• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2022

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Pat22logofinal.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Wednesday, January 12th, our St. Patrick's Day Event returns!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Ship goes brr and left to right to left to right…" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I know there are lots of mixed feelings about this event, but I'm definitely looking forward to it! I'm a bit disappointed though that it appears to be just the same as last year. I suppose we'll see on Wednesday, but I would love to see some slight changes and improvements to the event. One of the main drawbacks compared to most events is the lack of daily specials, so getting selection kits for previous year buildings is very tough. I think a simple change would be to remove all chest rewards that are not from previous events, this would at least make it easier to get them, but I had hoped for a slight rework to the way you got these rewards to make it easier :(

Dinamite

Farmer
For me this is the most horrible event of the year, without daily prizes, a very laborious and mechanical theme. And this feels even more so when the forge bowl 2022 was so generous, going from more to less always discourages.

Even so, everything adds up and we all want to improve our cities, there is no other choice but to do the event, I just hope that the main prize is worth it ...

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
The main prize looks great. This was my first event and I kind of hated the mechanics but this time I think I'll be able to tackle this. I agree with @MooingCat that selection kits for the previous grand prizes should be easier to get, I need to complete my Druids temple!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You just had to make the prize for this event compelling :p If there's one event I'd love to take off it's this one.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Well, St. Patrick is an Event without any Daily Specials. So it would be more difficult to implement it in this Event. ;)
Daily specials could be added by implementing random rewards for each milestone task completed. For example 15-20% chance for an daily and variable chances for other random stuff similar to other events.

That been said I'm looking forward to my favourite event. As this event besides Wild Life event features an actual minigame we can play daily and play actually strategically. Rather then just saving up event currency and spending it all at once when an daily shows up I like to get. Halloween and archeology event featured decant minigames but the odds for dailies where unreasonable low and featured similar to football and spring only mild strategical options. Summer & winter event are my least liked events due to their reliance on games of chance and extreme reliance on luck due to the nature of games of chance.

Kronan

Viceroy
Ditto! I love this event. It's a RUBE GOLDBERG machine (linear programming for you math geeks!) It's fun to spin the knobs and dials and make the thing work, work, work!

I'm not sure I'm resourced over here to play this (do the quests...) but I will play it Live when it arrives.

PS: Interesting decision to BREAK the limit we've been bouncing off a few times of @ 24 total squares of space for the event super-prize. Hmm. 30 squares? Very "expensive". I like leaner monoliths that deliver more overall value (like Eagle Mountain, or House of Wolf/Demon). Those are real gems.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
PS: Interesting decision to BREAK the limit of 24 total squares of space for the event super-prize. Hmm. 30 squares? Very "expensive". I like leaner monoliths that deliver more overall value (like Eagle Mountain, or House of Wolf/Demon). Those are real gems.

It's not the first time they've gone big footprint. Pirate Hideout was 5x6, Governor's Villa was 5x6, sets are often bigger too. I think in general large-footprint buildings are usually more of a hit because they can also have more stats - which for someone who has a bunch of crap to get rid of in their city still is a better value (contingent on the new building not being crap itself ;))

Kronan

Viceroy
It's not the first time they've gone big footprint. Pirate Hideout was 5x6, Governor's Villa was 5x6, sets are often bigger too. I think in general large-footprint buildings are usually more of a hit because they can also have more stats - which for someone who has a bunch of crap to get rid of in their city still is a better value (contingent on the new building not being crap itself ;))

Indeed, XiV! You're right. Thinking through those buildings yo mentioned... I have a GV and the 4 warriors was a terrific idea, with a TON of goods and attack too, with modest FP. Yes, a keeper.

The PH was a square 30 monolith too, yes. But had bolt on capability, always fun.

Maybe I need some time for this 2022 Celtic Farmstead item to resonate for value. It didn't jump out and grab me as the others have.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Indeed, XiV! You're right. Thinking through those buildings yo mentioned... I have a GV and the 4 warriors was a terrific idea, with a TON of goods and attack too, with modest FP. Yes, a keeper.

The PH was a square 30 monolith too, yes. But had bolt on capability, always fun.

Maybe I need some time for this 2022 Celtic Farmstead item to resonate for value. It didn't jump out and grab me as the others have.

At 13 FP, it's one of the best BG targets. And your typical BG owner does want ~14 targets for it. Other buildings that pass it either are reliant on lots of chain items attached to them as well and thus a huge footprint, or are reliant on RNG FP (like the pirate hideout = avg 16 FP) which doesn't resonate well with everyone.

35% Attack is also very good. Not a new best in efficiency or anything - but at 79% of the best (which is fall fields layouts) in a multipurpose building, very solid.

Goods & TGoods are in respectable quantities as well - not that everyone cares but that does add some value (and unlike the Forge Bowl building it's not really giving up useful things to include them)

Ditto! I love this event. It's a RUBE GOLDBERG machine (linear programming for you math geeks!) It's fun to spin the knobs and dials and make the thing work, work, work!
The requirements to unlock buildings is exponential, that's the biggest reason people hate the event - halfway through it starts taking hours and hours and overnight and then next day to unlock the next building. That's also my biggest complaint, it SHOULD be linear, not necessarily faster, but not drag on like a dog in a hot street.

I also love cookie clicker, I just wish the endings were more tolerable. It's just such a pain to get the final stretch.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The requirements to unlock buildings is exponential, that's the biggest reason people hate the event - halfway through it starts taking hours and hours and overnight and then next day to unlock the next building. That's also my biggest complaint, it SHOULD be linear, not necessarily faster, but not drag on like a dog in a hot street.

I also love cookie clicker, I just wish the endings were more tolerable. It's just such a pain to get the final stretch.

Honestly I wish it wasn't quite so shallow. i.e. "The most recent factory is the only one that matters. Ever. The rest are just grist for tasks". Typically games of this style will have earlier buildings catch back up at higher tiers. They'll also unlock multipliers so that each run through is a bit different and you have to figure out for different phases when it's best to pivot back to an older factory.

i.e. Maybe (with adjustment) the level 400 hat or flower factory have caught up enough to be more cost-effective than fireworks. Not at all relevant for the first run because you won't unlock them - they cost too much. But if you have a 10* speed one with a higher objective to reach, maybe a) you can afford them and b) it's relevant.

Honestly I wish it wasn't quite so shallow. i.e. "The most recent factory is the only one that matters. Ever. The rest are just grist for tasks". Typically games of this style will have earlier buildings catch back up at higher tiers. They'll also unlock multipliers so that each run through is a bit different and you have to figure out for different phases when it's best to pivot back to an older factory.

i.e. Maybe (with adjustment) the level 400 hat or flower factory have caught up enough to be more cost-effective than fireworks. Not at all relevant for the first run because you won't unlock them - they cost too much. But if you have a 10* speed one with a higher objective to reach, maybe a) you can afford them and b) it's relevant.
I think that's just the thing, the cost is too great for the multiplyer benefit to pay off. That's why the boat and the other one on the left you stop at 100 (?) because it aint worth it after that. The cost is exponential !