• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler PvP-Arena Take 2

Owl II

Emperor
In short, you can farm in solidarity and unity. And you can even enjoy it. But FOE currently not have a platform where guilds can identify the strongest. There is no competitive environment in the full sense. Аnd this makes the game bland

CrashBoom

Legend
and it is more unfair :rolleyes:
comparable sectors (for example directly next to starting heading to the center) give different points and can have different amount of buildings

But FOE currently not have a platform where guilds can identify the strongest.
players in top guild don't want to identify which is the strongest guild
they simply want to make as many fights as possible to get as many reward as possible
:rolleyes:

how about a real which is the strongest guild competition
GBG 10 times more sectors. start sector can be conquered. no buildings.
if a guild lose all sectors they are eliminated (including start sector. but a guild will continue after losing start sector if they have at least one more sector)
reward: only for the winner guild. but no reward for farming with swapping sectors
time reward: for every day remaining the reward will increase. so guilds are motivated to be fast

and then let's see who is really the strongest guild and can take all sectors in the first day o_O

Owl II

Emperor
Unfortunately, devs are not take into account past experience. From the first post, we will soon get another questionable Guild rating. Where is no team work to achieve the general result. It will be enough to gather in one Guild all who are make up the ranking wich fights now (quests or Champs on GVG - no matter).

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
On certain worlds of the French server, the guilds which have regrouped the most active players in GBG are now complaining of being bored due to a lack of fights.

How about getting back to the main topic of the PvP arena, version two?

if a guild lose all sectors they are eliminated (including start sector. but a guild will continue after losing start sector if they have at least one more sector)
reward: only for the winner guild. but no reward for farming with swapping sectors
time reward: for every day remaining the reward will increase. so guilds are motivated to be fast

and then let's see who is really the strongest guild and can take all sectors in the first day

I see two scenarios:
1. A top fast/strong guild manage to take all sectors wiping out all others, (almost seen sometimes now but all guilds remain with at least 1 sector, the starting one which can not be currently conquerred).
2. Royal Rumble match type where guilds form factions or alliances aimed to eliminate opponents and then when no more opponents are available, the no agression pacts are over and battle continue to determine the winner.

Emberguard

Emperor

and then let's see who is really the strongest guild and can take all sectors in the first day
Ok, I'm in. Ready to get my butt kicked :D Where do I sign up? :D

Emberguard

Emperor
1. A top fast/strong guild manage to take all sectors wiping out all others, (almost seen sometimes now but all guilds remain with at least 1 sector, the starting one which can not be currently conquerred).
Yeah, could be over within the first hour quite easily =,D

2. Royal Rumble match type where guilds form factions or alliances aimed to eliminate opponents and then when no more opponents are available, the no agression pacts are over and battle continue to determine the winner.
that could indeed occur. Especially if it's possible to tell who you're up against before the match begins. It could potentially occur through reading your opponents actions without talking to them if both guilds deem it not worth going head on against their strongest opponent on the map until later.

I come back to the subject ARENA PVP version 2:

The Canadians will be excluded for the world ranking since he plays on the French servers !!!

So the world ranking will not reflect reality

I come back to the subject ARENA PVP version 2: The Canadians will be excluded for the world ranking since he plays on the French servers !!! So the world ranking will not reflect reality.

The world have over 170 countries, the game does not have yet an individual server for each country. Even if FOE creates a Canadian server for those playing at the French ones, where the english speaking canadians would play? Most likely they will stay at the EN and US servers where they play now. People of many countries, including people from countries that already have a server, play at the EN Server. I have canadians players at my guild at EN4 Dinegu.

Besides.. leaving the French server to play at a new Canadian Server would mean to abandon their already developed cities to start again at Stone Age at a new world/server. How many canadians players would do that? Maybe only those that are just starting the game and still at BA and maybe Iron Age.

The world have over 170 countries, the game does not have yet an individual server for each country. Even if FOE creates a Canadian server for those playing at the French ones, where the english speaking canadians would play? Most likely they will stay at the EN and US servers where they play now. People of many countries, including people from countries that already have a server, play at the EN Server. I have canadians players at my guild at EN4 Dinegu.

Besides.. leaving the French server to play at a new Canadian Server would mean to abandon their already developed cities to start again at Stone Age at a new world/server. How many canadians players would do that? Maybe only those that are just starting the game and still at BA and maybe Iron Age.

ok so another poorly thought out thing

Rusje

Steward
I'm from Belgium and I play on the server of The Netherlands... They can't make a server for every country, it's better by language. Because in Belgium, we would need 3 servers, one for the dutch speaking, one for the French speaking and one for the german speaking Belgians, where only a few people would play... It's just not possible.

I know players from Iran on the US server, and plenty from Europe. What server a person plays on is a choice they make, and I think the game is better for it.

As to world ranking, the way I read it is that it will be based on each individual world within a server, not the actual world as a whole. So on US12 (my main on Mt. Killmore) there will be a ranking list. Over on US1 there will be another ranking list totally separate. I see no problem with that, and no one is excluded.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
As to world ranking, the way I read it is that it will be based on each individual world within a server, not the actual world as a whole
I also do not really think there will be cross server rankings, but where is the difference then between "global ranking" and "world ranking"

In the info-screen text, there's no mention of "World Ranking" but there is a "Personnal Ranking" which we don't see amongst the icons. Maybe one of the icons is misnamed.