• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Production buildings menu new arrows

Artubar

Baronet
… something like that that auto-play switch on yuutuube would be great…
  • If turned on, it jumps to the next production building building - minus the zoom / pan (Basically not bad when just starting the same productions all over he city)
  • If turned off, it behaves like the old style window - it closes after one click. (This style is much faster - in the browser - for managing different blocks or rows of buildings with different production times, hold-number-click-click-click…)
The switch shouldn't be buried in the settings, but placed in the production window itself, e.g. in one of the corners for a quick style switch.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Wonders never cease for the US forums. As I kept referring this problem as a "bug", I had to drop some truths:

• Both browser and mobile are the same version. Minus the GvG that has been excluded in the mobile version, every other feature should have functioned the same.
• In the mobile version, while it will go from building to building when the window is opened, it did not zoom in after the last building was set.

While we can suggest for buildings to be grouped (same buildings like sleigh builders, then sunken treasures, then blacksmiths, etc.) together to make things much simpler, let's not forget that these "intentions" (by Inno's statement) like the zoom in via the browser version are not of the best.

I am sorry, but I will keep on referring this as a bug because it gets annoying to the point that I have to go into the mobile if I want to set up supply and goods productions (on my live worlds) and then come back into the browser for other things like GbG, GE, or even 1.8/9.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
If apart from GvG, the browser and mobile versions are the same, why do we have so many differences between the two?

Available on PCAvailable on Tablet
- GvG✅❌
- Premium automatic harvest of 5 diamonds✅❌
- discovery of road incidents, by sweeping the city by a bulky building❌✅
- access to the internal guild forum✅❌
- group sending of messages to all his neighborhood or all his friends❌✅
- visibility of a player's profile text by pointing to their avatar✅❌
- right click giving access to a menu✅❌
- very different combat management (movement of troops, choice of targets, identification of the terrain, identification of troops, etc.)✅❌
- Access to the classification of Great Monuments and medals✅❌
- select or remove troops from a composition in 1 click✅❌
- see open levels of a GM✅❌
- see the details of donations to the treasury✅❌
- see the details of the PFs on the GMs of players who are not friends, neighbors or members of the guild✅❌
- details of winnings on town hall✅❌
- visibility of the activity of guild members by a leader✅❌
- order of priority of units not revealed before first movement in combat✅❌
- GBG map zoom❌✅

Thunderdome

Emperor
@DEADP00L

Premium Auto Harvest of 5 Diamonds - Both Mobile and PC
Discovery of Road Incidents - Both on PC and Mobile
Guild Forum - No Longer In Use/Removed
Group Sending of Messages - Both PC and Mobile
See Open Levels of a GM - Both PC and Mobile
See Details of Donations - Both PC and Mobile

There, fixed it for you. Just because it's not right there in front of you doesn't mean you cannot check around to see what works within the mobile version and PC versions. The other things I can understand like right clicking to access a menu from wiki, support, and the like on the PC. However, to access those in the previous sentence, you have to go into settings and then into the appropriate tab to access. Just like troop set ups, you can slide them off and on with the mobile where you can just only click with the mouse on the PC version.

- order of priority of units not revealed before first movement in combat
However, I do not get this. Since when do we get some kind of info (aside from those units that have first strike capabilities) that tells us which units go first in a fight other than just watching them or looking up some wiki if we're in manual battle mode?

On my mobile app it will zoom in on the building while in the menu and then jump the town to the building of the next menu, but when I exited the menu it was at the zoom I had previous. So it's still very annoying and potentially siezure-triggering. I can't even look at the screen when doing RQ's anymore it's really hurting my head with all these flashing.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Also a feature missing on PC: Bulk-PM to friends
- group sending of messages to all his neighborhood or all his friends
------------------------
However, I do not get this. Since when do we get some kind of info (aside from those units that have first strike capabilities) that tells us which units go first in a fight other than just watching them or looking up some wiki if we're in manual battle mode?
We have the order of the troops, with an available focus, at the bottom of the screen which tells us which unit will hit before another, including when it is the same.
Important to type in priority those which could not survive before their turn.

Balinor

Steward
If apart from GvG, the browser and mobile versions are the same
Inno never said they were the same the players just assume they are
why do we have so many differences between the two?
Most likely reason is they want us to utilize both not just mobile only
The mobile game wasnt designed to be played without the PC (innos own fault)
It was created to let us do some stuff while we are away from the PC
They dont tell the app players this because
If they told them upfront that you cant access whole game from app most wouldnt even bother playing

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Please keep your feedback limited to the subject.
The browser and app version are different, that is true, but the app has limits in their performance and need to be developed seperately.
Therefore the choice has been made not to bring certain aspects of the game to the app, most notably GVG,

Thunderdome

Emperor
Please keep your feedback limited to the subject.
The browser and app version are different, that is true, but the app has limits in their performance and need to be developed seperately.
Therefore the choice has been made not to bring certain aspects of the game to the app, most notably GVG,
Maybe they should ask the app developers what they did to not get the annoying zoom so they can know where to find it on the PC version.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Some bits of info that interest me as I was digging through the other forums I am a member of:

Rumor has it that this "bug" is fixated onto an icon (pictured) that behaves in a similar fashion that annoyed many of us...

1613014211363.png
The Moon (Inactive Building) Icon

When clicked onto said icon, it will zoom in and will go towards the first inactive building it finds within the city (pictured). A couple of more clicks of said moon icon takes me to other inactive buildings in the city.

1613014477666.png
Zoomed in Buildings AFTER the Icon is Clicked

I didn't program this game, but a theory is on my mind: what if, what if the developers coded the new feature to this icon? Both behaved in the same way.

I didn't know you can do that with that icon. At first, I had thought that icon was just letting me know that I had buildings that are inactive without any productions going. Clicking wasn't an option as the tool tip states for the player to click on the idle buildings in the city (ones with the moon icons on top of them) to start productions of goods and/or supplies.

I FOUND MY DIFFERENCE!!! The mobile version doesn't have this icon (or any icons) like the PC browser version has on its display so this "bug" doesn't affect any mobile users/players when they accessed the feature to mass start their productions of supplies/goods.

Based on finding this out (honorable mentions to others that I won't say on this server if we have any biased folks, but if you're in EN, you probably may know who I was giving thanks to for finding this out), this icon/button is hardly used (before the feature came out) to be clicked upon, I think it's just redundant to have something to click onto when majority of the players have a fully zoomed out city and could see which buildings are idle/inactive. The icon serves as an indicator for majority of us, as with any other one that is displayed on the right side.

So, after my findings and feedback, I am suggesting to Inno to remove the clicking properties (and the actions that happen after you click on it) from the inactive icon since it serves as an indicator. By doing so, I am speculating that it will stop it from zooming in and possibly going from building to building in the background (wishful thinking on the latter part).

It's a nice feature since I can multi-start various productions (hopefully, fine tuning would have them grouped together and not go willy-nilly) but I can do without the annoying zoom.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Please remove the zoom and the panning. Anyone with motion sickness, seizures, and probably other similar issues will be unable to set the productions now. Not all of us who have the medical issues have a mobile device that can run this game.
For the same reason why I hardly play FPV (first person view) games. Too much motion would have me nauseated. Now if said game has an option where I can go into third person view or zoom out, I am playing it as I focus on that fixed object.

Still no news about this? :(
transat.jpg

he hasn't finished his beer and he has to watch the St Patrick's ships, he has no time to look at the zoom feature.
"It's not a bug just a feature" they said

estrid

Baronet
I FOUND MY DIFFERENCE!!! The mobile version doesn't have this icon (or any icons) like the PC browser version has on its display so this "bug" doesn't affect any mobile users/players when they accessed the feature to mass start their productions of supplies/goods.

That was a nice finding, Thunderdome. Clicking that icon does indeed move and zoom in. I can't see any reason why it must do the zoom in in that case either. I have made my choice of how big or small I want to have my city to look, why should the game to change it in any case. The sleeping moon- icon must move to the unoccupied building -if that function is left on the new feature is okay with me, I have my building grouped together. JUST NO ZOOMING IN!

Thunderdome

Emperor
Yep! I am getting a headache from constantly watching the "bug" zooming in and I am constantly zooming out. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be taken out back and beaten with a couple of thick phone books (if they still make them that is; I got a box load in the garage if they need).

Probably going to need a new mouse since I constantly use the wheel to zoom out so much as well.