• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2021

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Winter%20Logo%201.png

Greetings, queens and kings!
On Wednesday, October 06th, you can get many presents at this year's Winter Event!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We also appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "I think the quests are bad and I also think presents containing cakes are lies" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Best regards,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I'm excited to see what the building stats are and what the new train car gives :)

I'm quite surprised the Calendar returns unchanged from last year, it was very difficult/impossible to complete last year for free. Assuming similar number of event currency that we got last year, you should be able to open around 200 presents. That's just above 6 presents per day, no way near enough to get a key each day assuming even distribution of presents.

6zeva9

Baronet
I think the Calendar is too big and towards the end may prove harder to acquire the Keys even with the reduction in number of parts needed to get a full Key.
The Calendars in other Events are smaller and do indeed last the whole Event, however the mini-game in which the Gems & Stickers were available allowed for more to be found than with the Presents during the Winter Events.
Advent Calendars that are traditional at this time of year normally only have 24 doors or windows. This amount while more than other Events should still prove challenging to achieve over the 32 days of the Event.
Can we please look to reducing the Calendar to look more like an Advent Calendar and only have 24 doors to open.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Doesn’t it?:p Because I thought presents only contained virtual resources or currencies or buildings or items. Or is the cake (still) a lie..?

Looking forward to the event but hopefully the callander isn’t required for maxed out grand prize.
We'll have to see how the event is balanced, but if it's the similar to last year it should be very easy. If we assume 3 kits from milestones and 1 from surprise box we need another 6 kits. That's 11 grand prizes if we get kit every other grand prize, or 16 grand prizes if it's every third grand price. Assuming 10 candles per grand price, that's 10 presents per grand price, so 110 or 160 presents, which should be very easy unless they lowered the amount of stars you get. But let's see tomorrow :)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Can you tell us the parlor car bonus or we wait and see?
Or is it just a decoration?
I'm excited to see what the building stats are and what the new train car gives :)
Sadly we don't have the buildings data ready for you yet.
Doesn’t it?:p Because I thought presents only contained virtual resources or currencies or buildings or items. Or is the cake (still) a lie..?
I just said, that feedback like this is not helpful, I made no comment on what the presents actually contain. Maybe they are full of (cake) lies? ^^

Owl II

Emperor
Sadly we don't have the buildings data ready for you yet.

I just said, that feedback like this is not helpful, I made no comment on what the presents actually contain. Maybe they are full of (cake) lies? ^^
I still like him:) I hope the developers have the same opinion. Oops, sorry for the offtop;)

Havik79

Baronet
Am I reading this right, the only way to get the new train car is by getting lucky with getting all the calendar?.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
We'll have to see how the event is balanced, but if it's the similar to last year it should be very easy. If we assume 3 kits from milestones and 1 from surprise box we need another 6 kits. That's 11 grand prizes if we get kit every other grand prize, or 16 grand prizes if it's every third grand price. Assuming 10 candles per grand price, that's 10 presents per grand price, so 110 or 160 presents, which should be very easy unless they lowered the amount of stars you get. But let's see tomorrow :)
Sounds good but I’m afraid that event hub thingy takes away 1 of them.:/

I gave reasons as you’ve requested for any feedback.:p Now I’m hyped, can’t wait for the cake of Inno’s GLaDOS.:p

AGranolaBar

Squire
Am I reading this right, the only way to get the new train car is by getting lucky with getting all the calendar?.
As of now that looks like the only way. It only appears as a prize on full calendar. Might be that it might be also a daily or a reindeer prize.
My small disappointment comes from not being able to see what it actually gives as production. Could we know that?

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@AGranolaBar theatrically if you have 1 other car from the winter train in the inventory, you
can press on it and it should show all 4 options and you can see what they're doing. I've
tried for testing purpose to get one offered in my AD but after waisting lots of diamonds on
refreshes I've failed. Would love to see what it does too.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@AGranolaBar theatrically if you have 1 other car from the winter train in the inventory, you
can press on it and it should show all 4 options and you can see what they're doing. I've
tried for testing purpose to get one offered in my AD but after waisting lots of diamonds on
refreshes I've failed. Would love to see what it does too.

Just posted moments before you wrote this ;) It's (only) 5% defense for attacking army :/

At least the main building seems decent enough.

Owl II

Emperor
GP is worthy, in my opinion. I just don't understand why they are so persistent in imposing city defence bonuses. "We'll give you dessert. But only with broccoli." Daycare. I gave arguments of my position in relation to the bonuses of the defense of the city last year. I can repeat it if required

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
GP is worthy, in my opinion. I just don't understand why they are so persistent in imposing city defence bonuses. "We'll give you dessert. But only with broccoli." Daycare. I gave arguments of my position in relation to the bonuses of the defense of the city last year. I can repeat it if required

I think they're trying to sneak it in in places to make the PvP Arena fights more meaningful.