• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

colosseum antiquated

maxbergheim

Squire
with the new era the coliseum is really useless. you can not improve performance? or change the fixed bonus happiness 4000 to an increase %

DeletedUser

Coloseum: 1100 happiness level 1
Space Needle: 1200 happiness level 1

one cost 300 goods.
the other 1750 and 1750 more (=3500) to produce them because great buildings don't give you ME goods
and the needed FPs to improve the building are also much higher

and now the million dollar question:
which one should be improved :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2752

The space needle is smaller though if I am correct? I know it should probably start a bit higher (at least 2K) since it's other bonus is useless to anyone with St. Marks (or active enough for 1-hour houses).

I think the real question here is: how much space is a medal worth? The answer matters on your activity. You have to look at the amount of space military buildings take up, and the amount of medals you are awarded from it.

Hm, okay, to remove the difference in size, we remove the proportion out of the equation... 1200*(6*7)/(6*6)=1400. A Space Needle of the size of the Colosseum would have a bonus of 1400 happiness. Riiight... I am still waiting for an announcement, the Needle be a very late April fool's hoax. Or at least the bonuses respective their values.

DeletedUser

You've got it wrong.

Colosseum is a medal GB (one of the only two in game) that also gives happiness as secondary bonus. It would have been nice if it was smaller, but the medals make it worth it. Still, 4k happiness allows you to save a little space from cultural building placement, at least until the Progressive Age.

DeletedUser

the medals are so not worth it unless you are using colliseum for very inactive account you check once in a while or you are strictly a no battle type

DeletedUser

I myself would raze a lvl10 colloseum when transforming from Academies to Trading Companies in CA, cause I normally run a polish based town. Although purely per tile, even a polished doctor beats it, it still has some value saving P/M for a while.