• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Changes

derdelyi beta

Merchant
Why the hell is everybody complaining about reducing dimanond rewards??? Everybody thinks that the diamond reward is greatly decrased i.e. halfed or something like that....
First of all the amount of diamonds in a reward was not decreased, only the chance of winning is slightly reduced. I did not calculate the actual odds but I assume the overall avarage diamond reward per fully completed CE is reduced only 10-20% percent.

BUT according to the latest update, the new items won't interfere the actual diamond reward chances instead they will replace some garbage rewards (coins, supplies, medals) in some other chests on the 4th level so the avarage diamond reward WON'T be decreased after the latest update! :)

Regarding the difficulty of the 4th level. Until this time it was the same as was back in 2-3 years ago, BUT since that time the avarage attack & defense bonus of players have been GREATLY increased. So this change shall be considered as some kind of balancing change. It won't be more difficult but will be restored to the same difficulty as was some time ago :)

kaymedic

Marquis
I never negotiate but I think there is no need to increase the costs. Fighting was already too easy so making it more difficult is no problem for the majority of players who do GEX4 frequently.

Why the hell is everybody complaining about reducing dimanond rewards??? Everybody thinks that the diamond reward is greatly decrased i.e. halfed or something like that....
First of all the amount of diamonds in a reward was not decreased, only the chance of winning is slightly reduced. I did not calculate the actual odds but I assume the overall avarage diamond reward per fully completed CE is reduced only 10-20% percent.

BUT according to the latest update, the new items won't interfere the actual diamond reward chances instead they will replace some garbage rewards (coins, supplies, medals) in some other chests on the 4th level so the avarage diamond reward WON'T be decreased after the latest update! :)

Regarding the difficulty of the 4th level. Until this time it was the same as was back in 2-3 years ago, BUT since that time the avarage attack & defense bonus of players have been GREATLY increased. So this change shall be considered as some kind of balancing change. It won't be more difficult but will be restored to the same difficulty as was some time ago :)

I understood your speech, however, the main problem is not really the diamonds, but the clear inadequacy of the structures at Level 2 compared to the increase in difficulty in Level IV Shipments. Only the TF has decent upgraded bonuses. Also, although it's true that the game has changed since 2 years ago, players who play recently will find it very difficult to complete the last level. You will need to stay months and months in specific eras before advancing. If the negotiations have changed as well...

qaccy

Emperor
Kinda makes me wonder why level 4 is being increased in difficulty but not levels 1-3. It seems like an obvious answer. Because all the new stuff is being put in level 4. But...is that the reason why the difficulty is being increased? Or is it because advanced players now have stronger armies and generally more resources than they did back when GE was first added to the game? If this is part of the reason, shouldn't levels 1-3 be increased in difficulty as well? It's even the case that, even though the first 3 levels don't currently contain any of these new level 2 upgrades, they still have to be cleared in order to get to level 4.

I know some will look at me as if I'm crazy for asking any of this, but it does seem odd to me that all this focus is being put only on level 4 if any part of the difficulty increase is because players are stronger now than they were a few years ago.

Also, it seems pretty likely to me that the only thing that was done to make negotiations more 'difficult' is just to increase the quantities in the offers. More expensive is my take on it, not necessarily harder.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Kinda makes me wonder why level 4 is being increased in difficulty but not levels 1-3. It seems like an obvious answer. Because all the new stuff is being put in level 4. But...is that the reason why the difficulty is being increased? Or is it because advanced players now have stronger armies and generally more resources than they did back when GE was first added to the game? If this is part of the reason, shouldn't levels 1-3 be increased in difficulty as well? It's even the case that, even though the first 3 levels don't currently contain any of these new level 2 upgrades, they still have to be cleared in order to get to level 4.

I know some will look at me as if I'm crazy for asking any of this, but it does seem odd to me that all this focus is being put only on level 4 if any part of the difficulty increase is because players are stronger now than they were a few years ago.

Also, it seems pretty likely to me that the only thing that was done to make negotiations more 'difficult' is just to increase the quantities in the offers. More expensive is my take on it, not necessarily harder.

Their philosophy on releasing level 4 was that it was supposed to be the one difficulty "not everyone" could do. As such it does make sense it's the only spot they're making harder. Newer players don't need harder - and the first 3 difficulties are intended to be reasonable for them. The 4th difficulty is not.

1BFA

Viceroy
This is bad, so bad... strong players do battle, week players, can't do battle, and now they have to spend what they do not have to be able doing something in GE?

LvL-4 is supposed to be really hard.... i'd argue that non-fighters (Campers/RQ's) have it easy over fighters now for Level 4.

LvL-4 is supposed to be really hard.... i'd argue that non-fighters (Campers/RQ's) have it easy over fighters now for Level 4.

You can make this speech for players who have now reached a certain level in Military GE with Expeditions at the current level. Smaller players will now be forced to spend a lot of time within Ere specifications to strengthen their GEs, as they cannot progress.

1BFA

Viceroy
You can make this speech for players who have now reached a certain level in Military GE with Expeditions at the current level. Smaller players will now be forced to spend a lot of time within Ere specifications to strengthen their GEs, as they cannot progress.

GE-4 is not mandatory by inno :) yes some guilds may make it mandatory, they would have to adjust depending how strong/weak their players are.

Kenric

Farmer
I agree that GE4 is not mandatory, and therefore it doesn't *force* people to stall.

But I do think that those who have just managed to get to the point where they can do GE4, and now find it too expensive, will quite rightly feel that something has been taken away from the game, rather than something added. I don't like the idea of a GE5, and I certainly don't want to do 80 encounters of GE a week, but I think it's a mistake to make it harder, and still call it the same thing.

Gindi4711

Steward
With stronger event buildings also giving defense for attacking armies I see the need for buffing GEX armies so they can keep up the stronger armies of the player.
But I dont really understand why there needs to be an increase in goods costs at least with the current low drop rates of the new upgrade kits.

Kesto11

Farmer
This update makes perfect sense. Let’s look at how this affects players:

1. Advanced City Lady: Carefully and patiently built up her city for years with high attack boost and efficient buildings that have long made GE rewards (besides relics and diamonds) completely useless. Update: Rewards still useless and GE is more annoying to complete due to increased difficulty. Brilliant.

2. Moderately Advanced City Guy: Played for a while to the point where Level 4 could finally be completed consistently without wanting to gauge eyes out with spoon. GE buildings sometimes go into the city cause the dude has a little extra space that the rest of his decent buildings can mock and haze until the GE buildings can be thrown in the dumpster fire where they belong and replaced by something better than a steaming pile of you-know-what. Update: Rewards still provide kindling at best but now the player once again hates himself for struggling again to complete something almost entirely useless. He finally got over the hump, and now he‘s gotta dig out his Paintball mask again to deal with these pee-filled balloon updates. Why continue down this path when he can simply walk a different way? Oh right, a year’s worth of pee-splatter is totally worth a single increase of 7 FP that is a plunder-magnet. Brilliant.

3. Newbie: Hey this GE thing is fun and sometimes I get something useful. I sure hope someday soon I can complete levels 3&4 that provide more okay buildings. Update: More okay buildings that Newbie won’t get for even longer since Level 4 is harder. Touchdown.

If you‘re gonna make something harder, you gotta compensate with something better than simply adding additional flavors to the booger-flavored belly-button lint rewards that we’ve been offered the past couple years. Am I supposed to be excited over a new and improved crap cookie now that it’s only half as contaminated with dog feces?

But really, Level 2 TF is so lit. I totally cannot just level up a GB a few times in a couple days and get the same result as spending a year cleaning out ear wax and cleaning poop off the walls to get (maybe) an upgrade that can easily get plundered anyway.

Ultimately there is very little to gain with this update and the best thing I will get out of this is amusing myself writing these posts.

DeletedUser10315

This update makes perfect sense. Let’s look at how this affects players:

1. Advanced City Lady: Carefully and patiently built up her city for years with high attack boost and efficient buildings that have long made GE rewards (besides relics and diamonds) completely useless. Update: Rewards still useless and GE is more annoying to complete due to increased difficulty. Brilliant.

2. Moderately Advanced City Guy: Played for a while to the point where Level 4 could finally be completed consistently without wanting to gauge eyes out with spoon. GE buildings sometimes go into the city cause the dude has a little extra space that the rest of his decent buildings can mock and haze until the GE buildings can be thrown in the dumpster fire where they belong and replaced by something better than a steaming pile of you-know-what. Update: Rewards still provide kindling at best but now the player once again hates himself for struggling again to complete something almost entirely useless. He finally got over the hump, and now he‘s gotta dig out his Paintball mask again to deal with these pee-filled balloon updates. Why continue down this path when he can simply walk a different way? Oh right, a year’s worth of pee-splatter is totally worth a single increase of 7 FP that is a plunder-magnet. Brilliant.

3. Newbie: Hey this GE thing is fun and sometimes I get something useful. I sure hope someday soon I can complete levels 3&4 that provide more okay buildings. Update: More okay buildings that Newbie won’t get for even longer since Level 4 is harder. Touchdown.

If you‘re gonna make something harder, you gotta compensate with something better than simply adding additional flavors to the booger-flavored belly-button lint rewards that we’ve been offered the past couple years. Am I supposed to be excited over a new and improved crap cookie now that it’s only half as contaminated with dog feces?

But really, Level 2 TF is so lit. I totally cannot just level up a GB a few times in a couple days and get the same result as spending a year cleaning out ear wax and cleaning poop off the walls to get (maybe) an upgrade that can easily get plundered anyway.

Ultimately there is very little to gain with this update and the best thing I will get out of this is amusing myself writing these posts.
With this update you dont have to wait a year to get any GE building to level 2. I duumo how frequent but much faster than the original chance.
Also level 4 was always suppose to be hard, it only makes sence, a player in iron age can do GE 64 after 2 weeks with 200 goods of each type. That's way too easy. I get it, you just wanna do your part and be done with it for a week but a lot of other players including myself quite like the struggle and strategic side of it.
And last but not least, you can still dump what you dont need, why nag about a new feature when you can ignore it and go on about your own game style. And as the moderators said the upgrade kits are going to replace coins, supplies and goods. Dont tell me you're upset because the kits have replaced your favorite prizes.

MerleCorey

Farmer
Well, not an update I am looking forward to. I'm what Kesto11 call a "Moderately advanced city guy" on live servers, meaning I recently got developed enough that I can tackle GE4, enjoy it and be helpful to the guild with it. To make it harder now will be very frustrating.
Better would be to have a lvl 5, real hard, possibly containing one age up armies (even for SAAB ;)) that does not count for GE championship (it it counts it will become mandatory). The only positive point is to finally get rid of the very crap rewards gold/supplies/medals; the replacement rewards will be good for AD.