• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

podkap1970

Emperor
It's sad to see this age go down like that. I knew the units were bad, but I didn't want the houses and supply buildings to be bad as well. Long lost were the days when we had variety in buildings, nowadays we only have one new building per category other than military, pity...
the real sad part is, they took a year to "create" this era, and this is the result?

Dessire

Regent
the real sad part is, they took a year to "create" this era, and this is the result?
you and yang10 should stop playin FoE forever, you are those type of players who complain if there is a lot to build but only one worthy building but also who complain if there is only one new building to put. In oceanic future, players complained because there are like 5 different buildings to get population, the same for supplies, and a lot of military buildings and most of the time only 1 house and 1 supply building and 2 to 3 military buildings where enough. now , in this new era, you have only 1 house to build, the same for supplies and only 4 military buildings and you are complaining too, can you leave FoE forever please?

and are you seriously when you are saying that new military units sucks?! damn, you seriously should see a doctor because most of the people here are complaining about military units! In SAM, most used units were: flying units, artillery and heavy units. auto fight in the guild battleground was a nightmare because most of the time was very necessary to change units for each fight to not have any lose of units, but now, thanks to the new era, most of the time you need 8 ranged units (or 2 ranged units and 6 agents) and artillery and that's it! In SAM I used most of the time flying units and artillery, now im using storm nails instead of flying units and artillery, no difference, im fine with that,. if you complain about that, then you are sick and should stop plagin FoE!

and about eras.. daamn! you are more sick in that part... years ago new eras was something to be hyped because each new era was a new oportunity to see your city more evolved in therms of technology and visual design, now, due to all new events and the fact that we have an event after another, we don't need need those "new era" buildings because they are useless! event buildings and GB are all what we need. that's why new eras are not as funny as before! the real problem are the event buildings, newe eras are still being good as before! .

FoE did a good job for give us a new music for our main city, an EXCELENT! new music for the new colony, a more easy way to auto fight in GBs, another great building that give us the chance to get more FPs! damn the other day I got 600 FP thanks to the new building! 400 from himeji and 200 from space carrier, andI have it at level 23!

FoE, please keep doing your work and don't listen those jerks!, and if in the future you are planning add "aliens" civilizations, let us choose one civilizacion between 2 or 3, and depending on the chosen one, you can put in your city certain buildings with a design and benefits related to the chosen alien civilization! :D

Yang10

Marquis
Wow, I seriously don't undestand how players can be so blind as to the other ways people play the game. Dessire, if you like levelling up GB to levels 1000+, fighting every battle with Autobattle and 2000% Att/Def bonus and have a billion fp a day, so be it, that's how you like to play the game, I won't rattle on about you.
I, just comes into place, like to play the game in another way. First of all I loved the Oceanic Future, it was one of my favourite eras due to the length, the units and the buildings, I never complained about that, it brought a lot of innovation to the game and much more desired variety to it all. I wasn't complaining about there only being only one building to build, I was complaining buildings were worse that the ones eras before, as, I think you haven't paid it much attention, usually buildings improve as you move up eras, the ones in SAAB did not, and that shocked me; it's only a natural reaction.
Also, not everyone likes to Autobattle everything, I like the strategy part of the game, it's nice to struggle through a battle, plan out the moves, maybe surrender once or twice to try another strategy, also not having 3000% Att bonus and having only 250% makes battles more approachable and not super easy that they are trivial, adding to that that Guild Battlegrounds and the Guild Expedition also are things that take time and aren't super easy for most players, so these new units, as maybe they make everything super automatic for you, for players that don't play like you, they aren't very good, in general, as they offer less range, when range is one key aspect of keeping your units safe, and if you don't have a level 100+ Alcatraz, units can be hard to come by, mainly when you are battling (and in turn, losing) a lot. I'm not bashing the new units for "not being innovating" or stuff like that, they worked on truly amazing animations and designs and that's not something that should be overlooked, they are great in that aspect.
And a final comment, the game has a base, and Event buildings are not a necessity. One can argue if GB's are truly necessary for the game with the Campaign map having so many high Att/Def bonuses in later eras, but Event buildings certainly are not something you must have, they are something you can have. So with that I say, having a base game with so little aspiration in these last two eras within the main city is a bit dissapointing. One can see that they really made a very good effort on developing the colonies, but not much in making you able to develop your city using only SAM or SAAB buildings, and that's the sad part for me, not seeing them care enough about our main city with these eras.

qaccy

Emperor
And a final comment, the game has a base, and Event buildings are not a necessity. One can argue if GB's are truly necessary for the game with the Campaign map having so many high Att/Def bonuses in later eras, but Event buildings certainly are not something you must have, they are something you can have. So with that I say, having a base game with so little aspiration in these last two eras within the main city is a bit dissapointing. One can see that they really made a very good effort on developing the colonies, but not much in making you able to develop your city using only SAM or SAAB buildings, and that's the sad part for me, not seeing them care enough about our main city with these eras.

I think it's just the way the game's grown over recent years. Events have become so commonplace that normal buildings are pretty much just a relic of the past. By the time any new player reaches the end of research, they'll have acquired so many event buildings along the way that there isn't going to be any room for them to use normal buildings anymore. That doesn't change the fact that buildings should still be improving as you move up in age (event buildings certainly do), but I can see why the developers have put less work into them lately. They're there because they have to be, but they aren't really serving a purpose in-game anymore.

Maybe Inno could instead try changing things up with research in a future age? Maybe a multi-production building like the Terrace Farm can be unlocked through research? Something that produces FP? None of these things would have to be as good as event prizes, but at this point even premium buildings are entirely forgettable because all they do is provide happiness, coins, supplies, and population...stuff that is essentially worthless to players at these stages, because their event prizes already give them more of these resources than are really needed, along with more important bonuses.

Tigertjheu

Squire
I mis one thing in the era. Diamond roads. Since virtual there is no new diamond road added, and those give the same amount as the roads on SAAB. Would be fun to see them appear. I would Definitely use those on the live server!

Dessire

Regent
I think it's just the way the game's grown over recent years. Events have become so commonplace that normal buildings are pretty much just a relic of the past. By the time any new player reaches the end of research, they'll have acquired so many event buildings along the way that there isn't going to be any room for them to use normal buildings anymore. That doesn't change the fact that buildings should still be improving as you move up in age (event buildings certainly do), but I can see why the developers have put less work into them lately. They're there because they have to be, but they aren't really serving a purpose in-game anymore.

Maybe Inno could instead try changing things up with research in a future age? Maybe a multi-production building like the Terrace Farm can be unlocked through research? Something that produces FP? None of these things would have to be as good as event prizes, but at this point even premium buildings are entirely forgettable because all they do is provide happiness, coins, supplies, and population...stuff that is essentially worthless to players at these stages, because their event prizes already give them more of these resources than are really needed, along with more important bonuses.
you made me think this:
airship has 11 different designs, for future events, event buildings like airship could have designs according to your era.
in the case of the airship, the first 2 eras the design could be an "air balloon" made with animal skins, animal bones, a big tree trunk (where people can sit) .. then for the next 2 eras another design, and for the next 2 another design..every 2 ears a design. right now we have 19 eras/ages, that means an event building with 10 levels could have 1 design every 2 eras. how could be the design for the airship in tomorrow and future era to make it match with those era building designs? what do you think qaccy?

qaccy

Emperor
@Dessire Personally I think it'd be cool if event buildings were somehow included in getting different looks for each age. That's the one thing normal buildings still get to do - stand out from each other. These days, most advanced cities only have the Town Hall letting you know which age the player is in as they all fill their cities with event buildings that always look the same. It would be interesting if buildings remained more or less the same design-wise, but upgrades were unlocked as a player reached new ages instead of all being available immediately. This way a single set of appearances could be designed as they currently are (like with the Airship), but a player would have to advance through the ages to be able to continue upgrading it and it would allow them to incorporate the look of higher ages into the higher upgrades because they know players would have to be at or above those ages to unlock them.

I don't think something like this would be very popular though. It's not as fun winning a big event building and a set of upgrades, then having to wait months to be able to use them all and finally reach the end of it.

This is all kind of off-topic for this feedback thread though. But I guess feedback could be passed along about somehow incorporating the look of new ages into event buildings? The aesthetics are usually pretty cool but we get to see hardly any of it in our cities because the normal stuff isn't worth building.

Dessire

Regent
for venus: because you can't use your SAAB colony anymore, you must synthesize resourses from an asteroid that impacted the earth near of your city. each day, you can gather from that asteroid X amount of resources to use them in the SAAB goods synthesizer, when you move from venus to the next new age, that asteroid disappears because you used everything you could get from it in venus age :)

1BFA

Viceroy
for venus: because you can't use your SAAB colony anymore, you must synthesize resourses from an asteroid that impacted the earth near of your city. each day, you can gather from that asteroid X amount of resources to use them in the SAAB goods synthesizer, when you move from venus to the next new age, that asteroid disappears because you used everything you could get from it in venus age :)

But you can synthesize ice with a 3x3 or somtin like that ??? or from SC gb...so what's your point?

DeletedUser10003

Finally im gonna summarise my thoughts, these units are very unbalanced, i can use 8 rocket troops to destroy all units and i can use mars units, im quite sure its not supposed to be this unbalanced, even nail storms are effective against shreeders "which is not supposed to be the case" good for me who likes an age easy, but annoying for the people that want a challenge.

DeletedUser5097

event buildings
Thanks, I've gathered a few events buildings how provided supplies. Yet they are producing not so much
supplies. I guess my LOA and Royal isn't high enough. Himaji does aid a lot indeed.

You'r right I've started all over again on the live server. Despite my lack of supplies and a few times the need of
1-3 current age houses, I only needed military buildings. Even those might be replaced soon or reduced to a
few military buildings. This is since I've reached Late Middle Ages or Colonial age if I remmomber correctly,
even while I've taken it slow.
Playing all over is very different then how the game was before the introduction of GB's. Normal buildings are
hardly worth building it. If Innogames will introduce in Venus spiced up normal buildings, EG providing military
bonuses, supply/coin boosts, maybe even small amounts of fps when motivated or other event building like
bonuses but on an very small scale I might consider investing in those again. Maybe even coming up with an
limited special production or bonus exclusive for Venus and later

qaccy

Emperor
I wanted to come back and say that I'm easily impressed I really like the parallax scrolling for the foreground and background in the asteroid colony. Can't believe it took me this long to notice it!

caro

Farmer
We have noticed that there is a considerable imbalance between sam and saab in gbg:
-> players in saab can do about 20%! fewer fights per day in Gbg in comparison to sam. That also means 20% less chance on rewards
-> but also a considerable disadvantage for the guild because now more players are needed to conquer a province.
You never expect that the transition to a higher era will cause this much disadvantage.. what will that mean for Venus ...

podkap1970

Emperor
We have noticed that there is a considerable imbalance between sam and saab in gbg:
-> players in saab can do about 20%! fewer fights per day in Gbg in comparison to sam. That also means 20% less chance on rewards
-> but also a considerable disadvantage for the guild because now more players are needed to conquer a province.
You never expect that the transition to a higher era will cause this much disadvantage.. what will that mean for Venus ...
ok, few SAAB players in my guild (live server), have also this problem
so there is not a single reason to switch to SAAB, ok i will miss 2 expansions (plus 3x2000 diamond expansions), but thats it?