• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Delay when aborting quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeVee

Squire
ISO 9241-171:2008 provides ergonomics guidance and specifications for the design of accessible software for use at work, in the home, in education and in public places. It covers issues associated with designing accessible software for people with the widest range of physical, sensory and cognitive abilities, including those who are temporarily disabled, and the elderly. It addresses software considerations for accessibility that complement general design for usability
What would happen if we complained to the market regulator because Innogames puts a product on the market that does not comply with the European directives?

Last edited:
The easiest solution, and the one inno was actually going for by implementing RQ-destroying elements in the game, is to just get rid of RQ's. I already got rid of all my production buildings in my worlds due to the zooming.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
The easiest solution, and the one inno was actually going for by implementing RQ-destroying elements in the game, is to just get rid of RQ's. I already got rid of all my production buildings in my worlds due to the zooming.

As a practical solution, yeah, that works.

Yet, this change takes away an entire playing style, and that loss of diversity makes FoE a lot more boring. Much of the time I fight, but there are days when it’s good to just chill, do RQs and listen to music.

This change was done deliberately to prevent folks from questing, though it’s been a major part of playing for years. So instead of a nice and fun break from work and stress, they’ve turned FoE into a frustrating chore with too little fun.

Yeah, they are all so smart with their behavioral psychology approaches; but they don't really get it. The point is not to be ever more efficient in ripping people off; the point is supposed to be delivering a better customer experience. Inno is failing on that.

Sadly I pretty much agree with @jovada
all they want is new players that spend diamonds even only for one or two years and then leave because bored.

Owl II

Emperor
Do you understand that you have blessed the players to use clickers? Because those who abuses it will not stop. They'll just do a little less. But thousands of honest players aredeprived of the basic economics of the game now. Who would willingly be subjected to such torture?

Last edited:

Fenix

Viceroy
Actually, I do not know who is more pathetic: the person that come up with this, or the person that authorized it. The arrogance, and lack of common sense are appalling.
The use of auto cliques is the major source of abuse, not the casual player that do not use them (even if he has the time to "abuse" manually this feature). I think it was this that was not understood.

-Alin-

Emperor
After the death of Anwar Dalati (the lead game designer of InnoGames and not only a game designer), back in 2015, InnoGames made terrible changes in the past few years in their games, main target being Forge of Empires ...

After tons of feedback regarding trillions of ranking points made from Great Buildings higher levels, they finally made a change after a year and reduced the points, but with this change they f..d up the ranking, supplies and coins used to give points in ranking before the change, after they have „fixed” and added only fights/goods spent and buildings/great buildings to main ranking.
They did nothing about GvG exploiting and about people which were using and are still using macros and click recorders to place sieges in a fraction of second, they haven't added the eras higher than Future Era in it, they just left it as an abandoned house and after all the feedback and bad changes which were reverted back to normal, after they added GbG, hopefully this will make peope forget about GvG existence, but this isnt the case for all players, It was simple just to remove if completely from the game, mobile players still have no chance to play GvG, so this should be the best solution for all GvG problems.
GbG another good and bad thing for players, good for advanced guilds doing pingpong between sectors and bad for other players which arent in advanced guilds and are forced to play the way bigger guilds are force telling to them, sitting in a corner ...
They made another mistake in SAM with removing the possibility to still gather Mars ore from Continent Map when You advanced to the next era, after major feedback they made changes with their synthesizers costs and capacities to be relevant for players, even if its taking space from your main city ...
Many of the changes and implements made in the last 2 years are against players, not for them.
Garbage Arena, another subject, which cant be named PvP, it is totally different, It has nothing to do with Player versus Player.
After a complete year of letting people spam reccuring questline with click recorders made to repeat the same movements after every 12 quests, people who have made hundred millions of points in ranking from that moment, Inno came with the „helping/solution” change, affecting not only the people who spammed those quests, but affecting every people from the entire game ...
If You want to keep those fighting quests even for the next era, then remove all the ranking points made from those fights and the future fights via Reccuring Quests, this seems to be the best solution for everyone, not the delay, but I am sure Inno will not do the same way as they did with trillions of points made from great buildings 5 years ago.

If the next era will be annoying, bugs after bugs( which Innogames are maintain to their puppets ”Community Managers” to tell us aren't bugs and are ”intended improvements”) I consider quiting after 8 years of playing this game, it is clear for almost everyone those changes are made againt them.

And don't tell me to keep this ontopic, I am talking about major bugs, like the delay for quests, Château Frontenac will become pointless raising it.

Last edited:

vesgouo

Baronet
-> This delay (Millions of FP to level the Château Frontenac ... to becomes trash)
-> The annoying zoom on productions (it should have been fixed a long time ago, but we still don't even have a forecast)
-> Click macroers (Click, click, click, click.. and more click, click, click....)
-> PVP tower (No coments needed)
-> GVG party
-> Shameless pushing, who do not receive punishment no matter how reported (On BR servers, some players are making whole guilds of fake accounts)
-> INNO doesn't care about beta players anymore... (Now just the "chosen ones")

I don't know what we're doing here yet...

the game is less fun at every day, just getting boring and demanding more time in my life

Heinrich IV

Merchant
This is realy a good way to stop "normal" players doing recuring quests.
I understand the problem with cheating recuring quests for fighting points but is it the simplest way delay all regular players.
Wouldn't it be much easier to remove those quests? It woudl be a kind of "win-win" as on one side it would avoid the possibility of cheating with those quests and in addition it woudl speed up the "normal recuring quests as there are less quests to abort.
Indeed as long as it is lke this I will stop doing the recuring quests. I am sure the bot players will not care about it - good Jogb Inno :).
The game should be funny and entertaining but it is getting more and more boring and time consuming.
But it will be funny if this will come to live servers - this will result in a big **** storm :).

vakini

Squire
the problem with cheating recuring quests for fighting points is easy to get over:

-either canselled all recuring quests with fightingpoints
- or change the recuring quests with fights to: finish 2 x 8 hours productions and then defeat this army

Gindi4711

Steward
This is not a bug.
This delay has been added to prevent exploiting of the recurring questline.

Could you give a bit more clarafication on what "prevent exloiting of the recurring questline" means:
.) Do you mean players using bots/scripts
.) Do you mean players manually using a certain quest combination to boost ranking points
.) Do you mean the idea of just picking 1-2 quests you like in general to maximise rewards (for example using only the "spend X FP" quests when paying in 1.9 group)

ISO 9241-171:2008 provides ergonomics guidance and specifications for the design of accessible software for use at work, in the home, in education and in public places. It covers issues associated with designing accessible software for people with the widest range of physical, sensory and cognitive abilities, including those who are temporarily disabled, and the elderly. It addresses software considerations for accessibility that complement general design for usability
What would happen if we complained to the market regulator because Innogames puts a product on the market that does not comply with the European directives?

There are a lot of standards and specifications. This does not mean you have to follow them if they do not suit your needs as long as there is not a law that says you have to follow them.

BeeVee

Squire
There are a lot of standards and specifications. This does not mean you have to follow them if they do not suit your needs as long as there is not a law that says you have to follow them.

1. European regulations ARE law that a manufacturer has to follow if he puts a product on the european market
2. European directives are law as soon as the national governments transcribed them into national laws
3. National governments must transcribe european directives within a certain period of time
4. You are right, you don't have to follow standards. but if you do follow them your product is considered as 'presumably compliant' with the essential requirements of the directives.
5. I would like to know how Innogames consider their product as compliant with the essential requirement that it may not cause harm due to few or no respect to human ergonomics

Last edited:
This is not a bug.
This delay has been added to prevent exploiting of the recurring questline.
And an increment of time of 1 millisecond at each recurring ? Not possible ?
That would fight bots and be transparent for player that do less than 1000 recurring quests.

Gindi4711

Steward
1.)
@BeeVee: No they are law IF a law specifies you have to follow them and specifies under which conditions. From what I have found this standard is only used in the context of employees using software at work. I have not found anything about games and from my experience and even here I doubt it applies to all software at least not in the interpretation you are using as in my 13 year career of a software developer I have heard anyone mentioning this standard (and we get flooded with standards in requirement specifications a lot).
So I guess you are trying to construct a legal case that is not there only because you do not like the changes.

2.) I cant try it out in beta as I only have 1 recurring quest there, but I think this change could serve 2 purposes:
a) Bots canceling 1 quest at a time get slowed down
b) Human players can now use the time to cancel a 2nd recurring quests before the animation start moving the buttons around. This was pretty hard sometimes before.

Heinrich IV

Merchant
It is not event much slower. I tested a loop in SAAB and it is 24s instead of 17s. So any kind of automatic clicker may be a bit slower but I do not think it will prevent any missusage on that way. But for a human player it feels like lasting trippe time and feels extremly slow. I know this is only the feeling of timeby wating for anything but exactly this is why it is a bad appoach. Why isn't it possible to simply remove the "unwanted" quests allowing cheating instead of killing the fun for all regular players?

Praeceptor

Marquis
I exploit these repeat fighting quests most days, and it takes quite a bit of time although due to my current illness I have plenty of time on my hands.

I do it because I'm trying to stay in the top 10 in Dinegu. I'd be very happy for the fighting quests to be removed so I don't have to keep playing them to maintain my place in the rankings. Even though I can spend a few hours doing the quests it is quite clear there are others who have found a way to automate the fights - some players do ten times the fights I do.

Just delete the quests and remove any other exploitable aspects to the game. I'm sure the vast majority of players would welcome that - including me.

Cleitomachus

Marquis
I suggest, when something is vulnerable by some "smart people", to remove it completely from the program, so that the rest of us can calm down and joy the game...

I suggest, when something is vulnerable by some "smart people", to remove it completely from the program, so that the rest of us can calm down and joy the game...
Then suppress siege camp on Guild Battleground, ? GvG ? Arc lvl > 10 ? Frontenac > 10 ? Market exchange ? loot ? and so on
Bots are everywhere on that game. And there is so many exploits on that game... that's a pitty

Status
Not open for further replies.