• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
We are looking forward to your feedback on our newest Cultural Settlement.
You can read all about it here.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I guess they wanted to make another non-combat settlement building, and the easiest way to make that interesting is a ton of FP. I'd say it feels "balanced" to me in that it's only a 1-of but is very very good for its size as a FP producer.

It does make the Shinto Temple look a little silly - though that does still lead as the best goods producer.

Shinto Temple: 12 FP, 50 goods
Royal Bathhouse: 12 FP, 10 units, 30 guild goods
Sun Temple: 10 FP, 30% attacker's defense
Yggdrasil: 8 FP, 30% attacker's attack

Mughal's Temple: 30 FP, 15 goods ???

Seems extremely overtuned to me...

Nobody cares about FP anymore... you can have millions of FPs from Guild battlegrounds. This settlement gives nothing that would help you there and FP are like the only small incentive to even bother with Mughal... and you want them to nerf it? Great job...

BTW... Mughal empire, one of the most aggresive and combat orientated eras of that region and buildings are not related to battle? That reminds me historical questline about Genghis Khan that awarded Botanical rotunda which (before they changed it) gave DEFENSE FOR DEFENDING army... that was also accurate... because Genghis Khan was really defensive... :rolleyes:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Oh dear, we've reached the point where even a huge FP production is met with disappointment. Time to wrap it up and stop adding things to the game! Everything's going to be considered terrible now. At least, according to forum posters...

Well it is a perspective held by some of the 1% that combat bonuses are all that matter now. Not that I subscribe to that theory, but they're allowed to express their opinion. They usually point to the amount of FP they get from GBG (which is indeed over the top), but are quick to discount that they'd still get the vast majority of that FP with half the amount of combat bonus they currently possess.

Personally, I do still appreciate direct FP because I have to click so much to get it out of GBG ;) At most 1 click to get 30 from this building vs 12 Fights = at minimum 36 clicks to get 30 FP from a diamond GBG (attack-autobattle-ok). And probably closer to 50-60 clicks since likely need to change out a unit or two once or twice in 12 fights. And that's putting aside that GBG fights are limited within a guild.

It is good though that people can argue over what's best to spend the space in one's city on - it means city building is at least somewhat interesting.

Nessie

Baronet
InnoGames shows the way.

Remember how the Arc changed the game. I could mention earlier events such as change in combat GBs.

In the meantime, only GBG and thus attack bonus counts. So this new settlement building is completely useless

I'm selling buildings that don't give attack or defense bonus for attacking army to make room for buildings with attack/defense bonus - this does not exclude GBs ! What's the use of Cape level 100 for example when I get many many FPs from GBG and need the spot for another event building that provides attack/defense for attacking army? For sure I get more FP daily from GBG than that 100 FP from Cape...

Maybe I should mention that my attack/defense atm is 1407/843, at the end of the month it will be higher due to some more Pirate Guard Posts from the wheel. I fight GBG to 90% attrition and higher.

1407/843 is very modest compared to other players

Last edited:

HuscarlTW

Squire
I have two active cities right now, one in SAAB and one in HMA. In SAAB, the FP feels kind of ridiculous with Blue Galaxy because it's basically the same FP income as level 80 inno tower or hagia without any FP investment required to get there - and simultaneously uses up less than half the space. Also, I don't really get the point of trying to stack up attack boost to insane levels - I'm able to fight up to 60 attrition with about 500% attack, and with how quickly attack boost builds up on higher attritions, I'm not convinced that there's a very good return on investment by sacrificing all non-combat builldings.

In my HMA city, which is only ~7 weeks old, the 30 FP just seems ridiculously good - it's close to 50% of daily FP income, excluding GBG.

We've already given the devs tons of ideas to make buildings more appealing without directly giving %, not sure why they are staying with the same stalemate prices.

% of 150 attack (like AO)
% of absorb all/half damage
-1 attrition upon collection
New units such as pirates that appear as enemy troop until hit
+1 turn in the next negotiation?

BritishBoy

Marquis
InnoGames shows the way.

Remember how the Arc changed the game. I could mention earlier events such as change in combat GBs.

In the meantime, only GBG and thus attack bonus counts. So this new settlement building is completely useless

I'm selling buildings that don't give attack or defense bonus for attacking army to make room for buildings with attack/defense bonus - this does not exclude GBs ! What's the use of Cape level 100 for example when I get many many FPs from GBG and need the spot for another event building that provides attack/defense for attacking army? For sure I get more FP daily from GBG than that 100 FP from Cape...

Maybe I should mention that my attack/defense atm is 1407/843, at the end of the month it will be higher due to some more Pirate Guard Posts from the wheel. I fight GBG to 90% attrition and higher.

1407/843 is very modest compared to other players
Which age are you with stats and 90 lvl attrition?

Yekk

Viceroy
Not a settlement I would have considered. The few accomplishments done under that empire are totally destroyed by how the people were subjugated. At least, as of right now, the reward buildings are so bad I will not ever see how this plays out. Be like celebrating Stalin...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
We've already given the devs tons of ideas to make buildings more appealing without directly giving %, not sure why they are staying with the same stalemate prices.

% of 150 attack (like AO)
% of absorb all/half damage
-1 attrition upon collection
New units such as pirates that appear as enemy troop until hit
+1 turn in the next negotiation?

Because giving something new and giving another dimension to power creep isn't entirely a good thing - it creates a wider gap between enfranchised players and new starts. Also many of the things you mention would not be universally considered good ideas.

New units they haven't done in a while because they're too much work to make them useful to everyone but not overly distorting. i.e:
- Rogues were distorting and ultimately not a healthy addition. And now they can't take them away or even nerf them too hard or it leads to serious backlash.
- Champions were added in a balanced way but add new work to every new age they create - which has led them to being of varying use. For a good while they seemed determined to make them so bad they just didn't have to worry about them.
- Drummers and Color Guards were added in a safe way. And notably they're not used beyond the first few ages for more than fodder sieges in GvG.

AO crit they've shown regret over as is (not letting it into Arena) - seems unlikely they'll add new sources of it.

A defensive avoidance stat while it would be of interest to me, is indeed another dimension of power creep.

GBG does not need more power creep by letting people lower their attrition :p

An extra turn in one negotiation would be way too underwhelming.

BritishBoy

Marquis
Not a settlement I would have considered. The few accomplishments done under that empire are totally destroyed by how the people were subjugated. At least, as of right now, the reward buildings are so bad I will not ever see how this plays out. Be like celebrating Stalin...
I will definitely do it once to see how it is. In my main city I don't need this building at all.