• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween 2020

6zeva9

Baronet
How can we get the Strong Man & Bearded Lady Avatars?
Are they hiding in THE FOG?
Or will the be Day 20 & 21 Quest Rewards?

DeletedUser

I love Halloween buildings and I am not dissapointed this year - really great job! Event looks amazing, I like creepy toys, the fog is superb.

Main reward has great looks and stats, nothing to brag about. Amazing.

As usual - I like mechanics with little questlines aside, that way I am not bored after completing main questline.

DeletedUser

But - the building is 3x4, not 4x3 like announcement... well, announces...

The Babelus

Steward
Grand prize is pretty cool, like that. I am just surprised why is it giving population. That reminds me Abandoned Asylum, which was also giving population initially on Beta and removed later, which completely broke my town there :)
For me it makes no sense, who would live in House of Horrors or House of Daemons? It should give 1 population... The negative satisfaction if OK

Zeitlose

Merchant
will there be old avatars in the fog? I've started a new town on live server and would be happy to find my favourite avatar over there. ;)

The event is great, new outfit with fog and halloween tent is cool! Okay, I loved the library better, but it's awesome to have a new theme now and then. :cool: and the toys are lovely, I wish I could keep them somehow after event is over. *lol*

podkap1970

Emperor
biggest problem i had so far, i used a candle to open a misty place, to see what is close to it, but after i opened this misty place with a candle, there was not another misty place, it suddenly changed into nothing/hole/black spot, so i wasted a candle for nothing

already happened twice

you could not see it before there was a black spot, it did change into a black spot after i opened the misty spot close to it, mmh

Edit: 3x now
i'm close to stop here, until its getting fixed, if you can fix this, we had not this problem in the last Halloween/Archaeology-Event

Last edited:

The Babelus

Steward
Well the prizes from the quest lines are awful. It was miserable last year and now it is the same:( It was better in archeology. There is quite low probability to find the most valuable toy (or book whatever)... so I think players deserve Checkmate Square or Botanical Rotunda instead of Mad Scientist's lab

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
biggest problem i had so far, i used a candle to open a misty place, to see what is close to it, but after i opened this misty place with a candle, there was not another misty place, it suddenly changed into nothing/hole/black spot, so i wasted a candle for nothing

already happened twice

you could not see it before there was a black spot, it did change into a black spot after i opened the misty spot close to it, mmh

Edit: 3x now
i'm close to stop here, until its getting fixed, if you can fix this, we had not this problem in the last Halloween/Archaeology-Event
I am pretty sure that what you experience is intentional - some tiles just are without fog - this indeed is helping you as you do not need to uncover that tile a d you get to see the neighboring tile for free.

podkap1970

Emperor
I am pretty sure that what you experience is intentional - some tiles just are without fog - this indeed is helping you as you do not need to uncover that tile a d you get to see the neighboring tile for free.
hmm not sure i explained it well, lets try it again, both titles are in fog, both are a misty place, but when you lighting up the first one, the 2nd one changed into an empty slot, before i cleared the first spot it wasnt empty

but yes it can help, even you do not know it was a free spot before, it can ..., sometimes it does not, and you waste a candle

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It feels clunkier than past archaeology/haunted houses. I think part of what gives me this feeling is that the candle is centered on your cursor while its tip looks like the tip of a cursor and isn't where you're actually aiming. It might be nice if the icons under cursor were a bit smaller to reduce the feeling that it's not highlighting where you're aiming.

6zeva9

Baronet
Last 2 rush quests rewards are Fortune Teller and Illustrated Man
I know!
It was my reply when someone suggested it as the location to find the Bearded Lady and the Strongman, these two avatars are not shown in the announcement but are on the spoilers page.

Well the prizes from the quest lines are awful. It was miserable last year and now it is the same:( It was better in archeology. There is quite low probability to find the most valuable toy (or book whatever)... so I think players deserve Checkmate Square or Botanical Rotunda instead of Mad Scientist's lab
I agree that the Checkmate Square and Botanical Rotunda are better than the Mad Scientist Lab, but those two are not Halloween related.