• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2020

GateKeeper

Baronet
I noticed the increased the Calendar rewards to two Kits now and 100 Goods. Thanks for listening on that aspect, it really did need a prize increase at minimum. Although its still not enough based on whats needed to get all doors open.

It will still be very expensive in diamonds to get every day in the Calendar. If you look at it, by Day 12 when the average player, who even pace themselves, and stop opening boxes after getting they get a key each day, will be broke on cookies/stars. So on Day 13ish there will be 3 tries per day to find a key, maybe 4 tries at best, depending on incidents. That's 20 days of the calendar where players will only have a 3 out of 18 chance, or 1/6 chance or 16% chance of getting a key in that day. Thats 1/6x1/6x1/6....do this 20 times = probability of 1/3,656,158,440,062,976.

Ok so solution to that probability can be either; reduce the number of 10 picks needed to =1 lockpick so maybe its 4 picks or 6 picks (but you also have to increase the chance of collecting these picks as well; or reduce the amount of locks altogether; or increase the amount when a key is found to 2 or 3 keys;

Could do a complete revamp of Keys. Lets say you keep all calendar doors, again the chances of finding a key is 1/6, UNLESS you get a Shuffle before you find it, than its even lower obviously, anyways.... Make it simple. Make the dailies a key! You wouldn't have to change the prizes behind the door, they can stay crappy....sorry "less desirable" daily items that they are. You already adjusted the final reward to be reasonable reward with this method. You won't lose diamonds purchases cause now players can buy more full sleighs since they aren't blowing 500 diamonds on a lockpick (only 400 diamonds if they did the daily to get two picks).

Or keep it the same hope people spend 10,000 diamonds, estimating 20 lockpick purchases, that's probably on the low side.

thankfully 3 days left, we need to get this bad taste out of our mouths. Unless any of the changes myself and pretty much every other member stated this event will be an ultimate failure in Live.

Opening presents to find a key, fun idea.
Opening an Advent Calendar for prizes every day, fun idea.
Getting an additional prize for finding the daily prize, good idea.
3 Level-6 spec buildings, so if you get plundered you only lose a 1/3 of the items. agreeable/good idea

but thats where the fun/good ideas end......and here comes the bad....

Opening presents with 1 out of 18 chance to find a key, a bit much. Then mix in a chance of a shuffle after opening say 4 or 5 or 6...presents....., oooouuucchh.
Opening an Advent Calendar after finding a key, only to find out that 85% of the gifts are really...lets just say Reindeer poop. If these are the prizes just make them free prizes for logging on, you aren't blowing any minds with these "gifts".
Needing to find a key every day for 32 days with odds worse than the Powerball Lottery (see math above on odds) of achieving such a goal! The daily quests only gives you 1 key every 5 days, not enough to complete the calendar, so those are kind of pointless daily rewards.
Actually finding the daily prize, with the same odds of finding a key, then to find out that additional prize sits in a sleigh valued at 2995 diamonds until you collect 9 items, yup ooouuucchh.
3 Level-6 spec buildings, that we are told you cant line up in order to get the bonuses; the buildings are 3x5 or 5x3, that always confuses me ;) ....point is they are large already, but if you cant line them up, you make an awful, ugly shape. To top if off, without getting about 20-25 shuffles, you won't be able to get all 3 buildings to level 6 without diamonds.

again this has all been said before, but with Dudettas leaving, I wanted to give Cliff notes to the next "Dudettas".

jovada

Regent
Like i said before i will do no effort on our servers , the only thing i will do is save my stars till wintertrain shows up and maybe collect an extra train.

You will have 1 or 2 bakery upgrades short to maximize the bonus and you need 45 tiles to put them.
You mostly have 1 upgrade in the sleigh but you must pay 2995 diamonds
You never can do the calendar without spending tons of diamonds

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Glad that I have trialed this event on Beta. The experience means that I don't have to bother with it on live. Why? - Main prize bakeries - worst reward to space ratio that I have found from event prizes; reindeer - 3K diamonds for a load of stuff that I mostly neither need nor want; the calendar - virtually no possibility of completing without a huge diamond investment. All in all, thank you Inno, I will now have more cash to spend on my family instead of buying extra diamonds from you.

Lekaylee

Farmer
Hello,
Did not read all.
But unfortunately i recognised somethin I do not know if this is a bug or not,...
I got double on the Calender and picked with it the Calender Key. So far... I took it and it says instead the second i will get 10x lock pick,... but i got not even 1 ?
Did anyone notice this , too?

poodle666

Farmer
30 days and I have received just a single key from the presents. The prizes are just not worth the time and effort. Will definitely telling my other worlds to give this one a miss.

6zeva9

Baronet
Hello,
Did not read all.
But unfortunately i recognised somethin I do not know if this is a bug or not,...
I got double on the Calender and picked with it the Calender Key. So far... I took it and it says instead the second i will get 10x lock pick,... but i got not even 1 ?
Did anyone notice this , too?
The 10 is for the 10 Stars that are added back onto your total number of Stars, you also got 1 lock pick along with the daily calendar key.

GateKeeper

Baronet
View attachment 6211

Two days left and I'm finally done with this disaster of an event. I guess I was holding out hope that they would fix the bakeries so they can be chained but putting four down into a + shape so you can only get max bonuses on two of them (and it will look awful that way) is one of the worst event ideas ever.
Today I found a key !!! 10FP's for day 31 . I found 2 keys since Day 16, when my stockpile of Stars ran out, and went to only 3-4 tries a day. I'm assuming you have dropped a lot of diamonds?

Lekaylee

Farmer
View attachment 6211

Two days left and I'm finally done with this disaster of an event. I guess I was holding out hope that they would fix the bakeries so they can be chained but putting four down into a + shape so you can only get max bonuses on two of them (and it will look awful that way) is one of the worst event ideas ever.

how much Diamonds?
1604572222793.png Thats what it looks at my place -.-

No Comment. A wonderful Idea but too much "shuffle" and out of Stars. In the upper Row i used the Lock picks..

GateKeeper

Baronet
mmmm doesnt this look so "good" not in a straight line? :mad: and yes the loading screen still shows the buildings can connect in a straight line to get the bonuses, but thats not correct. THE BUILDINGS NEED TO LINE UP OR IT LOOKS LIKE THIS. I suppose the top image is best, shrug

"EDIT"-well the 2nd image is kind of growing on me as better. cause you can put a 3x3 and 3x2 vs the 1st image, a 2x2 and 2x3 and just "1's" along one side. HOWEVER, they should still line up!

1604622915583.png
1604623148934.png

Last edited:

LordVaderIII

Marquis
mmmm doesnt this look so "good" not in a straight line? :mad: and yes the loading screen still shows the buildings can connect in a straight line to get the bonuses, but thats not correct. THE BUILDINGS NEED TO LINE UP OR IT LOOKS LIKE THIS. I suppose the top image is best, shrug

"EDIT"-well the 2nd image is kind of growing on me as better. cause you can put a 3x3 and 3x2 vs the 1st image, a 2x2 and 2x3 and just "1's" along one side. HOWEVER, they should still line up!

View attachment 6214
View attachment 6215
Both ways looks terrible. The buildings were obviously designed to line up and give bonuses chained like the loading screen shows. Why they changed it, I doubt we'll ever know.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Both ways looks terrible. The buildings were obviously designed to line up and give bonuses chained like the loading screen shows. Why they changed it, I doubt we'll ever know.
the best part is the pathways/sidewalks were designed to line up too. put them next to the train, and you got a nice image in your city.

If you line them like the loading screen shows, than you miss out on the +2 bonus on the outside buildings. Maybe that is why it works in a staggered pattern.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
If you line them like the loading screen shows, than you miss out on the +2 bonus on the outside buildings. Maybe that is why it works in a staggered pattern.
But if you look at the loading screen, the four buildings are chained together and have the chain icon connecting them. That means they should work in a chain and if all four are lined up, all four would get full bonuses.

GateKeeper

Baronet
thats the point, the loading screen clearly shows + + + with a "chain" symbol, that means they should line them up and get bothe bonuses, just like the Train from last year