• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Aztecs

GateKeeper

Baronet
Fellow Players, Ill expect the hate responses but I think the Mini-Game is pretty good as is. Yes it will be hard to get a perfect score, but thats ok, not everything should be easy. The Bonus Button to double earnings is really not that expensive either, Id' use only towards the end though, to finish up the current level, dont use it early on. I wouldn't use the additional chance button though, that isn't worth diamonds.
@1CCX , excellent sir, good luck!!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Fellow Players, Ill expect the hate responses but I think the Mini-Game is pretty good as is. Yes it will be hard to get a perfect score, but thats ok, not everything should be easy. The Bonus Button to double earnings is really not that expensive either, Id' use only towards the end though, to finish up the current level, dont use it early on. I wouldn't use the additional chance button though, that isn't worth diamonds.
@1CCX , excellent sir, good luck!!

Early is the only time the double button makes any sense - to get expansions earlier. Towards the end you can get as many goods as you need for tech in the exact right amounts at 5 diamonds each at the time you unlock them - the same price you pay for doubling them.

While I'm not saying the game is unfair, it'd be more fun if finding a good did not consume a turn - we'd probably need to get ~3-4 less starting turns as well at that point, but it'd give a chance to feel like you get a "victory" now and then where you get all the goods.

8/10s might not be terrible from a progression standpoint, but they're no thrill either. Being able to get 10/10 on a good run instead of 8/10 will barely change the amount the game helps you progress, but would make the game more fun imo.

The point is in avoiding doing the clickfest that is destroying the city and rebuilding it twice for not much if any gain. Diplomacy is the thing I hate most about settlements.
This settlement seem the most disproportional in smile buildings. The statues are only 5 smiles compared to the others that are 7/7/6 and the next deco is 30 compared to 36/55 and vikings 2x1 at 24. Yet we need the same amount of smiles per tech as Vikings.

BritishBoy

Marquis
Finished first run just now. Mini game is ok. Good old minesweeper :) might do some more on beta but will skip on live as my city is way to advanced for lvl 9 bonuses.

war1dog

Farmer
over all i like aztecs except it is too expensive and the settlement seems to be centered on forcing players to spend diamonds. So when it comes to the live server I'll just continue to rerun the egyptian settlement.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
For the people that finished - is it possible to finish on time for max rewards. So far, it seems VERY SLOW.
Yeah seems quite doable if you're able to collect on time. I completed my first settlement in just over 10 days, so over a week left for gold price. I spent around 3-400 diamonds to get the minigame day one, which I definitely won't do on live, but I can't imagine that it would speed the settlement up by more than a few days, definitely not a week. I also missed a few collections, probably did around 2 x 8h + 1 x 4h collections per day on average. So if you're able to collect it should be quite doable :)

SnowArasha

Farmer
Good morning all,

I would like to know if you had a method and your strategy for the mini game

I really need it

Thank you for your help

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Good morning all,

I would like to know if you had a method and your strategy for the mini game

I really need it

Thank you for your help

This is my strategy:

I definitely think the game can be improved, but if you use the right strategies you can definitely do quite well! I don't think linking is allowed, but I'm currently working on video guide on the minigame, so will definitely make that into a thread guide on the forum as well :)

I've completed 30 games so far, and I've been able to pick up 68% of the goods. If I ignore the first few days when I didn't really know what I was doing, that is closer to 75% of the goods. In raw numbers, I've picked up 218/322 goods, or 7.3/10.7 goods per game! I have three more games of my first settlement, so that's around 240 goods over the settlement, don't quite know if that's good or not. I don't like that the 4x boost doesn't apply, it will make the game less and less important as your settlement speed goes up and up. Anyways, my basic strategy is simple:

1) Try to open a big area of empty tiles, this will give you a lot of information to work with. Best way to do it is to open the corner tiles, then the middle tiles of the top and bottom row UNTIL you unlock an open area. When you do move on to step 2 immediately.
View attachment 6156

2) "Solve" that area - If you're lucky you'll be able to determine all the goods around the area, but you will sometimes have 50/50 situations as well. When you do, give the 50/50 a go, it will often help you determine the other goods around the are :) The numbers are the order I clicked on the tiles:
View attachment 6157

3) If you have more attempts, jump back to step 1), or if you only have a few attempts left and know a few goods are behind a previously opened tile, have a go at finding those goods :)

AGranolaBar

Squire
Close to finishing the 1st round so I feel like I can give a proper feedback.

+ the 30% defense for attackers from the main building (at max lvl)
+ nice minigame, at the same time too few turns to properly enjoy the fun of it
+ nice looks, less buildings to build in the menu

- biggest one - the damn boulders everywhere; i don't feel like they are needed to slow us down even more, that is already achieved through so many other things
- it's so so boring that it feels more than a chore. An actual punishment (reminds me of early Vikings)
- expansions cost too much, cost per round of goods again too much (one or the other would have been nice)
- will have to wait and see what happens with the 4xbonus but fells like finishing on time for all the fragments is too difficult to bother/invest time and diamonds.
So overall - no thanks.

coolyfooly

Squire
The chances givin at the mini game needs to be doubled. Also main building should give same FP as previous settlement buildings of same size being 12fp or more.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
One thing I've been thinking about today as my settlement is drawing to a close, what would the time cost be of less nuisance?

Yes additional expansions beyond what I did probably would've had a hard time paying for themself but perhaps they would've allowed me to continue with avoiding the "destroy everything for culture" cycle. If I were to have bought say 5 or 6 more expansions it'd only have added a day or two of time to my run if that space did absolutely nothing for me.

And it would've been enough that I could've used it for nothing but culture & quests and continued progressing the quests. And once in a while it could probably have been a little bit of use - made me some extra beans or a 6th goods building while waiting. for the next quest/tech need.

Looks like I'll make it on time, the settlement is a real rough begining with all of the buildings being nerfed. I get it's not supposed to be "easy" and maybe supposed to be more challenging but there's a line between "fun" and "I'm not even going to bother with this mess". A lot of people are leaning towards the later btw if all of these replies weren't an indicator already.

- Shrine does not give enough beans and takes an hour to build, this means the begining of the settlement you can only have 1 goods building because expansions are too expensive and not enough space to have more shrines to have enough buildings to sustain more
- Decos do not give enough smiles per square despite needing as many smiles to unlock techs as vikings settlement, this leads to having to completely destroy city to build decos and takes hours off overall settlement time
- Too many stoners which make city layout impossible for the large buildings in the later techs and can seriously stunt city growth early in the settlement before removals become available

Now after the first few days the settlement does get easier and not because of the minigame, maybe partially because of the minigame but mostly because expanions become available as well as stone removals.

SnowArasha

Farmer
Merci pour vos réponses:

Je suis en train de créer un tutoriel et j'ai encore ..... Quelques demandes

1) Extensions de prix pour les actualités

2) quêtes 17 et 18

Merci d'avance

Moderator note: Please add an English translation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lekaylee

Farmer
Heyho :) At the ones who are already done with the first Turn...

How many Expansions do you by and with whitch Goods do you pay? I am not shure - a little chaos at my Settlement ;) I definitely do not get the gold at the End.

The Mini game is - funny ;) I like it! Sadly it is too fast at the end - Id like to do more ;)

but ... the costs of the expansions are much too high ,.... it would be good if they are similar to the Japans.. IMHO that would be more in balance I think. It is as hard to start as the Wikings.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Heyho :) At the ones who are already done with the first Turn...

How many Expansions do you by and with whitch Goods do you pay? I am not shure - a little chaos at my Settlement ;) I definitely do not get the gold at the End.

The Mini game is - funny ;) I like it! Sadly it is too fast at the end - Id like to do more ;)

but ... the costs of the expansions are much too high ,.... it would be good if they are similar to the Japans.. IMHO that would be more in balance I think. It is as hard to start as the Wikings.

I think you have things distorted in your memory - Japan Expansions were not cheap at all. You just had early access to them with advanced goods via the minigame which enabled you to get a bunch once you unlocked the minigame - the same as these ones.

Vikings expansions *were* cheap and it was a much faster "start" (i.e. the period before the japanese minigame was much more painful to not-diamond than getting to the second good in vikings).

This is kinda in between them both. You have more space than you did in the Japanese settlement to start. But it's no guarantee the first day of the minigame will unlock you any expansions - primarily because the minigame is less powerful (probably why we get no x4 from it too - getting a pile of x4 instruments and unlocking your entire expansion needs for the colony on day 2 is probably not how they imagined things going :p)

I buy a crap ton expansions at the end of settlements with extra goods I got x4 from productions/games that I don't need to use on techs. With this an japan, I'll use the later aged goods from the minigames since usually there is less demand for them and lower cost. With Vikings I stopped buying expansion early in the game when 11 remained with the first two sets of goods. Maybe that's 7 expansions?

I try to choose expansions with the least stoners or annoying placements which can give a variety of different layouts for me.