• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Disable Edit/Deleting of messages in a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
In our 1.9 thread we use the copy, remove what you claim and post back method.

Today I claimed a spot and was almost adding to the GB when I saw that someone else already did that.

It seemed to be the player above me in the 1.9 thread, who edited his post after I claimed the spot and the spot I claimed was gone from his message.

If we would both have added to the GB I would have been wrong because there is no visibility that I ever tried to claim the spot.
Details
In thread settings, next to "Important" and "Block Thread" make another option "Block Edit" and "Block Removal"
Balance
No big impact, just 2 checkboxes in the thread options
Abuse Prevention
No I don't see why this would be the case. Also, in the past players weren't able to edit or remove at all.
Summary
Add 1 or 2 checkboxes for leaders to block editing or removing in the thread settingss
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I did, could not find it
I would like to see an option to remove the possibility to edit or remove messages in a thread.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Bellasaurus

Merchant
You should not have posted without paying the FP's first.
The 1.9 Thread I am in does this and we do not seem to have this problem.
What I find problematical is that when you see this message was deleted, you wonder want was the message. I'd rather the message be removed.

I would vote NO.

I also vote no. The bigger problems is when multiple people post at the same time. I've edited my posts to add/remove GB and it's never caused a problem. Don't put your FP on before you send the message, and give it a minute before adding your FP to avoid collision. I don't like seeing message removed in gbg command email because it erases plans/evidence, but it's not like I'm in a guild of thieves.

And there's no poll.

You should not have posted without paying the FP's first.
The 1.9 Thread I am in does this and we do not seem to have this problem.
What I find problematical is that when you see this message was deleted, you wonder want was the message. I'd rather the message be removed.

I would vote NO.
Adding before claiming is not a good option. That's even a greater risk that 2 players add at the same time.
Rule with us is first claim, then wait to see if there is a double claim, then add.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Absolutely No. Editing messages is a useful and (in all 5 guilds I’m in) very popular change. If a thread is not working well, it's up to your guild to sort out how to manage threads more effectively.

Absolutely No. Editing messages is a useful and (in all 5 guilds I’m in) very popular change. If a thread is not working well, it's up to your guild to sort out how to manage threads more effectively.
So how is it harming you if the option is there for a single thread to apply this?
The change will stay like it is, I am only asking for extra thread options.

-Alin-

Emperor
Yes, should be usefull the option to choose for few threads the possibility to block editing/deleting messages from any guild player.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
So how is it harming you if the option is there for a single thread to apply this?
The change will stay like it is, I am only asking for extra thread options.

For one, there is no standardization of where 1.9 threads are: they could be in either guild or social threads.

2nd, many guilds have 2 or more similar threads (1.8, 1.85, 1.9, 1.9 restricted to only 1 GB, like an Arc).

How would you designate the "one" thread if there are multiple?

Let's say you get the change, and it is broadly written so that the guild founder can pick which thread to prevent edits/deletes on.
How will you convince the leader to pick the 1.9 thread to apply that rue on? Maybe guild leadership decides to restrict edits on the GBG thread, or GVG, or Guild rules thread or any other thread. Even if the rule requires the thread to be named “1.9 thread”, what do you do if there are more than one?

In both cases (and there are other options), you still have to spend time/effort convincing your guildies to follow the rules.

Which means the best, least complicated solution is for your guild to agree on and enforce better guild etiquette. Then guild leaders can figure out how to handle those who break rules. And if the guild is too poorly managed to do that, you're free to find a better guild.

Regardless, you've provided no good justification for changing the rules applying to all players, just to help one guild's lack of good management.

I don't know why you focus so much on 1.9.
I am just asking for extra thread settings so thread owners or leaders can set it to no edit/delete.

You can mark them important or lock them now too. So you are saying that needs to ne removed too, because how are you going to decide which to mark important?

1.9 was just an example, I am sure there are more examples and it does not need to be used. It's just an extra option in thread settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.