• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: New feature in GvG ?

GKCollect

Farmer
Troubleshooting
Yes
Hello.
First of all i would like frrom you to forgive my poor English.

I've noticed that there is a new feature in GvG battles.
This feature apllies in almost every movement in GvG and freezes the game.

Some examples.
When deploy a siege at a section and go to other section to put other siege.
When you try to change age map fast from the menu.
When trying to deploy a siege and some other player deploy it at the same time.
When trying to put a defense and other player put a defense at the same time.
When trying to make a battle and other player make the battle at the same time.
And many more movements.

All these are good, to prevent somethink... BUT... When many players make movements in the game, at the same time, the game freezes a lot and if you want to continue you have to refresh the browser many times. This is slowing to much the game for the players and make the game very boring with all these errors.

The message is this, in the picture.
If you want any details, or some video of creation, inform me.

Browser or App version and version number
All browsers
Recreation steps
Many players make together some movements in GvG. Example... Try to put siege in section when already has a siege.
Frequency
Every time
Can this be reproduced?
Yes

Attachments

• ____a00a.jpg
    ____a00a.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 89

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Sorry I am not sure what exactly you mean, because your description is a bit unclear to me. A video would help.

There is a problem with GvG freezing since late june, but I don't know if you mean that or a new issue.

Nessie

Baronet
I have the same problems since long and it is not so very difficult to understand what GKCollect describes

GKCollect

Farmer
I believe its the freezing problem you are saying.
But now its freezing at everything you try to do in GvG. Yesterday i make 8 times refresh in 4 minutes because i was trying to make some battles. And at the end i achieve to make 13 battles only. If its fine to make 13 battles in 4 minutes, its OK. A day before when i try to put a defense in our sector, not at the time of battles, it freezes in 1st defence i put.

F.O.E. i believe it means Forge Of Empires. Not Freeze Of Empires.

GKCollect

Farmer
I've ceate a video with sample of the error.

I am trying to place a siege in sector 23,74 that already has shield.
The game provides a message that there was a sync error.
By pressing OK im that message, it shows again the same message. Pressing OK again the game freezes.
There is no way to enter on any section, or make anything except browser refresh.

This error occurs at any time. In battles, sieges, defences, map changes, almost everywehere. The game freezes an must make browser refresh.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
I am trying to place a siege in sector 23,74 that already has shield.
Did the sector get a shield while you were on the map? It is not even a landing zone sector, therefore you shouldn't be able to attack it at all. Did you own an adjacent sector before?

By pressing OK im that message, it shows again the same message. Pressing OK again the game freezes.
This issue has already been reported.

GKCollect

Farmer
This is an example to show you that the game freezes and needs refresh.
The sector has already shield, so i can't attack. The message is correct and the game must continue after OK.
This does not happen. The games freeze.
This freeze happens in siege, battle, changing sector, add defence, changing maps. Everywhere.
Yesterday, just enetring in sectors without fights or sieges and... 4 freezes in 1 minute.

Forge is the name, Freeze is the game.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Like I said, the freezing issue has already been reported.

Still, I want to understand how you were able to see the "place siege" dialogue, because that should not be possible in the first place. Thank you.

Owl II

Emperor
Still, I want to understand how you were able to see the "place siege" dialogue, because that should not be possible in the first place. Thank you.
Oh, dear Fire Witch, this is not the biggest misunderstanding that you can meet on the maps of the GvG during the recount:) If you haven't updated the map after the recount, then in fact the shields have already fallen, but you still see sectors with shields. You can put sieges and hit, although. But TS describes a different situation, it seems

Owl II

Emperor
I know that :) But the video was taken some hours before the update.
Well, I can suggest another bug for consideration: You are trying to get into one sector, but when the army window opens, it shows the sector you were in earlier:) GvG is filled with such wonders.
Here, I think the window of army was opened before the sector was captured

Last edited:

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
I play a lot of GvG and know about the bugs :)

I received information on the how, so everything is clear to me now.

GKCollect

Farmer
In fact, freezing is very annoying and hinders. But we are already used to the bugs of the GvG are not on the list for fix. And it's sad

Hmmmm..... This is true ? Absolutely true ? ... or ... Wondering... I don't know.

The freezing problem appeared in the last few months.
This means that there has been an intervention in the GvG code or in the management of GvG errors.
Why? ... Just wondering... Accidentally or with purpose? They don't have list of fix or they have list of destroy ?

I don't know.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
Hmmmm..... This is true ? Absolutely true ? ... or ... Wondering... I don't know.

The freezing problem appeared in the last few months.
This means that there has been an intervention in the GvG code or in the management of GvG errors.
Why? ... Just wondering... Accidentally or with purpose? They don't have list of fix or they have list of destroy ?

I don't know.
You answered your own question. Freezing appeared a few months ago. The moderator confirmed that the developer is aware of this. Conclusion?

-Alin-

Emperor
The team that worked and built GvG quit InnoGames as we were told some times here on this forum long ago before the GbG appearence. The other developers only worked on transferring it from Flash Player to HTML5, but not anything else was made for it(except the changes from 2019 with shields and sectors that were reverted because it was much worse than is GvG known today), only some fixing on some bugs have been made in GVG since and nothing else.
I do wonder if this is a bug or it is a feature to monitor the people that deploy sieges with macros and scripts, making GvG slower and laggish ...