• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Your suggestion for our Community Sprint (version 1.209)

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I do not like the change to the market at all, because it means a lot more clicking and scrolling when placing offers. There is no need for the eras as headers, you can see the eras when hovering the mouse over the goods.
more scrolling, maybe a minuscule amount, but how is there more clicking?
but agree that you still should be able to see 4 eras at a time. They could easily fit in smaller headers.

I really, really, really dislike the market update. It is impossible to see all of the prior or next era goods if the eras are located in different rows. It was a good idea, but as implemented is a huge downgrade in my opinion. Inexcusably sloppy UI design on the part of the developers. Even inexperienced indy game developers tend to do better than this.

Did I say I really dislike the marked update???

Yekk

Viceroy
for update 1.210 this was put up
" The Great Buildings tab of the Global Ranking window has been improved. A drop-down button has been added, allowing you to select your searching filter preference by player or great building (please note that this feature is only available on Browser for now, but it will soon be available on mobile as well). "

This is still broke on beta... Only GB's listed are those over level 100 which completely defeats the suggested purpose. That being the ability to search for GB's to get plans from...

Emberguard

Emperor
They added suggestions from the community and made it clear beforehand that it wouldn't be everything asked for, just a small selection from the community. There are afterall 25 servers, each with their own forum and each asked to make suggestions. It'd be unreasonable to expect everything you've asked here to be included into a tight schedule. What would be reasonable would be to expect one or two to make the selection if it's also suggested across other servers

they gave their best in those 2 weeks
more was not possible
:p
"It is a pity that doing one's best does not always answer." [Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre]"

The fr community has returned hundreds of suggestions, the fr forum has voted for hundreds of suggestions sent to developers for years. If developers can only integrate 2 suggestions per sprint, it may be necessary to ask the question if there are enough developers working on FoE to keep it alive.

We have made many suggestions to improve the accessibility of the game to visually impaired people. These suggestions are easy to integrate (change of colors, increase contrasts, etc.), none have been integrated yet.

We have made suggestions regarding the playability of the game on machines with few resources (RAM, screen size, graphics card ...). Like removal of all the animations, do not download the musics if the sound is deactivated, images in lowres, zoom... Currently the game takes more than 1GB of RAM on my computer !!! wtf !!!

Last edited:

Yekk

Viceroy
They added suggestions from the community and made it clear beforehand that it wouldn't be everything asked for, just a small selection from the community. There are afterall 25 servers, each with their own forum and each asked to make suggestions. It'd be unreasonable to expect everything you've asked here to be included into a tight schedule. What would be reasonable would be to expect one or two to make the selection if it's also suggested across other servers

Ask everyone in the world to do a response and you will always find one response that covers what was preplanned. The sprint was a sham...

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Flexibility - Real life vs FoE

As Guild leaders I way to often see members and friends quit the game. The reason is, real life job, family and FoE dont work together.

- FoE are way more time consuming than it was just 1-2 years ago
- It may work for retired and the unemployed but Inno also want to sell diamonds and this are not the people who can afford to buy a lot of them.
- Maybe a more flexible ways to plan next harvest. I like to use 15-20, max 30 min before I drive to work. Then I know, I won't be able to play before after I get home 11 hours later. Here I may have 30-60 min. Then I need to shut dovn my PC again and do some RL stuff and maybe play a little before bedtime 3 hours later. Special the settlement er a pain with 4 hours in the start but also the houses and event building, that need to be harvested after 24 hours. If you miss 10 min, it will be 10 min later next day and that mess up my playtime.
- Maybe en option to harvest all 1, 2 or 3 hours earlier but it will cost some diamond.
- Aid and visit friends Inns also take time and are bound to 24 hours. The time could be used better in guild messageboard to be more social.
- For many people, there are only one way to make RL work, that is to quit FoE as FoE can become addictive
- You don't really need the players to be online 8-10 hours a day, that really mess up peoples RL and that is not healty.

Last edited:
I will add that the fr community returns each month more than 2 suggestions and we do not expect this to be integrated into the game (whatever) but at least to have an answer: yes, no, maybe. I know that hope gives life ... the fr community will therefore live old in view of the developers' responses to our suggestions.
To have a constructive dialogue it takes two ... currently the community is doing a monologue that lasts that lasts. There is no one at innogames to talk to their players/customers ?

Emberguard

Emperor
If developers can only integrate 2 suggestions per sprint
I didn’t say two suggestions total for the entire sprint, I said one or two suggestions from *here* specifically out of 25 different servers would be a more reasonable expectation if those suggestions are also supported elsewhere.

25x2 would be 50 suggestions if every server got two suggestions

Yekk

Viceroy
I didn’t say two suggestions total for the entire sprint, I said one or two suggestions from *here* specifically out of 25 different servers would be a more reasonable expectation if those suggestions are also supported elsewhere.

25x2 would be 50 suggestions if every server got two suggestions

The same requests showed up on every server... with the upcoming release I can not find any of those that asked for a list of high level (over level 100) GB owners... It is easy on almost every one to find players asking for players asking for listing GB's to get plans.

SO.. we are back to:

Ask everyone in the world to do a response and you will always find one response that covers what was preplanned. The sprint was a sham...

Emberguard

Emperor
.. with the upcoming release I can not find any of those that asked for a list of high level (over level 100) GB owners... It is easy on almost every one to find players asking for players asking for listing GB's to get plans.
You’ve lost me. Why do you think the devs were after over level 100 GBs and not fulfilling the players request of finding GBs?

Yekk

Viceroy
Easy... whom does it help? Really it is that simple. Either the coding is a problem on the beta or they never meant to follow what most servers asked for...

Search on the beta GB search function for Lighthouse and you get no returns.... Yet it, the GB search function, is getting released without first a fix on the Beta.

Your aim that they can't do everything ignores they should have done at least what most servers asked for on GB searches. A very easy coding by the way as they already use a crawler to show what your GB's rank.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

While expecting everything indeed would indeed be too much, I didn't see a single improvement I'm glad for that made it through. And a few "who the hell asked for that?" ones (which I'm sure someone somewhere did), but it didn't line up with any of the most popular sentiments.