• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GB modern era

• Thread starter DeletedUser4370
  • Start date

DeletedUser4370

already there is some information about the GB of the modern era and their bonus?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No estoy de acuerdo en que se cambien cosas que en su momento se fijaron como la defensa del 4% de cada torre vigia, deben de seguir dando ese 4% de defensa las Torres Vigia para eso mucha gente invertio en diamantes y sus esfuerzos fueron encaminados a conseguirlas

Birtha (Google Translate) said:
I do not agree that things that once were set defense 4% of each watchtower, should continue to give this 4% defense Towers Vigia is changing for that much invested it people in diamonds and their efforts were aimed to get them

Yes, people invested in the watchfires, but there were an even larger investment per player for all the goods-giving GBs, and they got ripped without problem, to change something that even wasn't unbalanced. So I don't really see the problem why this couldn't be applied to watchfires, when the defense is in the needs of an urgent balance-fix? As said before, the only way to actually balance this out in a "working" way is to remove the watchfires, and to make the changes described in a few posts above to the defensive GBs. They can try to do it in some other way but as long as watchfires still exists it will not work.

BestWarrior

Baronet
@falcon93,
I don't know why do you want to change the WF's, and more, i don't know why do you say the defense is unbalanced if with 150% you can break defenses of 700 or more...
Do you have anyone in your neighborhood with so many WF's that you can't beat it?
The only thing we need, is a GB with a simultaneous boost of defense and atack. A new GB or changing Deal Castle and S.Basil's would be the solution.

DeletedUser4008

There is no such thing of unbalance from WF.s
All forums are full of players who complain that they are being plunder, or they dislike that a player less than in rank pass over theyr army ... and so invents ideas.

If someone think that WF's create advantage ask him to give me pm and i'll show him opposite...

DeletedUser

@falcon93,
I don't know why do you want to change the WF's, and more, i don't know why do you say the defense is unbalanced if with 150% you can break defenses of 700 or more...
Do you have anyone in your neighborhood with so many WF's that you can't beat it?
The only thing we need, is a GB with a simultaneous boost of defense and atack. A new GB or changing Deal Castle and S.Basil's would be the solution.

Yes, that is the exact problem :) A player with +700% defensive boost can't hold off a player that only has +150% offensive boost. The reason for this is because the defender does not have a boosted attack, and therefore, the defending units still have the ordinary attack-value, which will hardly make any scratches to a +150% boosted attacker.

To solve this, they need to boost the attack-value for the defenders. If the 2 defensive GBs give a total of +200% boost to attack and defense, defenses would get to difficult to breach. Therefore, the boost per GB level needs to be cut in half, meaning that 1 level only gives +5% boost to attack and defense.

And now, why does the watchfires need to get raped? Well, if defensive boost were to boost both attack and defense, 1 WF would give +4% boost to both attack and defense. A player with 40 WFs would have +160% boost to attack and defense from just the WFs! This wont work, therefore the WFs needs to be removed :)

If they just add a GB that boost attack when defending, and keep the WFs as they are, we will have loads of cities that are impossible to break! +50% attack and +700% defense will be impossible to breach. Also, allowing players to have unlimited defense is just redicolus, sure, they need to use a lot of space from their city, but still, its a massive imbalance.

If WFs were to be removed, a player would be able to have a maximum of +120% in defense, and even better would be if they added one more "special" defense building like the monastery, but for a later age. This building could offer +30% defensive bonus, resulting in a PERFECT balance:

Attacker: Maximum +150% boost.
Defender: Maximum +150% boost.

DeletedUser

Yes, that is the exact problem :) A player with +700% defensive boost can't hold off a player that only has +150% offensive boost. The reason for this is because the defender does not have a boosted attack, and therefore, the defending units still have the ordinary attack-value, which will hardly make any scratches to a +150% boosted attacker

Btw I'm just wondering, but have you ever actually fought against 700% defense bonus? You talk like it's some routine walkover...It's an unwinneble fight for attacker if he doesn't take perfect units and even then that 1 fight will take up more time than many dozens of normal fights added together.

Matter of fact you can even take most correct units possible and still lose more often than win. For example there is nothing certain to kill 8 battletanks on 700% defense bonus with, at all. Bazooka way too weak, tank vs tank u still at damage disadvantage.

Rest of ur stuff as I said before, I pretty much agree with.

DeletedUser

Btw I'm just wondering, but have you ever actually fought against 700% defense bonus? You talk like it's some routine walkover...It's an unwinneble fight for attacker if he doesn't take perfect units and even then that 1 fight will take up more time than many dozens of normal fights added together.

Matter of fact you can even take most correct units possible and still lose more often than win. For example there is nothing certain to kill 8 battletanks on 700% defense bonus with, at all. Bazooka way too weak, tank vs tank u still at damage disadvantage.

Rest of ur stuff as I said before, I pretty much agree with.

Not against +700%, but I have fought against +440% when I only had 40-50% offensive bonus :) This was here on the beta server back when they had just released progressive era. I had just unlocked my snipers and decided to try them out, and this was against 8 pieces of +440% boosted howitzers. My snipers damaged 0-1 (with a greater chance of 0). I was lucky that this was when the AI was still a bit bugged and the howitzers stood still when there were to many trenches in the way and they couldn't reach anything. I think that battle took like 20 minutes and about 200 shots LOL :p

Anyhow, I agree with your point, but the thing is that a defense of +700% is just "aviable" for the ones that put a great amount of cash into the game, and even then, they have to use so much aviable space in their cities. In my opinion this is not a working mechanic. A good defense should be aviable for all players and it should not be possible to buy yourself immortality in any game. And what we have today is not a good defense, its possible to smash trough an entire neighborhood in one day, every day in the week.

DeletedUser4040

About the second GB of ME there are any news?
we know already that is athomium from belgia and give boost for goods and defence for pasive

DeletedUser

And now, why does the watchfires need to get raped? Well, if defensive boost were to boost both attack and defense, 1 WF would give +4% boost to both attack and defense. A player with 40 WFs would have +160% boost to attack and defense from just the WFs! This wont work, therefore the WFs needs to be removed
I dont agree with WF nerf. If you want balance so badly you can also delete all military bonuses from GB. No attack/defence bonuses, no problem, everyone will be fighting with the same strenght of units.

If they just add a GB that boost attack when defending, and keep the WFs as they are, we will have loads of cities that are impossible to break! +50% attack and +700% defense will be impossible to breach. Also, allowing players to have unlimited defense is just redicolus, sure, they need to use a lot of space from their city, but still, its a massive imbalance.
And it should be like that. I lost a lot of space and money for so many WF so I want have something for that.

DeletedUser

I dont agree with WF nerf. If you want balance so badly you can also delete all military bonuses from GB. No attack/defence bonuses, no problem, everyone will be fighting with the same strenght of units.

And it should be like that. I lost a lot of space and money for so many WF so I want have something for that.
lol

not nerfing WF but nerfing GBs :rolleyes:

people lost space and money for the GBs too :eek:

so if they delete all military bonuses from GBs that would include ALL WFs :p

DeletedUser

Not really. The boosts are great because they offer a difference between players that havn't reached the same level of advancement in the game yet. However, 2 equally advanced players that are maxed out in boosts should have an equal boost. If they were to remove the bonuses they would actually "flatten" the game, which would make all battles mostly the same.

I actaully find your argument really ortodox to be honest... First you say that you don't agree with the WF nerf because that would lower your defense, and then in the quote below, you say that you've put a lot of space and money into buying loads of WFs, also to improve your defense. The only reason a player would invest in watchfires is because of improving the defense, and I'm sure that applies to you aswell. However, the only part you noticed specifically was that the WFs should be nerfed, what you obviusly missed was that the defensive boost would affect the attack-value aswell. That +100% boost to attack would actually benefit you much more in terms of defense than even 40 WFs.

Consider that before complaining about a suggestion that you obviusly don't understand :)

I lost a lot of space and money for so many WF so I want have something for that.

This is also pretty strange. You say that you've lost a lot of space for your WFs, but still you would rather keep them and reject a suggestion that would let you remove them and still have a better defense...

And it should be like that. I lost a lot of space and money [...]

Really? :confused: You know what? Many players would be willing to offer both much space and LOADS of money in order to buy a nuclear weapons factory that would allow them to produce nuclear weapons. When using a nuclear missile against another player, that players city will get blown back to the iron age. This sounds like a great idea, doesn't it??? :)

DeletedUser

lol

not nerfing WF but nerfing GBs

people lost space and money for the GBs too

so if they delete all military bonuses from GBs that would include ALL WFs
Thats what's i'm talking about. If you want nerf WF on which people spent space and money why don't you nerf GB, it the same solution. Why only WF holders should be disadvantaged? Let everyone loses something.

Not really. The boosts are great because they offer a difference between players that havn't reached the same level of advancement in the game yet. However, 2 equally advanced players that are maxed out in boosts should have an equal boost. If they were to remove the bonuses they would actually "flatten" the game, which would make all battles mostly the same.
What don't let you reach 700% defence and match to players which are you talking about?
You bought and expanded GB because you wanted to have an advantage, I bought WF because I wanted to have advantage and indeed I would like to have it.

I actaully find your argument really ortodox to be honest... First you say that you don't agree with the WF nerf because that would lower your defense, and then in the quote below, you say that you've put a lot of space and money into buying loads of WFs, also to improve your defense...
You don't understand what I'm saying. I wanted to say that WF nerf would be as bad as GB nerf. Only WF nerf would hit in a smaller group of people. Leave WF alone, add some attack to our defence without nerfing WF. You say that people with 700% defence and some attack bonus in town defence would have adventage... sure because they should. They bought it and deserve on this.

Really? You know what? Many players would be willing to offer both much space and LOADS of money in order to buy a nuclear weapons factory that would allow them to produce nuclear weapons. When using a nuclear missile against another player, that players city will get blown back to the iron age. This sounds like a great idea, doesn't it???
It's not the same, this thing don't exist right now, so nobody looses, but you want to take my WF in order to do something better for everybody. Why only I should lose something? will you refund my WF?

laclongquan

Steward
Way off topic here, what was the original question again? Oh 2nd ME GB bonus. I post about this defend/attack bonus problem in US server a year ago, yet there is no improvement, what make you think it will be getting better in the near future?

DeletedUser

i found the disappointing 2nd ME GB :(

happiness and goods for the guild treasury :mad:

attachment.php

Attachments

• gb2.jpg
    gb2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 249

DeletedUser

I don't get this... First you nerf our goods producing GBs so that they don't produce current age goods as they promised to do when we paid for them. Now you're starting to introduce new GBs that offers the same thing again??? And why donating them directly to the treasury?

I vote for this:
- Revert all goods GBs to the state that they was in before (giving current era goods in the same amount as before).
- Same thing for wishing wells.
- Let us donate goods to the treasury by ourselves, don't do it automatically.

Last edited by a moderator: