• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Yekk

Viceroy
I know, I relativized not to say what I really think.
on one of my live worlds, the last season of GbG where we had no place to put an SC 2 spaces around our HQ, I managed to do 1,300 fights without SC.

Because he is more worried about himself and he doesn't care about the community.
When he talks about "the players", he is only referring to himself and a minority of players he knows and who play like him.
When the nerf is installed on the live servers and he finally realizes that Inno will never reset attrition, he will either stop the game or stop the forum.

It's a shame to see so many bugs on the live servers but understandable since few of us give feedback to improve the game.

Many players are only present for quests during events and others play as if it were a live world while losing sight of the fact that we are here to test.
We are asked to come here and give our experiences with the nerf. The majority see less fights now..., It was only a couple (2-3) guilds before in each diamond league that could not fight or were rogue and were left out of the co-ops. That group is the minority. Under Diamond there were few problems if any... So you are the minority...

Good players move to good guilds if they want to improve their experiences in FoE. The best guilds have better leadership, quality threads, much more active players who work together to help each other build their cities. All you need do is look at the Guild rankings page to see which guilds are good and which, on pages 4-5, do not help their players as much.

jovada

Regent
All you need do is look at the Guild rankings page to see which guilds are good and which, on pages 4-5, do not help their players as much.
What nonsens again , your guild is ranked 23 does it mean 22 guilds are better ???? No just like we you are not on the GvG map anymore , taking a few sectors and you and we jump big in the ranking.

We are asked to come here and give our experiences with the nerf. The majority see less fights now..., It was only a couple (2-3) guilds before in each diamond league that could not fight or were rogue and were left out of the co-ops. That group is the minority. Under Diamond there were few problems if any... So you are the minority...

Good players move to good guilds if they want to improve their experiences in FoE. The best guilds have better leadership, quality threads, much more active players who work together to help each other build their cities. All you need do is look at the Guild rankings page to see which guilds are good and which, on pages 4-5, do not help their players as much.
But you are not in the minority are you?

Everybody has an opinion. Meanwhile, the Devs are analyzing real data relative to player behavior. What do you think will really matter when it comes to finalizing the decision to take the change to the live servers, data or conjecture?

LordTachikawa

Merchant
I sometimes fear people are just talking past each other here because they are starting from totally different places. I believe much of that is based on the assumption that "best guilds" mean "highest ranked". Perhaps that is true for some players, especially fighters, but not everyone is a fighter. To me, absolute hell would be to be in a guild where I was expected to log in every 4 hours, fight several hundred battles every day in GBG, and turn my city into something that is devoted to producing Attack bonuses. *Shudders* That does not mean that I don't want to be able to complete 10 or 20 encounters (battles and negotiations) in GBG most days, or that I want to be locked out of it. Sadly, it also means that all to often I do end up in Diamond league, and get locked out of the GBG map as two "high ranking" (shudder quotes) guilds farm the map to the exclusion of everyone else.

Bottom line is that "best guild" means different things to different players, and depends on the players style, the amount of time they have for the game, and what they enjoy. My experience is that most players have no desire to be in one of the "best guilds" as defined by many people in this thread. That doesn't mean they want to be totally locked out of part of it, and I honestly believe that what Inno should be doing (and is trying to do here) is make the game enjoyable for the largest number of players. You may disagree with the way Inno is trying to do that, but if everyone would stop it with the implicit and unfounded assumptions as to what a "good guild" is and think about how do we make the game fun and exciting for everyone, we would not need 158 (and counting) pages of discussion that is 90% repetition based on different starting places.

*off soap box and back into lurker mode*

Yekk

Viceroy
What nonsens again , your guild is ranked 23 does it mean 22 guilds are better ???? No just like we you are not on the GvG map anymore , taking a few sectors and you and we jump big in the ranking.
I was talking on live...on guilds ranked 40-59... keep up please. Cutting my post does not make you right or correct...

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Juber :
without applying the nerf to live worlds, any observations made on Dunarsund are irrelevant.

without announcement of the arrival of the nerf on the live servers, we cannot read the good ideas of some because you do not moderate.

Without reading the good ideas, one cannot move on to constructive discussions.

So when does Inno plan to test this nerf on live servers?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I think you misunderstood the feedback page approach. The feedback page is not there to discuss anything at all. It is only for us to receive feedback without any interference. It is simply to make the work for us easier/doable. I am not payed for reading all the discussion here and simply don't have the time for it. This is why we went this way and moderated the feedback thread.
If we would set all feedback posts to public now, then all the new feedback would only refer to the old one. This is exactly the opposite of what we want.

Yekk

Viceroy
actually the majority on the beta server isn't even playing GBG o_O
Beta is not representative. Only on beta could a guild ranked 110th be in a diamond league. It's international flavor mixed with the fact many live players play here to see upcoming changes, without actually working their character, made it the worst spot to test the nerf.

Yekk

Viceroy
I think you misunderstood the feedback page approach. The feedback page is not there to discuss anything at all. It is only for us to receive feedback without any interference. It is simply to make the work for us easier/doable. I am not payed for reading all the discussion here and simply don't have the time for it. This is why we went this way and moderated the feedback thread.
If we would set all feedback posts to public now, then all the new feedback would only refer to the old one. This is exactly the opposite of what we want.
I run a company, have a real life, and still can read all the posts here. Your job is actually to read all the posts...Moving this thread to discussion was not a good move...

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I run a company, have a real life, and still can read all the posts here. Your job is actually to read all the posts...Moving this thread to discussion was not a good move...
Great that you have time for it, I don't.
And no, it is not my job to read every comment in the forum. No company will pay you for doing this. It is my job to build and interact with the community, forward feedback, report issues, etc.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I knew I said I was sitting this discussion out for the duration of this round, but I have to put forth on my two bits...

The so-called "best" guilds I had been in are nothing to be glorified about. While many do have their "high horse" expectations, they deliver short on helping the player advance. I am sure there are those I have not been a part of that might do as they so stated, but I am reserved to my own opinion on the concept. A best guild isn't by power; it's basically on how others help each other to press forward. You can have a few gung-hos churning thousands of fights, but that doesn't make it a best guild if the other folks are not able to do the same.

I am still have my notions about this nerf because it felt like Inno's had placed a petrol ration for every player by taking the only ability to help them grow; you can't say "farming" because well, we don't get the rewards after each battle/negotiation, so it was sensible to just limit the fights to a certain number (just like RQs), and not burning everyone else on their attrition.

However, I am one who would want to see this unfold during a live server test. Why? Because that way, Inno can have their data, and I can watch if things go south as a result, hopefully before I take another road trip to the next mission in real life for a cabling project.
And this is our fault? It's poor management at its worst to be honest. Had this been my rodeo and dance, I would have multiple threads (round numbers included) and close them upon the round end; not recycle one thread that gets piled on with past posts that would be unbearable to comprehend.

Yekk

Viceroy
Great that you have time for it, I don't.
And no, it is not my job to read every comment in the forum. No company will pay you for doing this. It is my job to build and interact with the community, forward feedback, report issues, etc.
In the past you have said the opposite many many times...only when the thread is in opposition to your views did you change your own rules...

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
In the past you have said the opposite many many times...only when the thread is in opposition to your views did you change your own rules...
Then please quote the post.
I remember that I said that activity in the forum is part of my job, but not, that I have to read every post.

Yekk

Viceroy
really ?

in my live world there are 150+ diamond guilds :rolleyes:
I stand corrected. But doesn't that show a problem exists which has and is being talked about here? A problem Inno has ignored. Guild placing? My guess is you are on a German world? Mine is representative of the US with about 4700 active players each event.

The one thing we agree on is Inno has not addressed the full problem. Juber's posts prove that...

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I think you misunderstood the feedback page approach. The feedback page is not there to discuss anything at all. It is only for us to receive feedback without any interference. It is simply to make the work for us easier/doable. I am not payed for reading all the discussion here and simply don't have the time for it.
I understand but not being able to read this thread with certainly good ideas, makes me think more that Inno does not want transparency.

And you haven't answered my main question: when is the live implementation scheduled according to your schedule?

Because I'm sure your numbers will be closer in real test than here where some players test everything but are not destined to last in GbG.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
The one thing we agree on is Inno has not addressed the full problem. Juber's posts prove that...
This change was never intended to be an all around solution for every problem gbg has. It is simply one change made and it is being tested how it influences the game.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I understand but not being able to read this thread with certainly good ideas, makes me think more that Inno does not want transparency.

And you haven't answered my main question: when is the live implementation scheduled according to your schedule?

Because I'm sure your numbers will be closer in real test than here where some players test everything but are not destined to last in GbG.
It has nothing to do with transparency. I think this word gets overused a lot lately and many don't realize what it actually means. We were transparent on why we made this change and how we forward your feedback. But we can't give more than we have. The approach with the feedback thread is necessary to have useful feedback. If we would not have done this, I would do nothing more than reading and scanning all comments and would have no time to forward other feedback, report bugs, test new features and fulfill any other task that I have to do. This would be very bad.

Also, as always we don't have any estimate on when it might go live, but we will announce it of course. I thought this was known by now, so I did not write it.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
You don't have a date or you don't have the right to disclose it at the moment?

I appreciate you for a long time on the German forum but I only regret that such a language of wood is imposed on you!

You can say I have a crystal ball or got this information strangely, anyway my little finger told me the nerf was slated for Thursday September 1st on the live servers.