• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2020

Umbrathor

Baronet
Getting the max level on an event building take a lot of work and dedication and/or a lot of real money. When upgrade kits for the previous year's event building are more exciting that the new years event building that feels wrong.
In understand what you mean, and agree up to a point. The main prize should feel like the Main Prize. However, two people may have vastly different ideas of what makes a good building. I have heard few people enthousiastic about the Villa, but there will be people who consider it worthwhile, simply for the high attack bonus it gives - THE most desired and asked for bonus, next to the defense bonus for attackers. It also is the ONLY event building, currently, that gives units, making it quite special. The settlements are not an event mechanic, for clarification. So it has enough going for it.

Nevertheless, you and I are not enthusiastic about it. So be it. I consider that not a major problem, because the event also offers a building that we both do consider worthwhile: the Crow's Nest. And that makes the event worthwhile in my eyes.

I have stated in earlier events that I deplore the inflation caused by easily accessible main prizes from previous events. I stand by that. That said, I assume that Inno has done that partly to create a better spread of good prizesfor any given event. For instance: every event now includes a building that gives attack bonus, either as the new main prize, or as previous main prize made available as a daily or secondary prize. It seems that when the design new prizes, they looik at the other rpizes that will be availble in that event, and find a prize that is distincly different when compared to those other, earlier prizes. I consider that to be a sound design principle. It means that when Colossus can be won, the new main prize is unlikely to have an attack bonus for attackers as its main attraction. And when Crow's nest can be won, it is unlikely that a new event building will also give chance to win diamonds.

Since that realization (unconfirmed, but the pattern so far seems to support it) I've stopped judging the new event buildings as stand alone, and started to evaluate the spread of prizes available in that event. You and agree have come to different conclusions at least partly because of that difference in viewing the prizes.

Where you say:
Bottom line: make the [MAIN] event buildings exciting enough to make the worth feel validated in the end.
I say: Bottom line: make the sum of ALL event buildings available in any particular event exciting enough to make the worth feel validated in the end.

Fenix

Viceroy
I like this grand prize, and will be very useful to me.
That said, my opinion is that the boat and the lighthouse should appear more often.
And some prizes that nobody wants could disappear (for example, the victory towers, even if upgraded are useless, they are not material to be a silver prize).

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
There is the a golden price Governor's Villa Lvl 1.
Change the price to an upgrade kit, please. You will get the Governor's Villa Lvl 1 as a main price anyway, if you wnt to place this building more than once
Selection kits would be better. At least you can still place a Lvl 1. Upgrade kits you wouldn't be able to use if there's no additional Lvl 1 to obtain

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Change the price to an upgrade kit, please. You will get the Governor's Villa Lvl 1 as a main price anyway, if you wnt to place this building more than once
then the diamond spender would end up with too many upgrades ;)
so emberguards suggestion would be better - that on the other hand would it make too easy to get this years main prize to max...

Sinitar

Regent
then the diamond spender would end up with too many upgrades ;)
so emberguards suggestion would be better - that on the other hand would it make too easy to get this years main prize to max...
and the inno would apreciate that?I think the chance to change this is very low

indian20

Steward
so I spend everything I got (52 dublones) and got 5 times up. Meaning I have an average of 1,92. I will need another 120 steps but I´ll get only 46 dublones from the event. I have to reach an average 2,6. That will not pan out, especially when I haven´t found one lousy dublone in the incidents so far. With the actual average I would need to find 16 dublones - so Inno let´s keep´em comin´

Borowski

Squire
i really like the governor's villa, even without fp!
but: this "simple to get" event building is quite similar to the yggdrasil where you have to invest a really huge effort to get it to lv9.
so for me all this effort is somehow devalued...

qaccy

Emperor
i really like the governor's villa, even without fp!
but: this "simple to get" event building is quite similar to the yggdrasil where you have to invest a really huge effort to get it to lv9.
so for me all this effort is somehow devalued...

Nah, Yggdrasil is still miles better. Only 9 squares vs 30 is a significant difference and the smaller building is still better.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Why is the Level 1 Governor's Villa a gold prize? Why is it on the wheel at all? It makes no sense. I haven't gotten far enough yet but don't you always get a level 1 prize when you sail far enough?

qaccy

Emperor
Why is the Level 1 Governor's Villa a gold prize? Why is it on the wheel at all? It makes no sense. I haven't gotten far enough yet but don't you always get a level 1 prize when you sail far enough?

It was the same last year with the Crow's Nest. I agree though that just having the building available on the wheel but not upgrades is a bit of a half-measure. Especially since we won't be seeing ways to upgrade this building anywhere after this event ends except for maybe one special offer at some point and then the 2021 Summer Event.

DeletedUser5097

My conclusion that the villa is well-balanced, and that I am close to saying it might even need to be nerfed, was quite supported by arguments. Quite rational, therefore. We disagree about whether the building needs improvement. Let's agree to disagree and let's not start slurring one another to try and shove our respective conclusions under the table.

I believe my comments were feedback too, and al least equally worthwhile, thank you very much.

In every event feedback thread where people are unhappy, the diamond argument gets used. "Listen to me, I buy diamonds and I won't [now] so you better change it!" [This is] not an argument. Just a statement to be taken at face value. A statement that has the trappings of a tantrum.

You would serve your cause better by simply explaining why you think the building needs to be improved, and in what way.

By the way, the fact that others agree is useful information, but has the downside of there not being any evidence for it. Anyone can say it. If your guild mates add [their] comments here, that will give it many times more weight. Numbers do lend weight.

[Finally], the Crow's nest can be won with diamonds. Just renew the wheel time and again until it shows up, and make sure you win it. You can.

[Edits of typos / for clarification]
While I don’t support an nerve, I strongly agreed that you brought real arguments. I also agreed lot with you against the non-arguments comments.
As an side note, I see a lot of the I-arguments and no fps not worth it but those lack the why arguments. Besides the because I have an Lvl80+ Alca and/or lvl80+ Frontenac I don’t need units or goods. Well good for you, perhaps you have also an Alca lvl80+ so you don’t need fps but plenty other players don’t have such high lvl GB’s. If those comments where structured more like because this building is relative weak compared to event buildings with similar att% per square it would be much more fair, IMO. It seems that most forget that they are not the only ones playing and that their situations aren’t universal. It’s a bit sad but also getting old to read through 40%+ of such feedback.

Anyways personally I find the CV pretty strong. It combines population and counter acts it with happiness. It provides an decant att% and since the last time this was offered was during the winter event I’m excited. Next to it 4 random units are for an event building unique. In my opinion extremely useful for especially younger cities. It’s great because it doesn’t depends on military buildings present in the city. If this wasn’t enough 40 random goods are daily produced. This is equal to 2 goods buildings.
So basically why I find this building good is because:
> Provides population and counters it
> Produces 4 units/d like an military building but better because it stacks
> Produces goods equal to 2 goods buildings
> Att% bonus to support the army even more

Yes it doesn’t give fps, so what? Plenty of alternatives are available. Victory plaza’s1/2 just providing att% and is considered great but lacks also fps but who whines about that fact??
So yeah if they like to increase the daily units, yes please it would make it even greater. More goodies sure love it for GBG, more att%? Can’t have too much of it. This event building is an great military/trader hybrid event building, for said reasons, imo