• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Galata Tower Changes Feedback

qaccy

Emperor
Dang, you guys went through with the half-baked adjustment on the live servers. Gotta make the two numbers consistent! Either keep it as it was with HMA rewards and HMA level costs (go ahead and make it a normal HMA GB with a goods cost), or reduce the cost to level it up along with the rewards to match the other EMA GBs. Or, and I'll probably be the only one to suggest this, I'd even be fine with keeping it as it is so long as the announcement is amended to say that it's intended for it to be more expensive to level than other GBs.

Emberguard

Emperor
I'd even be fine with keeping it as it is so long as the announcement is amended to say that it's intended for it to be more expensive to level than other GBs.
I'd second this. My main concern was the change doesn't match the announcements logic and reasoning

Hedning1390

Farmer
Or, and I'll probably be the only one to suggest this, I'd even be fine with keeping it as it is so long as the announcement is amended to say that it's intended for it to be more expensive to level than other GBs.
No, you and everyone else who already leveled it is probably fine with it. I however am not fine with it. Give me one good reason why this should be the only great building with rewards from one group and costs from another, picked to make it as expensive as possible? That just feels like a big middle finger to anyone who haven't built it yet.

qaccy

Emperor
No, you and everyone else who already leveled it is probably fine with it. I however am not fine with it. Give me one good reason why this should be the only great building with rewards from one group and costs from another, picked to make it as expensive as possible? That just feels like a big middle finger to anyone who haven't built it yet.
I'm fine with any change that explained clearly. If Inno's intent is for it to be more expensive than other GBs to level, I'm ok with that as long as they say so. I'm not ok with any change where their stated intention doesn't match up with what they actually change. And that's what's currently happening here.

And for the record, you left out the rest of my post in your quote. Did you happen to read the whole thing? I only ask because your post sounds rather silly when you only quote part of mine.

Hedning1390

Farmer
Did you happen to read the whole thing?
Do you honestly believe people start reading posts randomly in the middle? I however asked you for one good reason why this GB should be different from all other GBs. If they want to make it more expensive they can make it hma which is more expensive than ema. An announcement changes nothing about how good or bad the new gt is. It can only change our view about how good or bad innogames are.

Rusje

Steward
So, right now the galata has the costs for a now age building and the rewards for an EMA building.
Is this going to change? I think the goal was to make this GB cheaper to level, but they made it more expensive... I thought they'd change this 'bug' within a few days, but now we're more than 2 weeks later and still nothing has changed. Is this ever going to happen or will they leave it like this?

"Last but not least, please keep in mind that with this change, the Galata Tower will become an Early Middle Ages’ Great Building, which means that all the contributions to evolve it will generate less Forge Points rewards to donators, as otherwise the Galata Tower would behave adversely from other Great Buildings." (Source : official announcement)

As the Galata Tower is currently behaving adversely from other Great Buildings, I suppose this aspect where the contributions are equivalent to EMA and the total cost of the levels are equivalent to No Age is not normal. I see there 2 possibilities, either I am not understanding the announcement the right way and the Galata is meant to be this way (which I doubt), or the current state of the GB is Inno's mistake.

As the change went live a few weeks ago, maybe this is not the right place to be asking this, but I do not know where else to post it.

@lordwasa Would it be possible to have an official statement on whether or not this problem is an actual one and will be addressed ? Or if it was meant to be this way ? Thanks in advance :)

---- Pictures below to illustrate my point (Contributions are equal (some spots are taken at 1.92 and not 1.9), Total Cost clearly isn't) ----

Picture of my Hagia lvl 74 -> 75 (Total cost of 2987 FPs) :
Capture d’écran 2021-03-30 154045.png

Picture of my Galata of the same level (Total cost of 3236 FPs) :
image_2021-03-30_154332.png

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So, right now the galata has the costs for a now age building and the rewards for an EMA building.
Is this going to change? I think the goal was to make this GB cheaper to level, but they made it more expensive... I thought they'd change this 'bug' within a few days, but now we're more than 2 weeks later and still nothing has changed. Is this ever going to happen or will they leave it like this?

The main goal is they wanted to make it a normal GB with blueprints from normal sources (aiding/random blueprints) rather than the questline.

They could've made it HMA and kept all the costs past level 10 the same (no age buildings match HMA buildings in cost & reward past 10). But they decided on HMA costs with EMA rewards for whatever reason - and used the justification that it'd have been too rewarding if the rewards weren't cut - but that only applies if they'd also cut the total FP cost.

One wrinkle that might be in the way of reducing the costs to EMA as well is that if a level in progress has too many FP invested already for the new reduced cost and how that would be handled internally.

Personally I'd be in favor of "our bad, we were smoking crack, we didn't need to lower the rewards after all because the costs are still the same anyways, we restored the rewards to HMA levels to match the HMA costs, carry on" - whether the building counts as EMA or HMA for blueprints/goods is unimportant.

Last edited:
The main goal is they wanted to make it a normal GB with blueprints from normal sources (aiding/random blueprints) rather than the questline.

They could've made it HMA and kept all the costs past level 10 the same (no age buildings match HMA buildings in cost & reward past 10). But they decided on HMA costs with EMA rewards for whatever reason - and used the justification that it'd have been too rewarding if the rewards weren't cut - but that only applies if they'd also cut the total FP cost.
If that's the case, it would be nice if they'd say/said that, instead of putting out conflicting information then going stone silent on the issue when it is raised over and over.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If that's the case, it would be nice if they'd say/said that, instead of putting out conflicting information then going stone silent on the issue when it is raised over and over.

Well I mean wanting to ditch the questline as the main motivator for the change to being an EMA building was obvious from their statement.

The rest of it though, I agree - their chain of logic seems fuzzy :p

Rusje

Steward
@lordwasa Would it be possible to have an official statement on whether or not this problem is an actual one and will be addressed ? Or if it was meant to be this way ? Thanks in advance :)
Is it possible to give us some information @Iordwasa ? Maybe you have to ask it to the game developers first, but it would be nice if we knew that you're busy with it. I've asked this more than 2 weeks ago, but apart from the likes (thanks for them!) there was no reaction on this...

qaccy

Emperor
|It's intended behavior and won't be changed
I regret missing this post when it was more current, as I don't like this response. Not when the announcement for the change clearly states one of the goals as preventing the Galata Tower from 'behaving adversely from other Great Buildings'. As of the change, the GT does exactly that. It's an Early Middle Ages GB with the costs of a High Middle Ages GB. If that's not behaving adversely from other GBs, then I don't know what is. If this is intended, then that makes the announcement pretty misleading.