• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Wildlife Event

Julian24

Viceroy
>Wants events to be distinguishable
>Copy and pastes last years events
>Halloween/Archeology is the same mechanic
>Spring/soccer is the same mechanic
You play since 2016 and have not noticed, that in the past every event was pretty much the same? Almost every one was like the forge bowl/spring.
Now we have archaeology, soccer (tournaments), St. Patrick, Summer, Winter (these 2 were the only ones, that were different in the past )and Easter, if you want to be exact)) and now Wildlife. I think we now have a wide range of different event types.
Uh oh, that is a massive red flag for me, the fact she likes the worst event and most hated event in the game St Paddys just kills any hope I have for this.
Have you listened to the reason she likes it the most? Also, who says, that it is the worst?

I would say we can't be sure they haven't chosed to put the Governor's Villa as a prize somewhere in the event. The prizes should come for somewhere, either created for this event or reintroduced ones. But we will not know that until the event begins since as had been said it's probably only placeholders in the video. So don't get your hopes up too much.

i don't think we'll have governor's villa, because this is a separate event from summer event. just look at the event hub, there's a wildlife event PAWPRINT there, and a pirate's COMPASS, which refers to summer event :p

The Lady Ann

Baronet
Uh oh, that is a massive red flag for me, the fact she likes the worst event and most hated event in the game St Paddys just kills any hope I have for this.

I remember watching the spoiler video for the 1st St Pats event and they introduced the NEW designer who had come up with the concept and designed it, so as soon as she said she had done most of this, I though Oh No it's going to be very convoluted :rolleyes:

You play since 2016 and have not noticed, that in the past every event was pretty much the same? Almost every one was like the forge bowl/spring.
Now we have archaeology, soccer (tournaments), St. Patrick, Summer, Winter (these 2 were the only ones, that were different in the past )and Easter, if you want to be exact)) and now Wildlife. I think we now have a wide range of different event types.
I mentioned it because they said that they wanted events to be distinct in the video, I was pointing out hypocrisy. Cant even change the quests to something different (they used do that bare minimum even a few years ago), lazy pieces of WORK. We used to get distinct events honoring certain people and got unique buildings too, none of that anymore, not even the valentines event was the same year after year.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
i don't think we'll have governor's villa, because this is a separate event from summer event. just look at the event hub, there's a wildlife event PAWPRINT there, and a pirate's COMPASS, which refers to summer event :p
I know this is separate and that we will get a Summer Event as well. But since it's the first event of its kind they haven't any earlier Wildlife Events to take buildings from. Like they usually do with some prizes. So there is a possibility they might take buildings from other events as prizes, that's all I said.

Last edited:
I know this is separate and that we will get a Summer Event as well. But since it's the first event of its kind they haven't any earlier Wildlife Events to take buildings from. Like they usually do with some prizes. So there is a possibility they might take buildings from other events as prizes, that's all I said.

in that case i'd gladly take some extra governor's villa kits on live ;)

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Some new images in the form of upgrade and selection kit for the Mountain Reserve.
And images relating to the boosters.
reward_icon_selection_kit_mountain_reserve.png

reward_icon_upgrade_kit_mountain_reserve.png

Hammer:
wildlife_booster_hammer.png

Color changer:
wildlife_booster_color_changer.png

Color destroyer:
wildlife_booster_color_destroyer.png

resource_shop_wildlife_booster_hammer.png

resource_shop_wildlife_color_changer.png

resource_shop_wildlife_color_destroyer.png

wildlife_booster_bundle_icon_1.png

wildlife_booster_bundle_icon_2.png

You mean the historical questlines? Those weren't that distinct aside from the actual prize. Just a questline and that's it
You have low standard of distinct then, better than this horsewash of copy paste events, the bare minimum should be that the quests are different!

Very distinct people were honored, I still have my yuri statue in LMA.

---

On topic, definitely candy crush. It's probably going to get real grating as time goes on and we don't make enough event currency to play the game daily.

Emberguard

Emperor
You have low standard of distinct then, better than this horsewash of copy paste events, the bare minimum should be that the quests are different!
If you were to remove all the minigames from the current events, then you'd have a duplicate of your historical questlines, That's all they were. The events we have now minus the minigame.

The quests themselves? There wasn't really more variety in those then the current events. We've got quests now we didn't have then and quests then we see less of now. Historical Questlines were something like 10 or 12 quests long. Last event (on live servers) was 60 quests plus the tablets. Any sense of variety had more to do with the length of quests required for the event then it was anything else. Otherwise, please by all means. Come up with 60 unique quests for multiple events

The only way to actually have "more variety" in the same manner you perceive with the Historical Questlines would be to significantly reduce the length of time in each event to break it into smaller chunks.

If you were to remove all the minigames from the current events, then you'd have a duplicate of your historical questlines, That's all they were. The events we have now minus the minigame.

The quests themselves? There wasn't really more variety in those then the current events. We've got quests now we didn't have then and quests then we see less of now. Historical Questlines were something like 10 or 12 quests long. Last event (on live servers) was 60 quests plus the tablets. Any sense of variety had more to do with the length of quests required for the event then it was anything else. Otherwise, please by all means. Come up with 60 unique quests for multiple events

The only way to actually have "more variety" in the same manner you perceive with the Historical Questlines would be to significantly reduce the length of time in each event to break it into smaller chunks.
Not sure if you were around back when they did historical quests, but back then people actually read the quest dialouge and they provided information about the person being celebrated, as well as just on its own celebrating an important person from history. You can look back at them now as "just a questline", but it wasn't a big bogged down thing where you have to go through 30 quests asap to get to the dailies or earn event currency. The main focus of it was celebrating someone which was always unique in itself.

Truly the only unique event (so far) is St Paddies with it's own city game and tasks. But even that will become stale if they keep copy and pasting the event next year and next. None of the other events are unique now, they've all been copy and pasted from years past and some given the lipstick on a pig.

Emberguard

Emperor
Not sure if you were around back when they did historical quests
I was

but back then people actually read the quest dialouge and they provided information about the person being celebrated, as well as just on its own celebrating an important person from history.
Could have sworn the quests from current events still have dialog. Never really been into the dialog for any event or questline, but there's always been dialog

Truly the only unique event (so far) is St Paddies with it's own city game and tasks.
That's equally as unique as the Archeology / Halloween event.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
The events nowadays do have a story that goes along with them, but I've noticed Inno recycling the same story over and over for the same type of event. Takes the fun out of actually reading the quests.

Havik79

Baronet
The St Paddy needs an overhaul, for one it needs dailies, and then remove the stupid limits on moving cities, the first year I remember ending up with a bunch of leftover tokens because I could not get the city I was on done in time.

The summer event, is what needs to go, it is by far the worst, getting close to the prize you want, and then some idiot refreshes the wheel so you miss out, the sooner that garbage event goes the way of those stupid historical events the better.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Going back to topic, the main event building seems to be 4x6, not 3x4 as the loading screen would suggest (orientation is flipped in code, so 6x4 means it's 4x6):

Code:
b.spriteSheets.h.idle = "R_SS_MultiAge_WildBonus21gBear";
b.spriteSheets.h.placeholder = "T_SS_MiddleAge_6x4";
b.spriteSheets.h.construction = "C_SS_MiddleAge_6x4";

Legendary Kata

Merchant
New event? I believe the Soccer Cup event is currently going in beta right? I have reason to believe this may be the replacement for the infamous Summer Event...RIP.