• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Summer Event returns for 2021

6zeva9

Baronet
My conclusion: Apart from the quests, boring - very boring. But hey, it's summer, it's hot, so it's okay...ish.

For newbies this is frustrating. When you just started playing FOE and are in Bronze or perhaps Iron the quests are really, really hard. Especially when, at that time, you have no experience yet on how to play the game, how to battle, how to trade goods to negotiate. So you will probably get that 1 doublone to log in and maybe a couple more.

With my experience from playing half a year, I managed to get my Pirate's Hideout to level 3. But that is only, because I knew how to trade. do ring trades and had enough friends and guild mates, that helped and traded even very small amounts multiple times. How would a newbie even know to do that?

Perhaps it would be a nice idea, if some quests would be adapted more to newbies up to Iron Age.
Just be glad you did not get stuck with quests that needed you to be able to access Guild Expedition and no realistic if any Alternative route. That Ends your involvement at that point.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Why do you want to succeed from your first event?
The purpose of events is to show your weaknesses in order to improve yourself.
If everything is given under the pretext that we are a beginner player, we might as well directly offer the special buildings at their maximum level.
Stop always preening from the bottom, insulting you beginners who have understood, THEM, what questioning is in a management game!

Goldilocks

Farmer
Just be glad you did not get stuck with quests that needed you to be able to access Guild Expedition and no realistic if any Alternative route. That Ends your involvement at that point.

Oh, I did. But with the help of good guild mates, one can advance quite quickly. But that needs a guild, where the 'Biggies' look after and help the 'Littles'. That by the way, what to look for in a guild is another thing I did not know, when I started playing.

But yes, all that takes time, which of course in events is limited. I really enjoyed to see, how far I could get. But had I encountered something like this within my first weeks of playing FOE.... I don't know, if I was still here.

Why do you want to succeed from your first event?
The purpose of events is to show your weaknesses in order to improve yourself.

And I thought, people play games to enjoy themselves, have fun. Think back, to when you started, being mildly interested in this new game, just checking it out. And then coming across such an event, where all you learn is to be frustrated.

If it is not possible to make certain quests easier for newbies, perhaps events should only appear, once one reaches a certain level. Perhaps together with the Guild Expedition.

Because InnoGames does not want to scare new users away. They want to earn money - and nobody spends money on their very first event, when the quests are so difficult (some even impossible) to fulfill.

wondering whether the pirate's hideout can be plundered, and if so what's taken? Fandom states it can be neither be motivated nor plundered, but saw that it can be motivated (by others or a the self-aid kit).

btw, the mobile popup is confusing: it shows the 40 FP both as permanent and random reward

The Babelus

Steward
Still do not understand the Fortune Wheel and why there is option to "Stop" the wheel. It is more than clear, that (at least on Desktop version), the prize is returned in response from the Server immediately after the Start button is pushed. So it is not important if you pushed Stop button or not, the whole Wheel stopping is just a little confusing theatre for the player. It is not very nice behaviour as many people have feeling they are able to change the prize with proper wheel stopping. They have their own weird strategies which they believe are working. And if not, they are really upset.
It would be fair to remove the stop button so people would know there is no way to influence the wheel spin

6zeva9

Baronet
Still do not understand the Fortune Wheel and why there is option to "Stop" the wheel. It is more than clear, that (at least on Desktop version), the prize is returned in response from the Server immediately after the Start button is pushed. So it is not important if you pushed Stop button or not, the whole Wheel stopping is just a little confusing theatre for the player. It is not very nice behaviour as many people have feeling they are able to change the prize with proper wheel stopping. They have their own weird strategies which they believe are working. And if not, they are really upset.
It would be fair to remove the stop button so people would know there is no way to influence the wheel spin
The stop button allows you to spin the wheel sooner, rather than watch it spin meaninglessly for nearly a minute.

Astrid

Baronet
I would like to point out something about the main building, The Pirate Hideout. It gives random stuff like Crow's Nest and Druid Temple, yet it can be motivated so when it's not I suppose it can be plundered. Also it has a very low motivation priority since it doesn't offer anything other than double happiness upon motivation I suppose. It is intended to be like this or is it a bug and actually the building can't be plundered ?