• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

estrid

Baronet
Now sitting with a bunch of Shanti Ghar's (8hr) but production is still slow.... at best ..

Me too. The worst thing is, it is so boring that I tend to forget the whole thing. There is so many interesting things going on elsewhere.
Wondering if I'm even going to finish this one in time. Never happened before on the first run.

Added the Chhatri so I'm gonna get the +5 goods bonus. The decent news is the goods that you get from this bonus are not dependent on the player having unlocked that goods' tech. For ex: I'm gonna get 5 Spices, I haven't unlocked Spice Trader yet.
To be expected based on the previous settlements but for anyone that needed confirmation...
Don't fully get that feature of the "Set Buildings" yet... to get the 25 goods do I need to get one of each of the different types of "set" buildings and also how do they work as a "set" placing buildings of the same type together as a "set" doesn't seem to change anything on the output?

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Don't fully get that feature of the "Set Buildings" yet... to get the 25 goods do I need to get one of each of the different types of "set" buildings and also how do they work as a "set" placing buildings of the same type together as a "set" doesn't seem to change anything on the output?
Any building with set building ability can be used. When adjacent to the embassy it adds 1 lvl of the
set to the embassy. So, for the first set building adjacent to the embassy the embassy starts to produce
+5 random goods. This only counts for each ''unique'' set building adjacent to it. For lvl 2 you need next
to the first the second set building to be placed adjacent to the embassy. Increasing the set lvl to lvl 2
and improving it's output. Finally when the the third set building is placed adjacent to the embassy, among
the first two the embassy's set lvl can be increased to lvl 3.
For example:

Lvl 1 set building
1 or more Chhatri adjacent to the embassy

lvl 2 set building
1 or more Baldachin adjacent tot the embasy

lvl 3 set building
1 or more Charbarg adjacent tot the embasy

Any building with set building ability can be used. When adjacent to the embassy it adds 1 lvl of the
set to the embassy. So, for the first set building adjacent to the embassy the embassy starts to produce
+5 random goods. This only counts for each ''unique'' set building adjacent to it. For lvl 2 you need next
to the first the second set building to be placed adjacent to the embassy. Increasing the set lvl to lvl 2
and improving it's output. Finally when the the third set building is placed adjacent to the embassy, among
the first two the embassy's set lvl can be increased to lvl 3.
For example:

Lvl 1 set building

lvl 2 set building

lvl 3 set building
1 or more Charbarg adjacent tot the embasy
So the boosts are only good after you're most way through the settlement? :rolleyes: Half the settlement is just waiting to get the chhatri's.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Possible Glitch

6 hours ago I placed, several Shanti Ghar's, these have a 1 hour build time. I just went back into the game, into the settlement, are the productiontimers for the Shanti Ghar's just started at 8 hours, they should have been close to 5 hours into their production of Rupees, correct?

Owl II

Emperor
Possible Glitch

6 hours ago I placed, several Shanti Ghar's, these have a 1 hour build time. I just went back into the game, into the settlement, are the productiontimers for the Shanti Ghar's just started at 8 hours, they should have been close to 5 hours into their production of Rupees, correct?
This has been always in the settlements. Houses don't start working when they are built. They start working when you enter the settlement

RoCoJo

Merchant
BUG: When in building mode, changing the place of a Chhatri to another place resets the production !
The production time spent is lost.

Fortunately this didn't happen when changing places with my Saree Weaver or Rice Paddy.

Edit: I cannot reproduce this bug anymore ?!

Last edited:

BeeVee

Squire
BUG: When in building mode, changing the place of a Chhatri to another place resets the production !
The production time spent is lost.

I think this only happens with cultural buildings that get/loose the chain bonus when placing them next/away from the embassy

Last edited:

Mikef4

Farmer
This must be the worst settlement so far as it is slow and laborious and mostly because the main currency, is produced on a fixed time period by houses and not production buildings. I am halfway through the time allowed and still havent got to a building other than houses that produces rupees, and this means slow development and progress and certainly no chance of getting the bonus building on time alone. Needs a serious revamp/rethink before release onto main worlds. unless there are improvements, probably will do two levels at a month or so to complete a level.

I'm not even sure how to get the happiness to unlock the techs/quests, seriously! The lack of space for the forced chain buildings only gives like 100 happiness. I can diamond the happiness in the techs but I can't finish the tasks.

The happiness buildings only give 4 smiles per square, including the chitari. I literally have 12 chitari's yet it took 400 smiles to get to, why doesn't it have a higher smiles per square ratio being halfway through the settlement??

For some reason the second supplies building produces 162 while the 2x2 is 62??? So this building is less efficient than all of the other settlements second supplies? The supplies per square is only 0.5 difference from the first building, who would ever build this??

Divvid2

Farmer
If you want the settlement layout planning to be interesting you need to get rid of the whole impediment in every land plot and impediment removal tools. I actually had to think about my Viking and Japanese settlements, what plots to buy and which to avoid, and building sizes, because of this. Then you changed the mechanic, and its ho-hum, the size and shape of every single settlement is exactly the same.

*Due to the need to chain buildings, you could leave in one or two removal tools, which would not change the planning aspect much.

Agree with most other posters here, we need coin production as first new building unlocked. This is by far the most boring settlement so far. Making enough coin for 5 goods every 8 hours is a horrible plan. Especially when it cost me a total of 79 rice and 81 sarees to get to that stage.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I'm not even sure how to get the happiness to unlock the techs/quests, seriously! The lack of space for the forced chain buildings only gives like 100 happiness. I can diamond the happiness in the techs but I can't finish the tasks.
Yeah it remains odd to me. They forcefully keep us from removing roads temporarily for diplomatic points boost by making them cost settlement coins. Accidentally causing major coin shortages at the begin. They've improved the quest line as it was strange that other cultures would trust us by destroying the settlement we've build with them in the end. This settlement seriously boils down to both; destroy entire settlement for making progress. I guess this supposed to be fun and the great vision they have: roads are holy protected against the mean players who don't understand it isn't intended to destroy roads for diplomacy but those baddies are totally heroes while disassembling the entire settlement from time to time forcefully for the sake of progress in this settlement.
Wished this settlement was more like the others; first unlocked building coin production building. Also production of that building is too low as it is now the most inefficient coin production building of any settlement. On top of the burden of costly roads. Yeah this settlement takes the cake of most unbalanced in design from the start.
If they're so keen on the set buildings and the first bonus 5 goods, just put this bonus on the second house we unlock and remove it from the first coin production building. Yeah it's kinda inconsistent from that point but at the very least better balanced and I believe that's most important. Than placing the coin prod building as first to unlock, second to unlock the second goods, third the canal and finally the second house, etc. Just like any other settlement as it's the golden formula for settlements. Never change a winning team after all. If those changes are made, I think this settlement can be propelled to become a far more better settlement and somewhat more fun to play. While the play through would resemble far more what the settlement seems to be supposed to be. As it's beginning will play than as any other settlement and from the second house onwards in it's own and unique way as intended. Just like the other settlement do after reaching a certain early milestone.