• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion More levels for the Statue of Honor

dpghost

Steward
I wish it would have make it a great building and not a special building
But you could add a few levels even as it is

Make a great building where instead of forge points we can use fragments of the statue of honor.
No not a great building.

With great buildings you only get one. You can build as many SoH as you want.

Making it a great building would limit you to one, while freeing up a lot of space. Right now you have to choose space vs rewards. If it became a great building it would need to use forge points instead of shards. Having actual great buildings with different currency mechanics would open up a whole different can of worms, and not necessarily for the better. I'm not sure that is a direction I'd like to see the game go.

Allowing special buildings like the SoH to have unlimited levels using a different currency than FP (in this case shards) would require a totally different balancing mechanic than great buildings, especially since you could build as many as you want.

Also if something like this did happen, it might be that if you store a leveled building, you lose the levels on it similar to what happens with the Rogue Hideout/Den if you decide to rebuild later.

I do think that having great building "like" mechanics in other special buildings that aren't great buildings is something that might be worth having Inno explore. It likely wouldn't require huge code rewrites, and might freshen up some aspects of the game that are getting pretty stale.

Fdm1407

Merchant
Also if something like this did happen, it might be that if you store a leveled building, you lose the levels on it similar to what happens with the Rogue Hideout/Den if you decide to rebuild later.
If you store a fully leveled event building you don't lose levels, so it's not necesarrily you would with SoH

knycknac

Farmer
It should be noted that to create a SoH you need to place fragments in the city to build the SoH you then need a storage item to put the SoH in storage so you can trade the SoH in the dealer so in effect the SoH fragments are just sitting in your inventory i have over 14k nd they keep growing the same can be said of the road to victory attachment you can only place so many as room is the issue.
What would be far better use of the extras fragments we have is the abilty to use say 25 fragments to shrink the SoH or RtV this will not effect to gain but just create a little extra space for those at the top end of the game
It will make the shrinking tactical as you ill not be able to attack a unshrunk RtV to a shrunk SoH

Julian24

Viceroy
It should be noted that to create a SoH you need to place fragments in the city to build the SoH you then need a storage item to put the SoH in storage so you can trade the SoH in the dealer so in effect the SoH fragments are just sitting in your inventory i have over 14k nd they keep growing the same can be said of the road to victory attachment you can only place so many as room is the issue.
What would be far better use of the extras fragments we have is the abilty to use say 25 fragments to shrink the SoH or RtV this will not effect to gain but just create a little extra space for those at the top end of the game
It will make the shrinking tactical as you ill not be able to attack a unshrunk RtV to a shrunk SoH
You know, that you just assemble the Selection Kit and can give it to the antiques dealer and don't have to use the selection kit to build/upgrade the building in your city, right?

podkap1970

Emperor
The truth is that if it were a Great Building offering fp's, guild power and guild goods, I would build it and level it
Somebody missed here a great idea
its a matter, which era you are in, and which guild lvl you have, in SAV and guild lvl 100, it just offers FPs

Amdira

Baronet
I wouldn't sell the SoHs to the antiques dealer, but rather collect them in the inventory to have there some of different eras, Whenever the guild is in need of lower era goods, you can exchange the SoHs in the city - it's not much, but might help - especially if more players would do it.

Tubadero

Farmer
I know this is probably not the best place to address this, but IMHO Inno got it backwards when providing the fragment prizes for the GBG. A better way would likely have been this:

1. Instead of getting a Statue of Honor fragment upon winning a battle or negotiation, we should get a Road to Victory fragment .
  2. The Road to Victory should be 3x1, instead of 3x2, and there should be a level 2. So, instead of a Road to Victory fragment, we could get a fragment of a Road to Victory Selection Kit.
  3. A lv. 1 RtV could give a 2-3% defense bonus for the attack army. That would be roughly what it gives now, considering it would be half the footprint.
  4. The lv. 2 RtV could have a branching option. The player would choose between 2-3 possibilities - to get either an additional defense bonus, or an equivalent attack-attack bonus, or maybe some additional goods, for farmers. Another possibility would be to give the Road to Victory a progressive attachment bonus, i.e.: the more pieces you put together, the higher your bonus.
  5. Statue of Honor fragments could be given at the end of the season, just as Road to Victory fragments are.
But alas, it is what it is, and it won't be changed. It would be pointless to present this as a suggestion. But I think it would be more interesting this way, and it would make the fragment prize a better reward.

Emberguard

Emperor
Unfortunately road to victory came later in the game. It didn’t exist until well after everything in GBG was established. Not sure it’d really change much though aside from your idea having more attack bonuses. I’m already swimming in more road to victory than I have need for, and it’s the GBs being lvl’d that allow for the checkers in GBG to generate FP so well

Owl II

Emperor
its a matter, which era you are in, and which guild lvl you have, in SAV and guild lvl 100, it just offers FPs
It doesn't matter what your guild level is. Inno will add new levels sooner or later. Then you will see how useful your GB (SoH of course) was for a level 100 guild. And the goods to the treasury are always goods to the treasury

knycknac

Farmer
The road to victory could do with a level 2 as its footprint is gradually being edged out by other buildings even taking into account the attachments length not needing roads

Noname 5.0

Steward
If they would let us sell anything in our inventory at auction then there would not be build up of useless items like having to many fragments with nowhere to place them . So we can turn them into something useful.

CrashBoom

Legend
Do any of these ideas ever reach the game designers at Inno games?
actually this is not an idea
it is a discussion between players

because the player who started it in the discussion section of the forum and not in the ideas section knew this is on the DNSL and would be closed there

so to your question
no this discussion will never get forwarded to the designers

Noname 5.0

Steward
Thank You Crash for clearing things up for me.
So in all actuality it’s really just something to do during dead time in game play .
For a minute there I thought there was a chance for us to make a difference .
But that’s not going to happen here.
I’ll let you guys carry on ,this is not what I thought it was .
Good luck in life and all you pursue.
Peace be with you all and to all a good night/ day.

Owl II

Emperor
If they would let us sell anything in our inventory at auction then there would not be build up of useless items like having to many fragments with nowhere to place them . So we can turn them into something useful.
We can exchange these useless items for coins and gems AD. Then use it at an auction. The roads to victory are well appreciated.

Thank You Crash for clearing things up for me. So in all actuality it’s really just something to do during dead time in game play. For a minute there I thought there was a chance for us to make a difference. But that’s not going to happen here.
An idea can start as a Discussion and the debate here can provide to the OP (Original Poster / Idea author) feedback to improve the idea to be then presented at the Ideas Forum, with all sections listed at the Ideas Format. However, besides meeting the format requirements, the proposed idea must comply with the Do Not Suggest List (DNSL).
  • For a Statue of Honor Level 2, a "Statue of Honor Upgrade Kit" (a new item) would be needed.
  • The Statue of Honor Level 2 would be a new building in the game.
Both points are in conflict with the DNSL line that reads:
  • New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game.
This does not mean we cant have a Statue of Honor Level 2 in the future, it just means we cant suggest this as an idea. We will have to wait until the developers / designers decide to implement a Statue of Honor Level 2.

Last edited: