• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Aztecs

Emberguard

Emperor
Could have also done it after completing at least 1 round of each settlement (or more), and then having it appear in the settlement list and what requirement to unlock it rather than just not putting it on at all. Months after we forget this settlement, new people will be sitting in LMA having no clue that if they went up to CA they could unlock new settlement.
Then a simple solution to that would be to display it in the list greyed out / locked and if clicked on stated it has to be done in Colonial Age or above

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't think you've played a lot of minesweeper then, the possibility always exist....... I know I've lost on the first click, and somehow on one aztec game I hit 5 random slots first step on the map and hit all 5 goods.

The first click is never a mine - but it's not necessarily an open area either as they implied. Usually the start of a minesweeper level is a bunch of click & pray until you find an open area to start actually playing.

kaymedic

Marquis
It is possible if you replay your last map and know where a mine was. A new map in Minesweeper (at least 98 and XP) will never give you a mine for your first click ;)

Then a simple solution to that would be to display it in the list greyed out / locked and if clicked on stated it has to be done in Colonial Age or above
This is what I was getting at, yes please display the settlement greyed out with the requirements.

Most of my guild is reporting that they don't bother at all with the settlements because they require so much babysitting, especially aztecs cant get enough supplies to do the goods buildings, 2 extra days to produce an extra 300 goods is kind of crap especially at the early replays. .

Maybe I'm having a Mandela on the minesweeper, it's been 20 years.....

Fenix

Viceroy
I can't buy attempts in the mini game, the game does a reload. This happens every time.

1602290394308.png

Instead of 0 should be 20. Hit Ok and then:

1602290579183.png

1602289967129.png

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I had pretty amazing luck today in the minigame. Where 2 of them got stuck yesterday at 3-4 goods found because I didn't get a good start, today I managed to pull out 80% of the goods in each of the 3 minigames.

I still think successfully taking a good not counting as a turn would make sense (especially in terms of selling extra turns - since as it stands 1 more turn is at most 1 more good and you're charging 10 diamonds for that 1 good). Would add a bit of a thrill where even when you're down to your last turn you still could get lucky and find the rest of the goods.

Fenix

Viceroy
Personal opinion: it is difficult to gather cocoa, shouldn't be this hard (it makes this extremely boring, you can't, for example, have 2 or 3 production buildings, and if you have 1, you can't make 24h productions).

CrashBoom

Legend
I still think successfully taking a good not counting as a turn would make sense (especially in terms of selling extra turns - since as it stands 1 more turn is at most 1 more good and you're charging 10 diamonds for that 1 good). Would add a bit of a thrill where even when you're down to your last turn you still could get lucky and find the rest of the goods.
but buying goods in the settlement tech tree only costs 5 diamonds per good o_O

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
but buying goods in the settlement tech tree only costs 5 diamonds per good o_O

That was what I implied makes little sense about buying turns under the current circumstances ;)

There is a corner case where on the first day you have it you might say have found 4 corn or statues. If you buy a turn to get it up to 5 (10 diamonds) and then pay the 25 diamond boost to double 5 to 10, that represents 35 diamonds to get an expansion early and might be "worth it" to some.

But yea for the most part buying extra turns and boosting goods does not make a whole lot of sense.

Owl II

Emperor
That was what I implied makes little sense about buying turns under the current circumstances ;)

There is a corner case where on the first day you have it you might say have found 4 corn or statues. If you buy a turn to get it up to 5 (10 diamonds) and then pay the 25 diamond boost to double 5 to 10, that represents 35 diamonds to get an expansion early and might be "worth it" to some.

But yea for the most part buying extra turns and boosting goods does not make a whole lot of sense.
I agree, it's pointless. No mini-game will remove the boredom caused by beans. If only there could be obtained beans for the production of goods in mini-game, it would be much more interesting

Hilary Briss

Merchant
Is the ability to have the huts motivated a bug or by design. I have just used a mass self aid kit and found all of the huts motivated. If this is by design, can we please have the individual self aid kits available in the settlement.

Zeitlose

Merchant
BUG: on mobile app I played the minigame today for the first time and found about 5-7 goods per game.

but I didn't get any goods into my stock!

I'm not sure we are supposed to find all the goods in the minigame. It isn't a problem per se. Since there is no x4 bonus in the minigame, it would be nice to have something else that becomes better and better. For example, more goods available so we have more chance to get some (1st settlement: you can find 10-12 goods in a minigame and you often get 5-6, 10th settlement: you can find 15-20 goods and you get 10-12).

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Bit of theorycrafting for no-diamond start (note to be *very* careful with your roads at the start):

1) (Optional) Quickstart with short-term 2 goods buildings:
View attachment 6117

5000 beans - 6 * 200 for roads = 3800 beans

Every 4 hours this produces 8*88 = 704 beans, and consumes 2*1000 = 2000 beans.

8 hours later on 4 hr collection you have 1208 beans left and 20 goods and can unlock shrines (whew).

2) 1 Goods Building + Shrines layout (if you skipped 1 because it bothers you to spend away all your start coins, this layout with huts in place of the shrines until you can build shrines is fine)

View attachment 6118

This costs you another road, so you're down to 1008 beans if you did layout 1 for 8 hrs (just enough to start another 4 hr).

This layout on 4 hr cycles produces 6 (connected huts) * 88 + 4 (shrines) * 283= 1660 beans, and consumes 1*1000 = 1000 beans. You will be stuck on 4 hr cycles for at least 8 more hours after 8 hours of the layout in 1. On 8 hr cycles it produces 6*88 + 4*424 = 2224 beans and consumes 1*2000 = 2000 beans. So you're now at least not losing beans.

The version of this with all huts instead as an alternate start produces 10 * 88 = 880 beans and consumes 1*1000 = 1000 beans. 12 hours in you'll be able to build shrines and will still have a decent number of beans stockpiled for when you can afford an expansion and thus will need to build more road (which probably should come after you unlock headdresses and the minigame).
I've found myself creating similar layout ideas. However, for your second layout you don't need the extra road.
5ad991386da1a2e.png

Using the chart for my guide, so that's why it looks so nice lol

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I've found myself creating similar layout ideas. However, for your second layout you don't need the extra road.
5ad991386da1a2e.png

Using the chart for my guide, so that's why it looks so nice lol

Aye, i realised that myself earlier today :) So yea, 6 roads seems to be the sweet-spot for initial layouts.

Until you start getting impediments in your starter squares... :eek:

My first 3 japanese settlements had 2x1 stones right next to the town hall, what luck.

They should buff the supply buildings to give more beans. Shrine gives 100 beans per hour, you'd need 3 shrines per good building or 5 shrines per 2 good building to make goods. Motivated houses don't really offset the cost considering later houses are collected on an 8/24 hour basis. And then it's impossible to get these amount of shrines because they need a lot more population and then you've run out of space because there's dang stones everywhere.