orb.png
reward_icon_halloween_tool_orb.png
halloween_tool_orb.png
halloween_tool_orb_active.png
halloween_tool_orb_bright.png
halloween_tool_orb_clearable.png
halloween_tool_orb_unlit.png
halloween_tool_orb_without_shadow.png

There are also some new "bright" versions of the tools, probably linked somehow to the "tool orbs". Perhaps the orb gives the tools a boost, making them more powerful?

halloween_tool_candle_bright.png
halloween_tool_flashlight_bright.png
halloween_tool_lantern_bright.png

Also looks like you can buy some sort of chest / pass for the event. Not sure if this is related to the event pass, or something else entirely. Seems to be in the regular shop.

bg_halloween.png
halloween_package_pass.png
halloween_package_pass_cp7500.png

"shop/backgrounds/bg_halloween.png", "shop/packages/halloween_package_pass.png", "shop/packages/halloween_packages_pass_cp7500.png"

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Seems like there is a new mechanic this time around, there are a lot of different versions of a new "tool orb". The first four are different versions of the standard "tool orb" it seems, with the rest being "active", "bright", "clearable", "unlit" and "without_shadow".

. . .

bg_halloween.png
halloween_package_pass.png
halloween_package_pass_cp7500.png

"shop/backgrounds/bg_halloween.png", "shop/packages/halloween_package_pass.png", "shop/packages/halloween_packages_pass_cp7500.png"
Based on the castle points being 7500, the package will be about $15 US, which would be cheaper than the 1200 diamonds needed for the pass if you just straight purchased them (assuming halfway between the $10 and $20 packages, that would be 750 diamonds +30%, so 975 diamonds). Maybe marketed as a discount to buying the pass with real money instead of diamonds? At this price I doubt anything else will be coming with the offer, unfortunately. I think the pass would be more appealing if it was bundled with event currency, but maybe they are planning on that? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Based on the castle points being 7500, the package will be about $15 US, which would be cheaper than the 1200 diamonds needed for the pass if you just straight purchased them (assuming halfway between the $10 and $20 packages, that would be 750 diamonds +30%, so 975 diamonds). Maybe marketed as a discount to buying the pass with real money instead of diamonds? At this price I doubt anything else will be coming with the offer, unfortunately. I think the pass would be more appealing if it was bundled with event currency, but maybe they are planning on that? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Perhaps you're on to something, a few assets for the event pass was added today, using the same chest image:

halloween_pass_banner.png
seasonalevents/halloween/pass/halloween_pass_banner

halloween_pass_banner_top_event.png
seasonalevents/halloween/pass/halloween_pass_banner_top_event

halloween_pass_bubble_highlight.png
seasonalevents/halloween/pass/halloween_pass_bubble_highlight

halloween_pass_bubble_premium.png
seasonalevents/halloween/pass/halloween_pass_bubble_premium

halloween_pass_chest_event.png
seasonalevents/halloween/pass/halloween_pass_chest_event

halloween_pass_chest_grand.png
seasonalevents/halloween/pass/halloween_pass_chest_grand

DarkblueOO6

Merchant
Right I heard last year the best option was to just buy candles and not go for the packs :) hope this year isn't like that too :) lol

nothing like watching someone spend half as much on the event and get 2x as many event buildings lol :)

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Right I heard last year the best option was to just buy candles and not go for the packs :) ...

I'm fairly sure that's not true, whoever said that was trolling (un)intentionally. For 395 tickets you got 20 Candles + 8 Torches/Flashlights + 8 Lanterns (36 tools in total), for the same cost you could get almost 40 Candles (10 per each). So, you only get +4 tools (candles), but given how much better the other tools are compared to a candle, that's not even remotely enough...."in my opinion".

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
I heard people listen too much on things they heard and think too little on their own :D

I'm fairly sure that's not true, whoever said that was trolling (un)intentionally. For 395 tickets you got 20 Candles + 8 Torches/Flashlights + 8 Lanterns (36 tools in total), for the same cost you could get almost 40 Candles (10 per each). So, you only get +4 tools (candles), but given how much better are the other tools compared to a candle, that's not even remotely enough...."in my opinion".
fact is
correct used one flashlights or one latern equals at least 2 candles

because if it would be only 1 candle then you would use them wrong if you don't use the candle in that situation

nothing like watching someone spend half as much on the event and get 2x as many event buildings lol
imagine:
he buys the same packages like you but still get 2x as many because he uses a better strategy to open the fields o_O

Last edited:
I don't use the other tools unless they can outshine 3 spaces to the candle. Usually end up with a lot of the other tools and least candles toward the end though.

kawada

Marquis
portrait_522.jpg
portrait_523.jpg
portrait_524.jpg
portrait_525.jpg
MorriganAuraBellatrixIchabod
They all look quite decent - way better than fall at least
Portraits + FP???
reward_icon_halloween_cleopatra.png
reward_icon_halloween_napoleon.png
reward_icon_halloween_sacajawea.png
They clearly didn't have enough time to paint Morrigan's monkey lol
Still looks great, though

6zeva9

Baronet
Orbs could be replacing the Jokers boxes on the Calendar.
With the 4 portraits and no leagues in the Halloween this would mean:
1 portrait for completing the Rush Quests
1 portrait for completing the Daily Quests
1 portrait for completing all the Collectors Quests once
& 1 portrait for completing the Calendar

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Yeah I have to agree, even if the building was god-tier it would still suck to have to delete it after a few days. Might as well just add back the event hub with these rewards and make them unlockable if you get the event pass. Being tied to a building makes both the boost and building worse.

I'm guessing these will be locked behind the event pass as the other limited buildings. Personally I haven't been a fan of the look of any of the limited buildings (including these tbh), but it's a shame nonetheless that artists have to make these designs for building that will hardly be used at all.

It is what it is, I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Atokirina

Squire
they really like that new limited building feature o_O
Is there a topic with more info on limited buildings? I haven't been paying attention to FoE for a while and last I saw something about it were some concept images with some hand written stuff on it.