• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Production buildings menu new arrows

Artubar

Baronet
Jeeez... I asked for a screenshot, and got the whole thing on live!???
;)

Ok, all in all not a bad feature, but I fully agree with
- I don't understand why this was not tested at BETA before going live
- Don't touch my zoom :mad::mad::mad:
- Speed up the animation between the windows.
- make a similar system to cancel all productions
- put numerators on the windows, so we don't get lost .. like ... 1/15 ... 2/15 ... 3/15 ... etc.

I'd really love to hear the explanation from the person* who thought the zoom feature would be a great idea.
Maybe this person never had an own city bigger than five buildings and always plays on max zoom...? :rolleyes:

*sorry, have to watch my language

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
We are aware of the strong feelings about the zoom function across all markets and will forward this feedback.
However we cannot guarantee that this will be changed.

We are aware of the strong feelings about the zoom function across all markets and will forward this feedback.

Seriously? So people hate it, but you can't guarantee that this will be changed? And it was your own fault because you did not test it on enough people on beta! Hmm... I guess that is some food for thought... if peoples opinion and satisfaction is not a goal for a company...

Thunderdome

Emperor
It shouldn't been placed in the first place. Whilst I like the feature of being able to go through multiple production lines without clicking on each building (especially on a mobile when you click on a building in progress and nearly hit the diamond rush for such; I had to make sure the diamond spend confirmation is on so I don't make that mistake; it gets frustrating), I can do without the zoom annoyance. In fact, I wish all cities of mine kept their zoom properties set for I hate to keep on zooming out on a mobile when I set it for such.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Seriously? So people hate it, but you can't guarantee that this will be changed? And it was your own fault because you did not test it on enough people on beta! Hmm... I guess that is some food for thought... if peoples opinion and satisfaction is not a goal for a company...
We understand your point of view.
However those decisions are made by our gamedevelopers.
And although I do hope they change it, I cannot make any promises about it getting changed beside that we have forwarded this feedback.

hvck

Farmer
- In general a good development.

Two drawbacks for me:

- HATE the auto zoom
- In general I keep about 20 UNUSED blacksmiths ready for event quests that require 20x this or that. I guess I won't be doing that any more because I don't want to have to skip through 20+ buildings every time I produce.

We understand your point of view.
However those decisions are made by our gamedevelopers.
And although I do hope they change it, I cannot make any promises about it getting changed beside that we have forwarded this feedback.
Context is everything.

If you'd just said you are are aware and are forwarding the feedback no one would have questioned it. When you add " However we cannot guarantee that this will be changed." that implies that you have heard something that might make this unlikely to happen, whether you meant to imply that or not, and that immediately gets people's attention and response. And then you find yourself in a hole trying to dig your way out.

Artubar

Baronet
- In general I keep about 20 UNUSED blacksmiths ready for event quests that require 20x this or that. I guess I won't be doing that any more because I don't want to have to skip through 20+ buildings every time I produce.

I have built my blacksmiths on both sides of one dead end road, and I switch this quest lane on and off by (re)moving the first street tile at the road's beginning.
I use this method for quite some years now - because I can deal perfectly well with a "no street connection" icon, but not with a "building idle" since I always had to check if I forgot to start a "real" production.
And it comes in quite handy regarding this new feature.

/edit: just remembered that there is some kind of grouping of buildings - when I tried it out today, my sleigh builders and sunken treasures (i.e. special productions) where in one group, while the plain supplies productions were in another, and my goods buildings were in a third group.
For each group, I had to click one building, start the production and cycle through the others in this group; after the last one, the "start window" closed and I had to repeat with the next group.
(But there's no distinction between ages, my testing smiths (BA) and hunters (SA) where in the same group.)

Last edited:
DetailedHandsomeBonobo-small.gif

Not sure if I hate it not including all production buildings together or not yet.

It won't be the first time something has been generally disliked but the developers still kept it.
I have long ago come to the conclusion that players can complain or suggest whatever they like, but the devs only take note if it suits them, not the players.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Context is everything.

If you'd just said you are are aware and are forwarding the feedback no one would have questioned it. When you add " However we cannot guarantee that this will be changed." that implies that you have heard something that might make this unlikely to happen, whether you meant to imply that or not, and that immediately gets people's attention and response. And then you find yourself in a hole trying to dig your way out.
I did not imply that, I find the zoom button also quite annoying to be fair ;)