• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Yekk

Viceroy
This change was never intended to be an all around solution for every problem gbg has. It is simply one change made and it is being tested how it influences the game.
This thread shows that well. Yet you moved it to ignore it... You don't have time for it...

I disagree with the nerf but agree with most here changes need to be done.

on your quotes request... "What makes you think this? I read every feedback thread. I just don't always have time to answer or just can't. But I still read and forward your comments/feedback."

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
on your quotes request... "What makes you think this? I read every feedback thread. I just don't always have time to answer or just can't. But I still read and forward your comments/feedback."
I wrote about feedback threads. And this is still true. I read every post in the feedback threads. But this here is a discussion thread. No post from this thread will be forwarded.
Again, I never said, that I read every post in the forum.

Owl II

Emperor
I sometimes fear people are just talking past each other here because they are starting from totally different places. I believe much of that is based on the assumption that "best guilds" mean "highest ranked". Perhaps that is true for some players, especially fighters, but not everyone is a fighter. To me, absolute hell would be to be in a guild where I was expected to log in every 4 hours, fight several hundred battles every day in GBG, and turn my city into something that is devoted to producing Attack bonuses. *Shudders* That does not mean that I don't want to be able to complete 10 or 20 encounters (battles and negotiations) in GBG most days, or that I want to be locked out of it. Sadly, it also means that all to often I do end up in Diamond league, and get locked out of the GBG map as two "high ranking" (shudder quotes) guilds farm the map to the exclusion of everyone else.

Bottom line is that "best guild" means different things to different players, and depends on the players style, the amount of time they have for the game, and what they enjoy. My experience is that most players have no desire to be in one of the "best guilds" as defined by many people in this thread. That doesn't mean they want to be totally locked out of part of it, and I honestly believe that what Inno should be doing (and is trying to do here) is make the game enjoyable for the largest number of players. You may disagree with the way Inno is trying to do that, but if everyone would stop it with the implicit and unfounded assumptions as to what a "good guild" is and think about how do we make the game fun and exciting for everyone, we would not need 158 (and counting) pages of discussion that is 90% repetition based on different starting places.

*off soap box and back into lurker mode*
It looks like the official version from the moderators mouth. It seems to me the status of the "best player" or "best guild" should be determined by the ranking. But there is not a single ranking in the FOE that would clearly and impartially determine the position of the best. Everything is upside down here and there is nothing definite. So why are you surprised that everyone determines on their own who is better?

But if you forget about rankings, there is such a thing called perfectionism. Perfectionism is a level 180 Arc, applied to GB. This is 64 encounters, as applied to GE. So, in relation to GBG, the manifestation of perfectionism is the treasury, which is enough for any buildings. This is the fastest capture of provinces. This is a map under locks. Do you have any plans to limit GE to 50 encounters with the maximum possible 64? Or limit the arc to 130 level? Get on soapbox again please and tell us so we understand what to expect in the future.

Last edited:

Yekk

Viceroy
I wrote about feedback threads. And this is still true. I read every post in the feedback threads. But this here is a discussion thread. No post from this thread will be forwarded.
Again, I never said, that I read every post in the forum.
Then move this thread back where it needs to be...to feedback where it began and still deserves to be...

It is no less relevant than it was when there. It just did not go your way. That did not mean move it to discussion...

Thunderdome

Emperor
But this here is a discussion thread. No post from this thread will be forwarded.
And just like that, we all know now. I felt we all had wasted our time, our words, and our thoughts just to be told this. Inno has taken our ability to see what others are talking about in the current feedback while allowing it to probably pile on with old posts while resetting the polls with each round (was it reset for the sneaky third round? Oh, who gives a flip as I said I am sitting this round out and probably lost track on how many times it got reset).

Yekk

Viceroy
I would suggest rereading our announcement when we made the split: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ge-camp-ability-re-balance.15645/#post-138786
You changed the rules when you did not get the results you wanted...problem is new feedback mirrors the old stuff, now moved to discussion. The poll is 2 to 1 against and my best guess is those that respond still are saying what what said but also including the new problems the nerf made. Transparency begins with you Juber...

Then move this thread back where it needs to be...to feedback where it began and still deserves to be...

It is no less relevant than it was when there. It just did not go your way. That did not mean move it to discussion...
There already is a feedback thread where player feedback is moderated to avoid the problem of players ridiculing each other's feedback - like we see here on this thread. I, for one, am fine with my feedback being 1:1 with INNO and, as far as I am concerned, it can stay that way even after the change goes live. I'm offering feedback and neither need, nor want, other players to critique it.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Personally I have comments awaiting moderation just like so many others and if we can't see them and therefore talk about them here (and not on the thread dedicated to comments), how can we make new suggestions?
With your method, which I can understand if it made the posts visible while closing the topic and opening another each season, you are only exacerbating the conflicts between some players on this thread.
To believe that it suits you to see the players criticizing each other instead of discussing the ideas proposed.

King Flush

Marquis
Great that you have time for it, I don't.
And no, it is not my job to read every comment in the forum. No company will pay you for doing this. It is my job to build and interact with the community, forward feedback, report issues, etc.
if it's not your job maybe it should be someones?

jovada

Regent
Personally I have comments awaiting moderation just like so many others and if we can't see them and therefore talk about them here (and not on the thread dedicated to comments), how can we make new suggestions?
With your method, which I can understand if it made the posts visible while closing the topic and opening another each season, you are only exacerbating the conflicts between some players on this thread.
To believe that it suits you to see the players criticizing each other instead of discussing the ideas proposed.
Personally i think there is very little new to add for new suggestions, i think everything possible has been mentioned in this thread.
The pro's think it's good but also something must be done for matchmaking, the contra's think only matchmaking must be done because the opportunity to fight with 0 attrition all day long is to important for them ( guilds who are not able to swap every 4h with other "strong" guild are just considered weak and don't have a clue how to play GbG)

So i think as long there are no other changes in GbG everything has been said, of course this is a discussion thread and we can go for another 160 pages more.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
No one is asking for ideas in moderated thread. They only need feedback regarding the nerf. That's it. There should be a special place for this flow of emotions so that the forum is not cracked.;) You have been given this place. Nobody closed the ideas section either

If they would implement a brand new guild combat system that was truly fun and competitive with player rewards like GBG they can then delete GBG/GvG/and PvP..... we would all be better off and INNO would have reduced server loading as well...

If they would implement a brand new guild combat system that was truly fun and competitive with player rewards like GBG they can then delete GBG/GvG/and PvP..... we would all be better off and INNO would have reduced server loading as well...
Maybe it's better to play the hand that you have instead of the hand that you wish you had. Just sayin'.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Even if Inno removes the PVR Arena, the GBg, and GvG bits, and create a new feature, it's going to still suck because they probably won't fix the match making aspects of such or even scale the rewards correctly (give us something worthwhile than just pennies to be playing for) or people are just going to complain, "exploit" or some other thing.