• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Production buildings menu new arrows

JosefD

Merchant
Why was this turned on simultaneously on the live servers instead of first testing it on Beta? Please next time only open a new feature on live if and after it was approved on Beta!

It can be useful, sometimes it goes faster, sometimes, however, too fast if you wish to start different production times for different production buildings. And this zooming in at the end is blatant nonsense.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I've placed this as a bug (deemed appropriately) in the bug report section of the US forum. Gonna follow up on it.

Update
Honesty at work, I guess...
1612470857035.png

Wonder if their "intentions" ever won any "verification that it works" awards.

Last edited:

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
The auto-zoom is annoying in the main city screen, but I actaully like it for the settlements. Overall, while I hope they get rid of the auto-zoom, the new menus are a wonderful addition.

Thunderdome

Emperor
To the zoom issue, I noticed it doesn't happen when you have only 1 building that needs to be accessed to start production (as with selecting a single building in the old way). I also noticed it doesn't occur in mobile (can anyone else confirm this so I don't feel I am the only one). If the "auto-zoom" was "intentional" as one forum moderator on the US forum so stated then it's one "intention" that isn't going to get very much satisfaction from the players.

And, why wasn't this "intention" placed onto the beta server to test to get reviews and/or fixes before taking it to the live servers? Would this be a "new" thing now?

To the zoom issue, I noticed it doesn't happen when you have only 1 building that needs to be accessed to start production (as with selecting a single building in the old way). I also noticed it doesn't occur in mobile (can anyone else confirm this so I don't feel I am the only one). If the "auto-zoom" was "intentional" as one forum moderator on the US forum so stated then it's one "intention" that isn't going to get very much satisfaction from the players.

And, why wasn't this "intention" placed onto the beta server to test to get reviews and/or fixes before taking it to the live servers? Would this be a "new" thing now?

When you have only one single building, this autozoom is not there... but in the "old" way when you chose production, window was automaticly closed... now you have to close it... EDIT: This seems to be fixed now.

Regarding testing on beta... it is not the first time that only some people got opprotunity to test something... but I wonder who was testing this... clearly no one competent... or only people who dont go to forums etc... dunno... it is weird...

Last edited:
Can we expedite this issue due to the flashing screen possibly triggering seizures?

Its actually zooming in on the building the menu is open for and then moving the location to the next building, triggering flashing screen until the final building is finished. At a time, I had 100 blacksmiths in my OA city.

hvck

Farmer
Setting aside the question of how this was tested (it really is nuts that this wasn't fully beta tested before going live, with EVERYBODY complaining about the same things that would have quickly come out if tested by people who actually play the game) -

As I mentioned above, like others I have many blacksmiths to handle production quests and I don't want to have to flip through them every time. I've noticed that the screens in the production gallery are in some kind of sequence (chronological? geographical?) and maybe they are grouped by type, but I'm not sure.

A useful workaround could be to SORT the production buildings by age, starting with the latest age and keeping the same type of buildings together. That would put lower age buildings at the end (blacksmiths), and I can work on just one type of building at a time (if I want). But it's more likely that I want to work on the latest age buildings and hold off on the lower ages only for quests, so that means I would click from frame 1 to frame N and then stop when the blacksmiths appear.

So in summary: if I click on any Space Food Farm then all the Space Food Farms follow in order. Then any other buildings of SAA, grouped together. Then blacksmiths, grouped together. If I click first on a blacksmith first, then all the blacksmiths are grouped together and I cycle through them all, then I restart from the latest age again in reverse age order Space Food Farm down.

And of course eliminate the %#!^& zoom at the end.

Last edited:
New problem. Now when I use the hotkeys to start my production it is starting all my productions at that time interval all at once, not just the building I clicked on, and it is zooming in afterwards too!!!

PLEASE GET THIS FIXED ASAP

Nisse-X

Merchant
I do like being able to set harvests from one single place, great feature :)
But.... I very much dislike the "auto-moving-about" (and zoom) feature overall, both for setting harvests and in GE, it is quite annoying.
Could you please have this on a peer user basis in settings?

Last edited:

Nisse-X

Merchant
New problem. Now when I use the hotkeys to start my production it is starting all my productions at that time interval all at once, not just the building I clicked on, and it is zooming in afterwards too!!!

PLEASE GET THIS FIXED ASAP

That does seem like a real time saver (apart from the move/zoom). The devs maybe could assign it a different hotkey-combo?
I did not even know that worked, great feature :)

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Setting aside the question of how this was tested (it really is nuts that this wasn't fully beta tested before going live, with EVERYBODY complaining about the same things that would have quickly come out if tested by people who actually play the game) -

As I mentioned above, like others I have many blacksmiths to handle production quests and I don't want to have to flip through them every time. I've noticed that the screens in the production gallery are in some kind of sequence (chronological? geographical?) and maybe they are grouped by type, but I'm not sure.

A useful workaround could be to SORT the production buildings by age, starting with the latest age and keeping the same type of buildings together. That would put lower age buildings at the end (blacksmiths), and I can work on just one type of building at a time (if I want). But it's more likely that I want to work on the latest age buildings and hold off on the lower ages only for quests, so that means I would click from frame 1 to frame N and then stop when the blacksmiths appear.

So in summary: if I click on any Space Food Farm then all the Space Food Farms follow in order. Then any other buildings of SAA, grouped together. Then blacksmiths, grouped together. If I click first on a blacksmith first, then all the blacksmiths are grouped together and I cycle through them all, then I restart from the latest age again in reverse age order Space Food Farm down.

And of course eliminate the %#!^& zoom at the end.
I have forwarded the idea of an improvement to cycle through your buildings per sort. So if you select blacksmith, your first cycle through all your blacksmiths, than through all your bakeries, then etc.

Umbrathor

Baronet
People, if you do not wish ALL productions to be restarted in the same way, the easy solution is to not harvest them all at the same time.

The new mechanic allows for the following life-hack:
  1. Harvest the buildings you want to restart at the same durations
  2. Click a harvested building and press the number 1-6 for the desired time
  3. Rinse and repeat

For instance: if you have 8-hour and 24-hour productioins going, first harvest the 24 h ones, click one and press 6 until all are restarted at 24 h. Then harvest the 8 h ones, click one and press 5*.

*: For people who did not know this existing shortcut: pressing 1 starts the 5 min production, 2 the 15 min, 3 the 1h, 4 the 4h, 5 the 8h and 6 the 24h

My 2 cents:
  • quick restarting productions is very welcome, an excellent addition
  • any important change should be introduced on beta first to test, and only then be introduced to the live servers
  • the zoom at the end is indeed a mistake, glad to know that suggestion has been forwarded already
  • no need to group buildings by era, in view of the life-hack I suggested above
  • please consider treating the Confectionary as a normal production building and not grouping it in the 'event buildings' category. This goes for other Event production buildings that only give supplies for any time period as well.
  • please consider treating event buildings that have different times for different special productions as separate categories. For instance: buildings that have goods as their 24h production option should not be grouped with buildings that have fps as their 24h production option; buildings that have similar productions for each production time are fine to group together [some production buildings have different options per time period depending on their level: a Florishing Cider Mill for instance should not be grouped with a lvl 1 Cider Mill]

[Edit: added the *tip for players who may not know about it]

Sausage

Farmer
Overall its a great idea, but the time you gain is used up waiting for the zoom and pan to finish when your done.
I don't want to cycle through all my blacksmiths, so working around that is time consuming too.

If this feature was in a car, it would cycle through all the gears randomly then steer you off the road - quickest way to lose drivers.

Last edited:
I have now discovered something even more annoying with this collect and auto zoom feature.
In events there are often a certain production quests ( LOTS of them )
I have production buildings of various ages and when i need to do these quests with only a certain age, every time i set the production i now have to not only zoom out but also scroll my screen as it jumps to whichever empty building it feels like.
This is not just time consuming but i find my eyes go all squint with the quick zoom and jump movement.
I do not have words to describe how much i HATE this feature. :mad::mad::mad: