• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

recurring quest slowdown aftermath

Aerendil

Squire
We are all happy the slowdown on recurring is will be removed, for now its still there
We would like to clarify a misconception that has arisen regarding the slowdown that occurs during reoccurring quests. Please be aware, that this is a technical issue and not something that was ever part of our design.

To provide some context, for transparency purposes, we have been collecting feedback on quest abort exploits, and trying to figure out a way to tackle this. This week, we moved forward with an update that sets a limit on Quest Aborts to prevent this exploit, and the impact it has on our servers.

Unfortunately, as a byproduct, there was a technical issue that caused a slowdown during reoccurring quests. Due to unexpected circumstances, this then led to many players believing this was an intended feature.

Again, we would like to express this was not intended. The aim of this improvement was to impose a limit on exploits, not affect the everyday activities of players trying to enjoy the game. Therefore, it is very much a regrettable outcome and one that we are working on fixing immediately.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter, and our sincerest apologies for the confusion and frustration that this event has caused.

But I see some serious communication issues:

The slowdown was bugged times several on the beta forum and via in game support, reply
We have been told this not a bug. This delay has been added to prevent exploiting of the recurring questline.
and we had a disucussion in the bug forum with several pages, the discussion was closed
bug report
the answer was by @lordwasa
This is not a bug.
This delay has been added to prevent exploiting of the recurring questline.

All the bug reports were about he delay, and you did put that live.

So either the bug reports were ignored "working as intended, dont listen to the stupid beta testers" or
your are lying to us
Unfortunately, as a byproduct, there was a technical issue that caused a slowdown during reoccurring quests. Due to unexpected circumstances, this then led to many players believing this was an intended feature.

Again, we would like to express this was not intended. The aim of this improvement was to impose a limit on exploits, not affect the everyday activities of players trying to enjoy the game. Therefore, it is very much a regrettable outcome and one that we are working on fixing immediately.
We did tell you about the delay, dont tell us it was unintentional

Anyways, my point is:

Do not ignore the beta community!
we did tell you the outcome as well

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
what if the goal was to integrate a counter with time recording to help identify cheaters and not to limit use?

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I don't understand why the term 'exploit' has been used ... nor do I understand how aborting recurring missions could put too much pressure on the servers - if this is the case, it's a matter of bad programming :rolleyes:

A very simple alternative for Inno would be to remove some completely absurd - and imho therefore superfluous - recurring missions from the mission series. • That way there is less pressure on the servers (about which I still have a large ? )
PLUS
• That way players are not bothered by anything as idiotic as putting a limit on aborting missions.

After all: who is going to add x amount of happines over and over again, etc. etc ...
That is just plain silly imho!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
After all: who is going to add x amount of happines over and over again, etc. etc ...
That is just plain silly imho!

I actually did do this in arctic future for a while! But without the double quest to do so, and with more pressure on space nowadays, I'm unlikely to do it again. I used to do it using the friends tavern construction boost to build taverns in 10 minutes - until I got to the cheap deco for the build 8 quest.

Sibel

Merchant
What about the limit? What our lucky number? Is it reset daily? Not clear for me.

Would be nice to know.

Is it possible that the "great new code" for "bot detection" that lead to the (removed) delay was just a counter for (done and/or aborted) quests? At least this is what I read between the lines. Is this the "oath of disclosure" (I hope this is the correct English expression) by InnoGames in view of bots, scripts, recorders?

Why cannot the increasing amount of supplies and coins in SA:AB (and SA:AV) be "reduced" by an introduction of the Non-Birthday-Quest, that exists in all earlier eras? As far as I can remember, this upcoming problem was mentioned in view of the lack of this quest when SA:AB started.

Why "discriminating" all "farmers" and not the (4+ siege camp) fighters who do 10k fights within one GbG season, ending up with about 17.500 fp, 25.000 goods and 2.500 diamonds (within less time than questers)? By the way, there exist bots for automatic GbG fighting as well. So, a limit of fights would be fair as well. Officially, Forge of Empires is announced as "City Building Strategy Game", not as "Ego Shooter". So, why limiting strategic players, doing quests, and favour the "shooters"?

Sorry for being provocative, but I see no other way to start brains working (again).

Last edited:

Devilsangel

Baronet
Slowdown was returned with the last update but it seems that there are different groups with different experiences...i play mostly from mobil but checked from computer after reading different comments and messages from friends...some had the slowdown down, some experience a screen freeze that is fixed only after reloading the game :/
I had the slowdown back from pc, my friend the screen freeze every time after different amounts of aborts without slowdown, some don't experience any changes it seems
Plus the 2k limit....looks more like killing off reccuring quests altogether than trying to stop exploits

linuxgeek

Farmer
In my opinion, this limit is complete nonsense. I built a city to have an unlimited number of quests just like players build a city to have an unlimited number of fights.
This is not okay.
Innogames please fix it!!!

That's a limit of 285 quests a day for me when you have to abort 7 just to get back to the ubq. The first time I hit the max cap I'm leaving the game, so with Chateaus over level 100, I'm guessing that is going to be soon if this limit applies to all ages.

Fenix

Viceroy
That's a limit of 285 quests a day for me when you have to abort 7 just to get back to the ubq. The first time I hit the max cap I'm leaving the game, so with Chateaus over level 100, I'm guessing that is going to be soon if this limit applies to all ages.

Could you tell me please how many you usually do? Thanks.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The recurring quests are made to prevent players at the end of their age find themselves without side quests. They are not meant to fuel cities with perpetual jackpots.
Some players (even without cheating) abused these quests with Oversized Frontenac.

That these abuses are blocked is the best possible thing for the game, it obliges to play a little less stupidly than to click in the chain on the recurring ones!

Owl II

Emperor
I thought I was abusing RQ. This consumes a lot of game time. But I'm calm now. I couldn't to reach the limit yet:)

Gvdbvbvedd

Farmer
The recurring quests are made to prevent players at the end of their age find themselves without side quests. They are not meant to fuel cities with perpetual jackpots.
Some players (even without cheating) abused these quests with Oversized Frontenac.

That these abuses are blocked is the best possible thing for the game, it obliges to play a little less stupidly than to click in the chain on the recurring ones!

the RQ are usefull when you need a little boost of Goods and/or Supplies, i aged up to Saab about 1.5 months ago and i was low on Supplies for SAV so i did more than usual, but adding a limit is not a good way to do to prevent bot, if someone spend time doing RQ, he should be able to do as mutch as he want, just find a way to remove bot other than Delay and Maximum,

the CF bonus should have been cap like for the Arc, 5% up to 80 then 0.5 or 1% per level that would have slow down people wo get Level 150 CF and use bot to do RQ

i can do 150+ RQ per day and only 25% of them are "Laws and Goods", i do it only when abording quest and that one pop, so i do it and continue abording, most come from "Investment" and " Smart Colonist" quest, so why people using thoses quest be limited because few people abuse from "Law and Goods" quest by using bot ?

by the way lots of people use Bot in GbG and GvG, should we limit GbG Fights per day too ?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
by the way lots of people use Bot in GbG and GvG, should we limit GbG Fights per day too ?

We should :p The possibility for 100% siege effect should be removed (say topping it at 75% instead) which would effectively put a cap on things most of the time (apart from cherry picking certain fights in certain ages) That'd require a further balancing of negotiating vs fighting though imo, so I think it's unlikely.