• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler 2022 Wildlife Event

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
So, the game should drop after 10+ years all the sudden combat?
I never said nor implied that. So please don't act like I did.

Also @Finkadel didn't disrespect vegan lifestyle, rather used it as an metaphor.

Agree to disagree.

By compromising the opportunities battle minded players where given through various buildings? I sense an strong presence of envy

I sense a strong presense of bias.
You don't want your little toys to be taken away, so to speak. I get that.
But it's time the toys were shared around in a more fair way. To stay with that analogy.
I'm not asking for your toys to be taken away. I'm asking for my toys to be made equal to yours.

If you can't tell the difference between "violence" in a war game and real violence, it's really time to tune out. Your comparison is as unsuitable as playing Candycrush and claiming after X years of play the ability to drive a car.

That's a completely hyperbole remark. Of course I understand the difference.
So please don't be silly.

Then, FOE has always been clear about its abilities since the beginning, if you like the spirit but not the fights, test Evelnar!

I did. I don't like that setting or aesthetic.

So thank you for not wanting to impose a change that goes against the basis of the game and the desire of the players.

I want more of a fair balance. That's all. No need to act so defensive.
If a game offers 2 options to play it, but one has many more variations/gimmicks/systems then there is an unbalance.
If you'd look at it objectively, you'd agree that that is a fact. But I guess you guys can't do that.

Finally I don't understand you, if YOU don't want the combat part, nothing imposes it on you! Certainly it will be difficult but an assumed choice. I hate negotiations, I do almost none, by choice, although I am aware that I slow down the construction of my castle! Should I do like you and claim that the negotiation points that I don't win are automatically attributed to me or converted into fights?

That is not what I do though. I'm asking for an unbalanced situation to be made more balanced.
I'm not asking for combat to be removed or made less. No, I'm asking for negotiations to be made more.
That's a substantial difference that you guys seem to be missing here.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As much as people are prepared to celebrate this event's return, there should be a certain amount of trepidation as to how much it'll be changed.

Emberguard

Emperor
Besides, when we compare the number of players to FOE and Evelnar, we realize that the majority prefer the fights to a remake of simcity! So thank you for not wanting to impose a change that goes against the basis of the game and the desire of the players
Biggest problem with that comparison, is that Forge of Empires came first. Had Elvenar come first, we very likely would have the exact same sort of scenario but in reverse (more on Elvenar when compared to Forge).

Fact is when you have a copycat product, it’s extremely rare for it to do better than the original unless it does it exceptionally better than the original. Because usually the copy is just a cheaper version or doesn’t differentiate itself enough from the original to be worth pursuing if you’re already into the original.

Also Elvenar still has fighting. Just not to the same extent

But on the flipside, I'd like this game to have some more support for people who want to play this game in a non-combat way.
the game was originally designed with combat and aging up in mind, with both functions supporting the other functions growth. So it would be rather difficult to separate it from the game without watering down the game design

In what way would you define support for non-combat style, in a way that would be sufficient to you?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Also Elvenar still has fighting. Just not to the same extent

Elvenar's fighting system actually i found to be pretty fun conceptually - and different enough from FoEs even though they're both hex and turn-based. On the other hand it had rather extreme technical issues for me which every 3 or 4 fights I'd have to reload the entire game because assets would vanish. And generally speaking negotiating would outperform it at the edge of content for me anyways so I just started to ignore its existence.

Ultimately my attempts to take up Elvenar would get dropped because there just wasn't very interesting content to work towards that I'd notice.

FoE hooked me by plundering neighbors and GvG. It's held me around even when I think it's a steaming pile of crap by social contacts that I feel bad for leaving behind.

Elvenar has... a weekly tournament where I'd get furthest by focusing on dumping goods at it? (roughly a GE-equivalent in feel I guess) And it was impossible to find a guild with even 1 active other person to build a social connection with because it has deficient communication methods. That for a while it looked like they were planning to change FoE to too (i.e. eliminating Global chat).

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
In what way would you define support for non-combat style, in a way that would be sufficient to you?

Like I said earlier:
There should be more ways to make negotiations easier/cheaper/faster (just like there are ways to do that with combat).

More points from negotiations? Or more negotiations in general?

Right now negotiations are mostly the 'worse choice' if you can choose between combat or negotiating.
Because combat has so many modifiers and GB's that add special powers that the challenge is mostly just gone.

So I'd like to see such things for negotiations too. Just from the top of my head, here's a few examples:

- A GB that gives you X% less goods needed for negotiations.
- A GB that gives you a low % chance to get a 'crit' when you correctly solve a negotiation - making it cost nothing.
- Some type of ability where you can 'spy' one particular good - you get all the correct locations for that good.
- A GB that gives you an extra turn on your first X negotiations (usable outside of the GEX too).
- A special type of goods you can use as a replacement for any other goods - should of course be very rare to get.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I never said nor implied that. So please don't act like I did.
Yes you did, you said fighting shouldn't be something normal. In other words they should remove it.
I sense a strong presense of bias.
You don't want your little toys to be taken away, so to speak. I get that.
LOL, if I was bias I would've been envious towards negotiations. I'm not the one that started an nonsense disgust post towards other's choice to peacefully negotiate. In the other hand you've proposed to forcing you're choice upon everyone. So, you're not just envious but bias for pointing fingers with false accusations.
But it's time the toys were shared around in a more fair way. To stay with that analogy.
I'm not asking for your toys to be taken away. I'm asking for my toys to be made equal to yours.
Whaha you wanted to capping the maximum military bonus. Not to making you're toys more equal, just by nerfing others.
Forgetting that the toys are already pretty close in GbG:
1x victorious negotiation = 2x victorious fights
Automatic negotiation function
You're only bringing an bad name on those who negotiate and respect other's choice to fight.
In any case if ultimate equality is the goal, they should also just remove the extra turn for negotiations in the tavern. Cause it's also unfair for those who fight. They don't have an feature that's equal to it. Alternitv they should introduce an similar bonus but just one that will revive 1 dead unit after each battle for 15 mins or longer similar to extra negotiation turn.
Agree to disagree.
Matter of facts. Metaphors are neutral and not an sign of disrespect. I respect that you're seeing metaphors as something disrespectful but also using an metaphor toward toys. Forcing me to assume you're disrespecting toys, toy stores and manufacturers of them.
if you like the spirit but not the fights, test Evelnar!
Hardcore pacifists won't like the fighting in Elvenar.

Finkadel

Marquis
The fact that you call it 'vegan' says a lot about you and your disrespect for other lifestyles.
Violence is not normal. It should not be the norm.

Anyway, I don't want to 'ban' anyone from playing this game the way they like it.
But on the flipside, I'd like this game to have some more support for people who want to play this game in a non-combat way.
I think there is too much focus on combat (from players) because it is the easier/better way in terms of risk/reward. That is what I want to be fixed or balanced out. There should be more ways to make negotiations easier/cheaper/faster (just like there are ways to do that with combat).
Yes, I call your style "vegan" - those small marks are there purposefully. And while I say further I know people playing vegan FoE and thery are doing great - you say I have no respect. Mindblowing...

No, I don't think game built around fights should have any more support for non-combat playstyle. It's like those vegans who are trying to make their cats vegan - they are hurting the animals. What you say is you want to hurt our playstyle because that suits you. Now I call that disrespectful.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
Yes you did, you said fighting shouldn't be something normal. In other words they should remove it.

That's you interpreting it wrong.
That's not what I said or implied.

LOL, if I was bias I would've been envious towards negotiations.

No because negotiations are worse off. Why would you be envious towards something that is worse off?

In the other hand you've proposed to forcing you're choice upon everyone.

You keep saying that nonsense. I didn't.
And you saying I did means nothing; you're wrong.

Whaha you wanted to capping the maximum military bonus.

It's just one way Inno could fix their game. Because it's running rampant and is completely unbalanced.
I'm not saying I want that solution perse, but I do want this solved.

Automatic negotiation function

Doesn't exist?

In any case if ultimate equality is the goal, they should also just remove the extra turn for negotiations in the tavern. Cause it's also unfair for those who fight. They don't have an feature that's equal to it.

Oooh no there's no attack bonuses in the tavern at all. There's no GB's that give you crits, that give you auto kills at the start. Etc.
Come on now... At least TRY and look at this objectively.

Matter of facts. Metaphors are neutral and not an sign of disrespect. I respect that you're seeing metaphors as something disrespectful but also using an metaphor toward toys. Forcing me to assume you're disrespecting toys, toy stores and manufacturers of them.

Your grasping at straws is tiresome.
It's the way he used the term. His intention was pretty clear.

No, I don't think game built around fights should have any more support for non-combat playstyle.

Fine, then we agree to disagree because I do.

It's like those vegans who are trying to make their cats vegan - they are hurting the animals.

Again with the vegan remarks. Stop it.
This is about playing a game. Something else entirely.

What you say is you want to hurt our playstyle because that suits you. Now I call that disrespectful.

Sigh. I'm NOT.
I want to elevate 'my' playstyle. Big, big, BIG, HUGE, enormous difference.

Anyway, I'm done talking to you two. We disagree and that's fine, but you're disrespectful, you're unwilling to admit you made a mistake with your interpretation of what I said and you're biased and clearly have no intention of discussing this objectively.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What does B mean in GbG?
So negotiations are for me an aberration in GbG.

You want more balance between fights and negotiations but you don't talk about GvG?!?

You speak on behalf of part of the community and again you admit to disagreeing with the non-silent part. The questioning should therefore be genuinely considered on your side.

The speakers explain to you calmly that they do not share your opinion and instead of debating you limit yourself to saying that they are biased or that they do not understand anything. This shows that you don't know how to discuss, but just impose your vision of the game.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
The wildlife are debating whether to negotiate or fight each other :p
Actually rather debating why it's an bad idea to restrict military bonuses just so one person with an "vegan"-playstyle can feel "better" and defending against bias finger pointing. Envy is an strange emotion.
@Kranyar the Mysterious and @DEADP00L made me realise with their last posts it's no use to keeping up an mirror while the addressed doesn't want to look into the mirror, so to speak. Just saying I'm not disrespecting mirrors for using it as an metaphorical description. Before an entire nonsense discussion starts of me "disrespecting" mirrors.:eek: That's why I've removed my last post.

On topic, hopefully this new wild life event doesn't feature an new set. An chain building would probably be difficult. Though I can imagine something like the hippodromes. Something like an bridge with various types and bonuses. To be placed in between two main parts. Would be interesting to see something like that for an change again.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Imagine a "zoo" wildlife set! With a lot of different animals so that we could all create our own zoos! Not that they are always great for the animals, especially not cramped ones like a set would be... but still, it's just a game, so I'd love to see something like that :p

Imagine a "zoo" wildlife set! With a lot of different animals so that we could all create our own zoos! Not that they are always great for the animals, especially not cramped ones like a set would be... but still, it's just a game, so I'd love to see something like that :p
Maybe getting additional pieces to add to the set each year during the wildlife event, as secondary buildings to expand the set. Could make for some interesting setups if designed right!

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I think an safari or nature reserve set with each year an additional grand piece would be awesome. Along with various non-road pieces. It would fit really well with the wildlife theme and could kinda work for any age. It's also virtual animal friendly.:) It could become something to look forward to.
If the space ages only had some unique 1-time set building for each space age you've completed, offering something really good... that would be such an amazing dream.

Dessire

Regent
I would preffer something like the terracotta vineyard! but decorations must have a 3x1 size and each one give 5 FPs!! ufff my blue galaxy would explode of happyness with such building and decorations! :D