• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

CrashBoom

Legend
Bots are forbidden and quite easy to discover by support. However it is almost impossible to discover mouse click automatiom tool.
and they don't have anybody with smart problem solving skills

how to prevent click automation tools ?

actually pretty simple: random position of the buttons
(to prevent that normal players get upset it could start after x quests and not directly at the start)

and did you know that Google has a 2000 search limit a day ?
because it actually doesn't have that. if it gets too much search requests from the same IP a captcha pops up

so instead of 2000 hard abort limit it could be a captcha for every 200 aborts

Last edited:
and did you know that Google has a 2000 search limit a day ?
because it actually doesn't have that. if it gets too much search requests from the same IP a captcha pops up

so instead of 2000 hard abort limit it could be a captcha for every 200 aborts

That is actually a very simple and elegant solution.

iPenguinPat

Squire
Bots are forbidden and quite easy to discover by support. However it is almost impossible to discover mouse click automatiom tool.

Step 1 -Use click tracking. Start with low-hanging fruit (i.e. no randomization within the macro). Click location and delays are easy enough to track.
Step 2 - Hand down MASSIVE penalties to anyone caught. (don't have to tell other players when someone loses 1 billion ranking points that something happened. Permabans? Delete GBs? Remove all goods from inventory? Remove 600k fights? Something that can't be ignored. a 1-day ban won't do crap.)
Step 3 - Set a flag for players that exceed a certain number of actions and implement more advanced monitoring. Gather large data sets and compare click behavior to find anomalies.
Step 4 - Enforce that too.

Will there still be some that try? Absolutely. Will it scare the crap out of 99% of players and keep them from even trying? Absolutely.

And fixing the RQ Macros is easy. Add a random quest/"incident" quest. just gotta add 1 thing to throw off the # of clicks between cycles and the macro breaks. Easy peasy.

-Alin-

Emperor

Will there still be some that try? Absolutely. Will it scare the crap out of 99% of players and keep them from even trying? Absolutely.

And fixing the RQ Macros is easy. Add a random quest/"incident" quest. just gotta add 1 thing to throw off the # of clicks between cycles and the macro breaks. Easy peasy.

All are good ideas and can be easily used by Inno but it is still all about money, here none have the intention to let big spenders „escape”(I mean leave) from this game, they had some years to think about removing such quests and stop players using macros in GvG and stop them doing ping-pong with everything they can in this game, but what Inno did? Well, nothing ...

Mitos

Squire
putting some diamonds (at gbg rate) as reward for less usable RQs time to time - that is what will break abuse of RQs :)

CrashBoom

Legend
putting some diamonds (at gbg rate) as reward for less usable RQs time to time - that is what will break abuse of RQs :)
reaching attrition 50 gives 5 diamonds
reaching attrition 100 gives +10 diamonds
reaching 150 another 15
attrition 200 gives another 20
and so on
:D

-Alin-

Emperor
FI:Currently on level 92
I will monitor for one week(Sunday 11 April 00:00:01 untill Saturday 17 April 23:59:59-Bucharest/Athena Time Zone or 10:00 PM server time) and keep editing this post.

common10 powedragons(forgot to take a backup of that screen)
rare1618125869808.png
uncommon1618160511597.png
common1618172110851.png
uncommon1618218286250.png
common1618256612515.png
rare1618289801349.png
and another 4 useless blueprints
rare1618292685278.png
uncommon1618308740211.png
rare again lol1618381148345.png
common1618407454622.png
uncommon1618462940833.png
uncommon1618474273075.png
uncommon1618555900768.png

Last edited:

retani2

Farmer
Hello, if I find a common shard in my cultural settlement do I win all the 15 prizes indicated in the advertisement?
20 Forgepoints + 25 random goods of your era + 1 light unit + 5 light units + 1 ranged unit + 5 ranged units + 1 heavy unit + 5 heavy units + 1 artillery unit + 5 artillery units + 1 fast units + 5 fast units + 2 blueprints + coins + supplies ?

-Alin-

Emperor
Hello, if I find a common shard in my cultural settlement do I win all the 15 prizes indicated in the advertisement?
20 Forgepoints + 25 random goods of your era + 1 light unit + 5 light units + 1 ranged unit + 5 ranged units + 1 heavy unit + 5 heavy units + 1 artillery unit + 5 artillery units + 1 fast units + 5 fast units + 2 blueprints + coins + supplies ?

only one.

and units were increased, are 10 now not only 5, got 10 powedragons today.
They need to update that list.

qaccy

Emperor
Folks still expecting too much. Feedback doesn't need to be responded to. Certainly not everything. Imagine replying to every single post in a feedback thread. When a post is given in a thread like this saying something along the lines of 'your feedback is being passed along', that's really the most anyone should expect.

Inno has to keep the game as a whole in mind when it comes to making additions to the game, not just the experiences of unhappy forum posters. What this means is that nobody should expect (or worse, demand) that changes be made because they don't like something. It surprises me that after all this time it's the same people in each feedback thread and they still don't understand that these threads are to collect feedback, not necessarily to make changes. Changes are made when deemed necessary, as has been the case several times with recent events and especially the new PvP Arena (and the towers for that matter).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Folks still expecting too much. Feedback doesn't need to be responded to. Certainly not everything. Imagine replying to every single post in a feedback thread. When a post is given in a thread like this saying something along the lines of 'your feedback is being passed along', that's really the most anyone should expect.

Inno has to keep the game as a whole in mind when it comes to making additions to the game, not just the experiences of unhappy forum posters. What this means is that nobody should expect (or worse, demand) that changes be made because they don't like something. It surprises me that after all this time it's the same people in each feedback thread and they still don't understand that these threads are to collect feedback, not necessarily to make changes. Changes are made when deemed necessary, as has been the case several times with recent events and especially the new PvP Arena (and the towers for that matter).

While responding to each post is indeed ridiculous, broader responses that deal with the impact of the feedback at some point would go a long way to helping.

"Many people objected to _____."
- After much consideration, we decided we disagree because ____ (where ____ is something less nebulous than mysterious "other feedback sources")
- We didn't have time to make changes based on this feedback at this time, but it will be taken into account in the future

Basically if "it's been forwarded" is all you see, you still don't know if it was really considered or if it makes much sense to bother with feedback in the future. There were for instance multiple cases of posts in this thread to make the GB more interesting while not necessarily overpowered. Were any of those taken into account before they turned 5 units into 10 and called it a day? We don't know.

This forum has been more interactive in the past. We don't know why they decided to move away from that. But certainly the feeling of speaking into a vacuum is likely to discourage constructive posters while allowing angry posters to vibe off each other and get the impression that "everyone" agrees with their point of view.

The return of the towers being reminiscent of that - more moderate posters gave up on talking about the PvP arena long ago, the tower-fans just kept the thread going leaving the impression that most who want further changes to the PvP arena may be obsessive about the towers when the broader complaints about its underlying design as a feature on its own seem to still have fallen on deaf ears. So as it stands it looks like we're likely to keep the steaming pile of crap towers, and add in a steaming pile of crap arena as well. Fortunately, playing neither is an option. Unfortunately for those of us who would like something adjacent to that design-space (scalable military challenge targeted at individual players), it means we're probably SOL for at least 3-5 more years til they decide to return to it :p

iPenguinPat

Squire

My experience with mods is that they do not tend to be what I would consider "elite" players. Generally, they are not top fighters, not in top guides, not top leaders, etc. Sadly, in a lot of cases, many seem to have a very jealous or disdainful attitude toward the top players/guilds. Therefore, they generally do not understand why some of these things are big deal to competitive/elite players... And, in many cases, they would like to take away from the elite because they view our way of play as unfair or imbalanced.

So when we see "your feedback has been passed along," It's impossible for us to know if our opinions and feedback are being represented in a fair and accurate way. I've said before, there's a big difference between "the players think you all are being complete morons, they hate XYZ, and think you're being proactively hostile toward the player base as a whole. 95% of the feedback is scathingly negative." and "we're getting some negative feedback."

This isn't all mods. Some are terrific. The lack of transparency and dialog is becoming an increasingly large problem as we've moved from Anwar, who was amazingly connected with the community, to mtg which is stonewalling like crazy.