• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New GB "Galata"?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
It seems, the bonus will be "plunder repel"

also a new questgiver was added - might be related (only placeholder so far):
Queen Teuta:
allage_queen_teuta_large.png

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
considering it is only 3x3, it might really be interesting...
I recon, it could be something like X% chance to repel a plunder X times. both parameters going up with the GBs level - otherwise it would be way too mighty as there usually only are a few plunderers in a hood and a guaranteed block (even if it only is 4 blocks per day) could banish plundering completely.

So another tutorial GB, possibly triggered by unlocking neighborhood fights.

I hope it's not a full plunder block, which would just devalue Atlantis and Voyager even more. It could instead allow for a production to be unaffected by plundering. Someone might plunder a TF and gain 5 FP, but the production would still be there for the owner to be collected normally.

Or maybe something that adds interactivity to the neighborhood, rather than being completely passive - some variation of "you can't be plundered by a player you have successfully attacked within the last 24h".

Although I fear they're just giving in to the crying, and a full or partial plunder block is what we'll get, because that's the only variant that the loudest crybabies can actually appreciate. Which wouldn't solve any issues that the current system actually has, but gets rid of the complaints.

derdelyi beta

Merchant
I recon, it could be something like X% chance to repel a plunder X times. both parameters going up with the GBs level - otherwise it would be way too mighty as there usually only are a few plunderers in a hood and a guaranteed block (even if it only is 4 blocks per day) could banish plundering completely.

Yes some kind constraint will be surely applied on this GB. But I would assume that only the X% chance will be applied and there will be no 'Y times' part.

If it would properly be balanced, then I assume it could be a very useful building for small casual players, who are continuously plundered by strong campers in lower ages. If it would provide a protection chance of 30-40% at level 10, then it would be a miracle for small players. If it would provide <<30% chance at level 10, then it would not make any sense, because small players, who suffer the most from plundering in lower ages would be unable to level up such GB to get a sufficient protection level.
On the other hand, the protection chance should be capped around 60-70% at lvl60 to still provide a sufficient plundering chance for attackers.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Yes some kind constraint will be surely applied on this GB. But I would assume that only the X% chance will be applied and there will be no 'Y times' part.

If it would properly be balanced, then I assume it could be a very useful building for small casual players, who are continuously plundered by strong campers in lower ages. If it would provide a protection chance of 30-40% at level 10, then it would be a miracle for small players. If it would provide <<30% chance at level 10, then it would not make any sense, because small players, who suffer the most from plundering in lower ages would be unable to level up such GB to get a sufficient protection level.
On the other hand, the protection chance should be capped around 60-70% at lvl60 to still provide a sufficient plundering chance for attackers.
But would leveling it really be useful? Considering what gb levels usually cost you would need to prevent tons of plunderings to rectify the investment. Really hard to find a balance there - on the other hand mir and more of the (high yielding) event buildings can be plundered recently - making plundering an attractive sport again..

derdelyi beta

Merchant
But would leveling it really be useful? Considering what gb levels usually cost you would need to prevent tons of plunderings to rectify the investment. Really hard to find a balance there - on the other hand mir and more of the (high yielding) event buildings can be plundered recently - making plundering an attractive sport again..

Yeah, but there are a lot of casual players who log in only once or twice per day (and skip 1-2 days per week) and they do not harverst in time. They have no high level GBs they have no perfectly designed city and they produce the goods in the tranditional way :)
I assume it could be really really annoying for those players to log in and see that half of their production is plundered... Some of them surely quit the game after some time because this situation could be really frustrating for them. For these pleayers, the above mentioned 30-40% protection provided by a GB that can be leveled up to 10 within a few weeks could be a real solution.

I personally never plunder my neighbours. For me (an advanced player) a few goods/FP from plundering is nothing, but for a casual player such plunder could be a real pain. I think plundering is OK, if players of similar levels plunder each other, but currently a player with 20M++ points could camp in EMA for ages and with its super high attack boost can easily plunder its whole neighborhood each day.

Praeceptor

Marquis
... but currently a player with 20M++ points could camp in EMA for ages and with its super high attack boost can easily plunder its whole neighborhood each day.

That sounds like good motivation to move up an era.

Remember - all us high level players had to go through this - just accept that being plundered is part of the game if you are a more casual player. It's not the end of the world.

currently a player with 20M++ points could camp in EMA for ages and with its super high attack boost can easily plunder its whole neighborhood each day.
Some of us have over 20 Million in Iron Age in some of our worlds too ;)

Thing is it is rare for anyone there to have anything worth plundering, so I very rarely bother (though I did get my first TF in over 2 years the other day though!!!)

The new great building is likely to be a waste of fp, but may make some people happier. And it will give us something else to point to when we get crymail.

Merchant

you are right, theres a line in code:

"Plunder repel: The first %s you are plundered you have %s% chance to repel it."

you are right, theres a line in code:

"Plunder repel: The first %s you are plundered you have %s% chance to repel it."

yuck, i'd like my plundering to stay unhindered. let's hope these chance #'s and especially the % chance stays low (since most players usually do not get attacked/plundered by more than only a handful of people per day).

CrashBoom

Legend
Who will be losing space for this building?
who is losing 100s of space for defense boost ?

actually there are already enough players

imaging how much space all would win if he doesn't need ritual flames and watchtowers anymore
Basil & Deal Castle: obsolete. saved 25+49 space. I have seen players leveling those up very high

if it can reach nearly 100% (like Kraken) I will think about it
(and depending on the collectable bonus)

imaging how much space all would win if he doesn't need ritual flames and watchtowers anymore
Basil & Deal Castle: obsolete. saved 25+49 space. I have seen players leveling those up very high

they still are useful in the pvp arena (against losing there in defenses)

i bet fp will be the collectible bonus :p

Lasair

Farmer

if there is a collectible bonus.... may as well be like ToR or Zeus....

if it has a 2nd bonus and this one is either for FP, for GG or for the attack or def of the attacking army then I will build it, otherwise no thank you. But that scenario is very improbable.