• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler 2021 FoE Soccer Cup Event

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
@MooingCat was the fastest in finding out the main building was out this time. https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/event-hub.14391/post-118722

The new event building, Athlon Abbey, is a 10 level building with a selection kit and an upgrade kit.

reward_icon_selection_kit_athlon_abbey.png
reward_icon_upgrade_kit_ahtlon_abbey.png

Lvl 1​
Lvl 2​
Lvl 3​
Lvl 4​
Lvl 5​
R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21a.png
R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21b.png
R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21c.png
R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21d.png
R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21e.png
Lvl 6​
Lvl 7​
Lvl 8​
Lvl 9​
Lvl 10​
R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21f.png
R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21g.png
R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21h.png
R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21i.png
R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21j.png

portrait_415.jpg
portrait_416.jpg
portrait_417.jpg
portrait_418.jpg
portrait_419.jpg
portrait_420.jpg
portrait_421.jpg

It has been no less than 4 new selection kits added for last years Hippodrome. We can't know for certain it's intended for the event, but seems the most likely.
Then there's the question why the first two and the last two seem to contain the same things both when you consider the name and image?
Even though I notice the Hippodrome Middle Sections Selection Kit at this moment seem to be missing some details on the bottom cards, since they're left blank.
Hippodrome Buildings Selection Kit​
Hippodrome End Buildings Selection Kit​
Hippodrome Track Selection Kit​
Hippodrome Middle Sections Selection Kit​
reward_icon_selection_kit_hippodrome_buildings.png
reward_icon_selection_kit_hippodrome_end_buildings.png
reward_icon_selection_kit_hippodrome_track.png
reward_icon_selection_kit_hippodrome_middle_sections.png

Last edited:

6zeva9

Baronet
Looks like it will be the same format as last year, looking at all the Avatars
Confused about the need for 4 selection kits, unless it is like the Cherry/Spring Garden Selection Kit, where in some parts of the world the Kits have different names but are in fact the same. so the left two are one kit and the right two are one kit.

BritishBoy

Marquis
These kits were on special offer on live server recently. Track selection was for 10x1600 diamonds each and main buildings was, I think, 12x2800 diamonds each.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Looks like it will be the same format as last year, looking at all the Avatars
Confused about the need for 4 selection kits, unless it is like the Cherry/Spring Garden Selection Kit, where in some parts of the world the Kits have different names but are in fact the same. so the left two are one kit and the right two are one kit.
I'm just as confused as you about the need for more than 2. Especially as they don't need different images to give them different names in different parts of the world.

But can add that the Hippodrome Buildings Selection Kit and the Hippodrome Tracks Selection Kit were added later than the other two. So maybe they just changed their mind about name/design, but didn't remove the old images?

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Usually the Selection Kits don't have the images on the back cards unless there's levels involved. Maybe they realised it was inconsistent and changed it? 'Cause the middle sections don't have a Level 2, and if there's an image on every card that would indicate multiple levels

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Now the selection kit and upgrade kit has been added so we also have the name of the new event building. It's an Athlon Abbey.
I was thinking a bit of an Abbey when I first saw the images, so seems fitting. The orginal post has been updated.

What it actually gives is still unknown. And based on my little experience so far (3rd event doing this) it's quite normal for the data not being available before the event starts.

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Looks like maybe 4x6 in size?.
It's 5x4 it seems
Code:
b.spriteSheets.h.idle = "R_SS_MultiAge_SoccerBonus21a";
b.spriteSheets.h.placeholder = "T_SS_MiddleAge_4x5";
b.spriteSheets.h.construction = "C_SS_MiddleAge_4x5";

(The numbers are flipped in the code - probably why we always seem to get the wrong orientation in the original announcements)