• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Global Activity Indicator - No, not an online indicator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10263

Reason
Recruit active members
Details
A simple yellow/red indicator beside the player in question much like the Guild member activity monitor already currently in place. Only for the whole world on that server. I scrub through the players ranking list to look for people without guilds and send them an invite based on the stats I can see. Nine out of ten times that player has quit playing days, weeks or months ago and I'm simply wasting my time sending out invites to dead players.
Balance
No adjustments needed as this is not to be confused with an Online indicator. It will only report O, yellow, or red like how the current guild member activity indicator only for the player ranking list.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse as this is not an Online indicator, it will only show if they player still logs in once in 3-7 days (Yellow), or none in 2 weeks (Red) so we don't waste time trying to recruit players who quit playing.
Summary
A good tool to help increase guild ranks and simply ignore dead or players who quit.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, the only wording I could find was someone who was against an Online Indicator which this is not.
Global Activity Indicator - No, not an online indicator! Much like how we guild leaders can see how active a guild member is, such indicator for the player ranking list would be helpful to help us recruit active members instead of sending out invites to players who have stopped playing. In a typical world, of 15k to 20k players less than 10% are actually active players.

Attachments

• Global.jpg
    Global.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 60
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
global activity indicator:

just look up players and check points growth :p somebody who only gathers his daily gainings still gets points.

Moderator note, please do not link external websites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artubar

Baronet
@antoto51 : Don't forget that a plundered building doesn't restart production automatically. Friends will motivate the remaining plunderable buildings until they realize that their friend is inactive. And if I'd go into planned inactivity, I wouldn't even bother to start productions before closing the game.

antoto51

Farmer
the friends-Guilds will quickly exclude it, so no more PO / MO, the remaining buildings will be looted 1 to 1

at most you have 1 looting / day, even with about fifty lootable buildings you have enough to hold 2 good me (even more with good defense)

Last edited:
les amis-Guildes vont rapidement l'exclure, donc plus beaucoup de PO/MO, les bâtiments restants se feront piller 1 à 1
au max tu as 1pillage/jour, même avec une cinquantaine de bâtiments pillable tu as de quoi tenir 2 bons moi (même plus avec une bonne defense)

Translation (Google):

the friends-Guilds will quickly exclude it, so no more PO / MO, the remaining buildings will be looted 1 to 1 at most you have 1 looting / day, even with about fifty lootable buildings you have enough to hold 2 good me (even more with good defense)

Gamer2412

Merchant
The indicator could also be a little bit less obvious...
E.g. changing the view of a town with degraded buildings if a player was not online for some time...

antoto51

Farmer
Translation (Google):

the friends-Guilds will quickly exclude it, so no more PO / MO, the remaining buildings will be looted 1 to 1 at most you have 1 looting / day, even with about fifty lootable buildings you have enough to hold 2 good me (even more with good defense)
sorry, i forgot translate

E.g. changing the view of a town with degraded buildings if a player was not online for some time...

That would require to add a new image for all current and new buildings at the game?
Maybe easier to turn on a mist or black cloud over the Town Hall, or Tavern.
  • Mist OFF (Normal View) = Player Active
  • Mist ON = Player Inactive
This way only the design/mechanics of one building would need to be modified.

Last edited:

Artubar

Baronet
I think the indicator should be obvious - otherwise I can keep parsing JSON data as well...

But I like the idea of a visual change of such a "forgotten city".
Instead of changing buildings I'd suggest a vintage photo effect, sepia tones and a vignette, something like this:
cuba-skyline-havana-urban-royalty-free-thumbnail.jpg

This can be easily achieved with an overlay image and color blend mode (basically the same as the darkened background that dims your city when you open modal windows).
This way, not a single pixel of the existing building images has to be changed.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
  • identify inactive friends to be removed from the list.
how will inactive friends be identified? to look for each in the rating list approximately the same in time as typing nicknames in the event feed in the town hall. I'm afraid that if it is directly in the tape, the tape will slow down even more.

Artubar

Baronet
how will inactive friends be identified? ...
Th [extended] idea was to have the indicator in the social bars, too - like the tavern or attack indicator.
An unobtrusive way would be having the stats "#rank m.any.poi.nts" below the name color-coded...

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Th [extended] idea was to have the indicator in the social bars, too - like the tavern or attack indicator.
An unobtrusive way would be having the stats "#rank m.any.poi.nts" below the name color-coded...
forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/appearance-and-some-gameplay-improvements.13563/
just in my previous topic about changing the color of the button for joining the guild mister Darrth Eugene Vader3
said literally "b. Change color of the button for each option available to join a guild. -programming & graphical design needed."
so I can't understand, here we say that changing the color of the button is too laborious, but here we agree to make a server-based activity tracking system with three/four indications in the tape оf players, for mailing lists for random players to join the guild!
I think this is a somewhat more laborious process))
By the way, the idea with sepia is very good, but still it will again entail a massive load of cities, from which, thank God, the developers have recently been trying to save us ...
p.s. sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
just in my previous topic about changing the color of the button for joining the guild mister @Darrth Eugene Vader3
said literally "b. Change color of the button for each option available to join a guild. -programming & graphical design needed."
so I can't understand, here we say that changing the color of the button is too laborious, but here we agree to make a server-based activity tracking system with three/four indications in the tape оf players, for mailing lists for random players to join the guild!
I think this is a somewhat more laborious process))
By the way, the idea with sepia is very good, but still it will again entail a massive load of cities, from which, thank God, the developers have recently been trying to save us ...
p.s. sorry for my bad english

My "-programming & graphical design needed." comment was to compare this option b. to a previous option a. which didn't required any programming, or graphical design. Without the other, the comment may be unfairly interpreted out of context.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
My "-programming & graphical design needed." comment was to compare this option b. to a previous option a. which didn't required any programming, or graphical design. Without the other, the comment may be unfairly interpreted out of context.
naturally. it's easier to learn a foreign language than to change the color of the button)

But I like the idea of a visual change of such a "forgotten city". Instead of changing buildings I'd suggest a vintage photo effect, sepia tones and a vignette, something like this:

If the vintage photo effect is implemented, a click on the sepia image would close it and the player would be able to visit the inactive player city?
Some players would still like to check if something is available for plunder or motivation/polishing.

Artubar

Baronet
like that?
why not go ahead and just change the color of the player's name to a specific color scheme? or a colored dot in front of the name?
First: Yes.
Second: Dot would be bad - long names already don't fit in there, a dot and a space would waste 2-3 more characters

If the vintage photo effect is implemented, a click on the sepia image would close it and the player would be able to visit the inactive player city?
Some players would still like to check if something is available for plunder or motivation/polishing.
The Sepia layer would be click-through (unlike the black veil of modal dialogues) - so you could interact with the city as usual. (You're only looking at it with somewhat dirty glasses )

zlobnyj bot

Squire
The Sepia layer would be click-through (unlike the black veil of modal dialogues) - so you could interact with the city as usual. (You're only looking at it with somewhat dirty glasses )
As far as I understand, the point of the idea is simply to apply a color filter to the city, which will not affect its performance in any way. ok i`m understand

Second: Dot would be bad - long names already don't fit in there, a dot and a space would waste 2-3 more characters
long names don't fit in the feed anyway right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.