• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event 2021

Its just badly designed event, which inno probably knows from last year 60 page thread and just copy and pasted the whole thing without changing a lick of it. The concept of the game is good, but the way it was implemented is way unbalanced.

Most of my guildies will have a level 9 building, but not enough pots of gold to get to 10. We're just not given enough from the daily quests to get enough upgrades to PLAY THE GAME and do the city tasks. Its pretty backwards to do better by not playing an event and only doing a few cities. That somehow doing the cities costs MORE pots per upgrade due to having to play 2-3 cities than to collect all of the chests at the end of one city. I seriously don't think any of the devs thought any of the numbers through on this.

Its also getting real arduous for me to sit here while my level 295 festival only churns out 600B shamrocks and the next blipping upgrade costs 1000x that at 160T or 1Q to get to level 300. The calculator estimates that my next ONE level will come in 88 minutes. REAL arduous.

BritishBoy

Marquis
Its just badly designed event, which inno probably knows from last year 60 page thread and just copy and pasted the whole thing without changing a lick of it. The concept of the game is good, but the way it was implemented is way unbalanced.

Most of my guildies will have a level 9 building, but not enough pots of gold to get to 10. We're just not given enough from the daily quests to get enough upgrades to PLAY THE GAME and do the city tasks. Its pretty backwards to do better by not playing an event and only doing a few cities. That somehow doing the cities costs MORE pots per upgrade due to having to play 2-3 cities than to collect all of the chests at the end of one city. I seriously don't think any of the devs thought any of the numbers through on this.

Its also getting real arduous for me to sit here while my level 295 festival only churns out 600B shamrocks and the next blipping upgrade costs 1000x that at 160T or 1Q to get to level 300. The calculator estimates that my next ONE level will come in 88 minutes. REAL arduous.
Event is 101.5% copied from last year + added small rewards for mini game tasks. So you have all experience from last year and still lvl 9 building (considering last upgrade from last quest)? Means you messed up easiest event in game

BritishBoy

Marquis
Yesterday evening I finished my forth city, bought 4th set of 6 chests (4 selection kits) + 1 selection kit from mistery box + base and 2 up kits from quests (one of them for last quest) + 2 selection kits from mini game = 10. Easy - peasy - lemon squeazy

I havent tried it, but when I get all of the chest it will open another box with more chests to open. If this works, theres NO POINT in playing the game at all until the last 2-3 days and unlocking 7 sets of chests.

Owl II

Emperor
I already have 8 levels. I'll get ninth for the last quest. And for the tenth, I need 15 tasks. I think I'll make it tomorrow. I chose the long version with 12 towns and no chests. In fact, it is not so much long as sloppy. I did not spare the pots for managers if these tasks prevented me from moving forward optimally. Example: there is a task to upgrade the flower factory. And two tasks for upgrading managers. And behind them is a task for 100 or 150 upgrades (we don't see it yet, but we know it from the task lists from last year). I prefer to spend a few pots on a manager and then do 2 tasks at the same time.

Last edited:

Lekaylee

Farmer
Yesterday evening I finished my forth city, bought 4th set of 6 chests (4 selection kits) + 1 selection kit from mistery box + base and 2 up kits from quests (one of them for last quest) + 2 selection kits from mini game = 10. Easy - peasy - lemon squeazy

Wow, you must be very lucky with the incidents,.... I have to wait, 1170 Gold left and daily Quest ready^^ not enough to open 6 Chests. ;)

Radarjohn

Farmer
I don't think this is a bug but when you reach level 240 or there about on the festival, it cost a lot of shamrocks to go another level. Instead of going up the amount stays the same and you have to add more shamrocks to move the counter up. And it does the same thing on the shipyard, but it works fine on all of the other stores. Thank you

GateKeeper

Baronet
The gameplay is fine as is. Yes it takes patience, thought and math on how to play it correctly, that's probably where some of the dislike comes from.

I would like to see a better 5% option on the Spec Building, cause Supplies blah, only thing worse would be Coins. I would even say just remove it and add it to Medals % chance. Or if you want to keep the 5% chance slot how about a Random Tower or Random Tower upgrade?

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I like this event, but I never actually play it for real on Beta. I always try to go for the largest possible amount of shamrocks at the end of the event. This year, I'm ending it out at over 2 QT (quintillion) in the bank. I produce about 39.6Q every 2 hours, which means I get 5.42T every second.

The biggest bottleneck ends up being the festival, but it just became way too expensive to upgrade. Next year I'm shooting for getting both the festival and ship to level 400, and seeing how much I produce then. Maybe then I'll need fireworks at 100 to keep up. Who knows.

Stupid? Yeah. But I still enjoy it.
Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 12.18.05 PM.png

Since you use most of your PoG (1900) for the 6 chests between towns, how much do you have budgeted for the 4 towns?

Sinitar

Regent
I havent tried it, but when I get all of the chest it will open another box with more chests to open. If this works, theres NO POINT in playing the game at all until the last 2-3 days and unlocking 7 sets of chests.
My druid temple is at level 9;if I'll done 8 cities,at the end I will have 11 upgrades ;)

BritishBoy

Marquis
Wow, you must be very lucky with the incidents,.... I have to wait, 1170 Gold left and daily Quest ready^^ not enough to open 6 Chests. ;)
Not very lucky, only 450 PoG's so far for whole event
Since you use most of your PoG (1900) for the 6 chests between towns, how much do you have budgeted for the 4 towns?
from 610 to 700 for managers and 1900 for chests for every town. Easy. Very.

BritishBoy

Marquis
I already have 8 levels. I'll get ninth for the last quest. And for the tenth, I need 15 tasks. I think I'll make it tomorrow. I chose the long version with 12 towns and no chests. In fact, it is not so much long as sloppy. I did not spare the pots for managers if these tasks prevented me from moving forward optimally. Example: there is a task to upgrade the flower factory. And two tasks for upgrading managers. And behind them is a task for 100 or 150 upgrades (we don't see it yet, but we know it from the task lists from last year). I prefer to spend a few pots on a manager and then do 2 tasks at the same time.
12 towns :) you're crazy :)

Or I guess you only do 25 tasks per town?